• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megavitamins

Smash Champion
Why thank you, excuse me while I go seal clubbing.

With the changed Metagame, he won't be the next best character, Marth, with no counters, will be.
Marth doesn't have too many counters, but nearly all of his match ups are neutral/ near neutral (6/4) and he simply lacks the **** match ups that MK has.

Tenki

Smash Hero
lol IC's dont count. they can 0-190 EVERYBODY.
Shouldn't that means they have an advantage on everyone?
yes, But Still. One Grab With No Messups = 0-190%. I Would Think Thats At Least A 6/4 Advantage To Wario. Probably 7/3. Not Sure If This Works Though. Sorry For Double Post, Didnt See New Page
Did You Know That Captain Falcon Has An Infinite Grabrelease On Wario?

Do You Know What The Matchup Is For Falcon Vs Wario?

Do You Think Falcon Has The Advantage?

Also, Ics Have Infinite Chaingrabs On All Characters. They Should Have The Advantage On Everyone.

/caps
/noob
/lolz

----------

tl;dr: citing a grab advantage on aerial characters is almost trivial.

edit:
da K.I.D said:
this thread needs more sonic mainers...lol
so I definitely wasn't planning this, but rofl we just owned the page.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
you missed the point.

having a CG is nice but it means nothing if your opponent can zone you to death.
the problem is, if it was like D3's CG, like a limit off the stage. wario can CG. and besides, your missing the point. this isnt about their gameplay. MK's gameplay is superior then warios, but wario can CG 0-190. and if given ONE, just ONE opportunity, wario can give MK 190%. tell me how thats not an advantage. at least 6/4

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Shouldn't that means they have an advantage on everyone?

Did You Know That Captain Falcon Has An Infinite Grabrelease On Wario?

Do You Know What The Matchup Is For Falcon Vs Wario?

Do You Think Falcon Has The Advantage?

Also, Ics Have Infinite Chaingrabs On All Characters. They Should Have The Advantage On Everyone.

/caps
/noob
/lolz

----------

tl;dr: citing a grab advantage on aerial characters is almost trivial.

edit:

so I definitely wasn't planning this, but rofl we just owned the page.
sorry for double post

falcon = worst
wario = second top on high.
BIG difference matchup like what 80:20?

on the other hand...

wario = see above
MK = best
not that much of a difference. i would say the matchup is 60:40 MK without the CG. however, with it...4/6, possible 3/7

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
the problem is, if it was like D3's CG, like a limit off the stage. wario can CG. and besides, your missing the point. this isnt about their gameplay. MK's gameplay is superior then warios, but wario can CG 0-190. and if given ONE, just ONE opportunity, wario can give MK 190%. tell me how thats not an advantage. at least 6/4
its not because the same can be said for Falcon vs Wario
IC's vs. Everyone

Gg now shut up and continue lurking...

edit: TIER PLACEMENT DOES NOT FACTOR INTO MATCHUPS!
idiot

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
You're assuming tiers are directly analagous to match-ups. They're not.

Snake is a good ways higher on the tier list than R.O.B., yet R.O.B. is a solid counter to Snake.

And if MetaKnight knows of Wario's infinite chaingrab, he'll do all of his attacking aerially, which he outprioritizes Wario nearly everywhere.

And who's to say Wario won't mess up the chaingrab himself?

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The real problem is grab range.

Yeah, think about that one for a while, and you'll realize why matchups aren't based on grabs when they don't involve D3.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
its not because the same can be said for Falcon vs Wario
IC's vs. Everyone

Gg now shut up and continue lurking...

edit: TIER PLACEMENT DOES NOT FACTOR INTO MATCHUPS!
idiot
tier placement is a huge matchup factor. why would most of the high tier chars have huge advantage over low tiers chars? coincidence? i don think so.

don tell me to shut up when you know im right. ive seen MK get grabbed enough times to think that if just one grab can go to 190%, then wario OBVIOUSLY has the advantage

unless the cg is banned
then warios screwed

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I have a question.

Lets just say meta was banned.

What would happen if somebody choose RANDOM and ended up getting Meta?

would you

a. restart match
b. keep going
c. another option

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
brinboy. Your best course of action right now is to just stop arguing to prevent any further embarassment. You're making me embarassed.

Also, if MK was chosen in Random, just restart. >_>

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
You're basing your argument on information that isn't correct while adamently refusing to believe that other much more reasonable assumptions are not correct.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i will tell you right now that that is not a advantage because....

IT HASNT BEEN PROVEN YET!!!!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
You know what? last post since everyone will end up smacking hima nyway.

tier placement is a huge matchup factor. why would most of the high tier chars have huge advantage over low tiers chars? coincidence? i don think so.
um wrong.
high tier vs low tier=/=huge advantage.

Hight ier character are high tier because holistically they do well against many other characters.
That is what makes them high tier in general.

however the matchups are based on a character vs character basis not
Rob (high tier vs Sonic (low tier)=automatic advantage.

The matchups are only based on an individual basis.

The character is high tier because of the matchups. the characters matchups are not dictated by the character being high tier.

don tell me to shut up when you know im right. ive seen MK get grabbed enough times to think that if just one grab can go to 190%, then wario OBVIOUSLY has the advantage
That is because alot of MK like to jump into the ****.
Hence why Snake was thought to be a soft counter for Snake but look how that changed.
unless the cg is banned
then warios screwed
He's screwed either way since MK zones him to death like marth would.

This is the last time I am addressing you.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

unless the cg is banned
then warios screwed
the order of events

ur doin it wrong

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I have a question.

Lets just say meta was banned.

What would happen if somebody choose RANDOM and ended up getting Meta?

would you

a. restart match
b. keep going
c. another option
the same thing that would happen if you banned a neutral stage and got it on random, just restart.

but that brings up a funny idea, what if we let people play MK but ONLY if they got him on random. that would liven things up huh?

Miller

Smash Lord
*sigh* I guess everyone missed it
I'll say it again, even if the CG works. I'm positive in tournament play, you will only be allowed to do it a certain amount of times (like IC)
There's no reason to ban IC CGs, you know why? Because there's actually ways around it.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
You're basing your argument on information that isn't correct while adamently refusing to believe that other much more reasonable assumptions are not correct.
that isnt correct.....i posted the link on a previous post, that was proof that it probably works, it just hasnt been proven yet. but it PROBABLY WORKS. if it doesnt, well ok whatever. if it does, then wario has advantage over MK. and dont give me BS about MK isnt going to get grabbed, because if he gives just one opening its free 190%. and not sure about this, but isnt only smoe houston tourney the one with 5CG and have to stop?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
Not that the chaingrab works, but assuming that getting the chaingrab will give Wario an advantage.

It's not an advantage if Wario kills MK but is still down a stock.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Has this thread gotten anywhere in 154 pages?
the pro meta ban group has been stomping the anti ban group for the 60 pages that ive been a part of...

its jsut been, person after random scrubby person (including yuna) coming in here and getting their anti ban arguments torn to shreds. and than leaving with their tails between their legs.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Not that the chaingrab works, but assuming that getting the chaingrab will give Wario an advantage.

It's not an advantage if Wario kills MK but is still down a stock.
...i don get it. because MK is too good? you forgot wario is toptier. he isnt falcon. he can actually hold his own against MK, without the CG.

Miller

Smash Lord
Not ban it, like in the HOBO tournaments. You can only use there throws 5 times in row, then you have to let them go (same thing with D3)
Whats the point, it doesn't stop me from going past 5, there is ways you know you bypass it. Also, If wobbling wasn't straight up banned, then these won't either.

the pro meta ban group has been stomping the anti ban group for the 60 pages that ive been a part of...

its jsut been, person after random scrubby person (including yuna) coming in here and getting their anti ban arguments torn to shreds. and than leaving with their tails between their legs.
haha exactly

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
Heres the thing, MK can get out at 112% with a Shuttle loop easy, so its like 0-112% IF IT WORKS. So far testing is being done on Computers, which is not a person, so we don't know if it works or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom