• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LUVTOY77-ROGUE WIREFRAME

Smash Champion
And if we're assuming the highest level of play, that both players know exactly how to fight the opponent...the MK will always win.
Both players won't necessarily know how to fight the opponent unless they've been playing each other for a while--everyone has their own strategies, so that changes it up a bit.

Yeah, MK can exploit your character, but building a good strategy makes it hard for your character to be exploited. MK does have a lot of factors on his side, so when facing him it's best not to let him take the greatest advantage he can against your character. I hope I'm making sense.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
brawl is just...funner without mk. i know that's not a strong argument because it's subjective, but hey, i'm sure i'm not the only person who feels this way. and brawl is already unfun as it is so...yeah. it's not a big deal, but the reason why there is a brawl v melee argument in the first place is because melee is the funner competitive game. mk is just hurting brawl more right now. this could change, but it seems unlikely.

exactly how beatable meta knight is will ALWAYS be up for debate though. he's never going to make it to akuma proportions but he will be very dominant...there's no question there. depends on when the majority of the brawl community gets fed up with it, imo.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Ooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh Waker of Winds, you're so ****ing cute.

"I know how to beat MK in a competitive situation, I just wont tell you how." That's an amazing ****ing argument. You can not pull that **** you ****ing *******, what the hell are you smoking? That's like saying to the public that terrorists have WMD's, but we wont tell you where and how, nor will we show you proof. **** does not work like that, holy ****.

You've stated **** any ****ing moron could say, and have added nothing to the convo. Now knock the hell up and start backing your **** up, or **** off.

Good God the intelligence level of this board can be so **** low at times.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
That's like saying to the public that terrorists have WMD's, but we wont tell you where and how, nor will we show you proof. **** does not work like that, holy ****.
Actually, I'm pretty sure this exact argument is what started the war in Iraq.
So technically...real life does work like that.

Which is...really sad. >_>

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Actually, I'm pretty sure this exact argument is what started the war in Iraq.
So technically...real life does work like that.

Which is...really sad. >_>
Our government's intelligence is on par with Waker of Winds.

BTW, look at how man people agree with Bush and support him for his actions. As you can see, stuff like what he and Waker are doing are unacceptable, and generally nothing more than bs lies.

cman

Smash Ace
Is there an approx. of how much of the SBR is in favor of a MK ban?

GofG

Smash Champion
Overswarm, unless you shoot me an IM RIGHT NOW that tells me not to, I'm gonna go ahead and make a poll. I think getting the numbers would be useful, and right now we can't really tell.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
Yes. Entirely agreed, and it is actually a motivation for me as well, despite not being a measurable quantity. MK is uncompetitive.
glad to see you feel the same way. :) i know mk mains that don't even think PLAYING mk is fun lol. :laugh:

EDIT a poll would be interesting GofG. it'd at least tell us where the community stands, although i'm sure you know nothing else would really come out of the poll.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Overswarm, unless you shoot me an IM RIGHT NOW that tells me not to, I'm gonna go ahead and make a poll. I think getting the numbers would be useful, and right now we can't really tell.
Why do we care? The votes are going to be entirely scrubs voting on MK's banning because they A) Beat their friend's metaknight or B) can't figure out how to avoid the tornado.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
glad to see you feel the same way. :) i know mk mains that don't even think PLAYING mk is fun lol. :laugh:

EDIT a poll would be interesting GofG. it'd at least tell us where the community stands, although i'm sure you know nothing else would really come out of the poll.
Lol, I actually know a few who can't stand him, that's the only reason they picked him up.........sick of having to play him all the time.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
1. I'm not your mom

2. You're not a mod so can't make a poll anyway

GofG

Smash Champion
Why do we care? The votes are going to be entirely scrubs voting on MK's banning because they A) Beat their friend's metaknight or B) can't figure out how to avoid the tornado.
So? If the scrubs win this argument anyway, it doesn't matter; they outweigh intelligent smashers so much that it would become THEIR smash scene, and no longer OUR smash scene.

Sigrid Fiinikkusu

Smash Apprentice
Metaknight doesn't deserve to banned in my opinion. He may be insanely fast and good, but still beatable. It's not like a new player can just pick him up and slay everyone in sight.

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
OS, you worry me

i can't tell if you're ******** with a few genius moments once in a while or a genius with a lot of ******** moments

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Or maybe he just doesn't give a **** because he is in SBR and is one of the people running the ****ing show so he knows he can say w/e the **** he wants in this thread.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, you worry me

i can't tell if you're ******** with a few genius moments once in a while or a genius with a lot of ******** moments
Little of column A, little of column B.

Or maybe he just doesn't give a **** because he is in SBR and is one of the people running the ****ing show so he knows he can say w/e the **** he wants in this thread.
also this made me lawl

Tenki

Smash Hero
Someone's going to like, read the title of the poll thread, mis read it, watch the overwhelming number of 'yes' coming from people who jumped the gun, since there's no "not yet" option, and go to their country's regional smash scene and be like "lol SBR banned Metaknight!"

and it'll be "Italynternet Banned Metaknight!".

Also, for you people with that annoying "meta free" sig that has a picture of a metaknight on it,

fix'd.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Someone's going to like, read the title of the poll thread, mis read it, watch the overwhelming number of 'yes' coming from people who jumped the gun, since there's no "not yet" option, and go to their country's regional smash scene and be like "lol SBR banned Metaknight!"

and it'll be "Italynternet Banned Metaknight!".

Also, for you people with that annoying "meta free" sig that has a picture of a metaknight on it,

fix'd.
The answer is cooking your Yoshi's eggs and then throwing them away because he prefers souls to yoshi spawn.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
I'd like to apologize to the following people for my rudeness earlier:

DRaGZ
JunkInTheTrunk
Justblaze647
Kookie
XienZo
popsofctown
Steel2nd
Praxis

Now, just first things first. Nobody asked me to do this, nobody told me to do this, I didn't have some startling revelation, and I don't really feel bad about anything that was said at all. I really hold true that MK should not be banned, and for some reasons etc. etc. We'll stay away from those for now.

Regardless, my sincere apologies to you all. I would and wouldn't like to see MK banned, for various reasons. But, that's again beside the point. So, yeah. Whatever happens happens. And so we go.

Edit: If I left you out, I'm sorry, but I'm PRETTY sure I got everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom