• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well, what -I- found interesting was to note that some top players who haven't had very vocal opinions one way or the other, still voted. It was interesting to see what side they support. What was of note to me, is that the big names on the not ban side, were already for the most part known to not support a ban, but there were several surprising names showing up on the ban list (some of my state's own top players have surprised me). There are many people I didn't expect to support a ban showing up on the ban list (Example: Edrees). This of course interests me as a TO and a player.

The cumulative data of this poll pales in comparison in importance to the specific data constituted by the important people who are voting. These are the people who actually hold a bit of sway and pull over TOs and the SBR and the tournament community as a whole. These are the people both sides should be keeping an eye on.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
That poll will prove and change nothing.

I would like to see MK banned just due to the fact that there is no reason to main anyone besides him, which is just stupid. There is nothing to get past with MK, cept for his ko power, but that's only if you ****ing suck.

No one has yet to give any real argument as to how removing him would make the game worse, just "GAIZ IT'S TOO SOON"

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
What I find amazing is how even some character mains are split in the middle. Seriously, Us Ikes are split on the issue. What about you other mains?

EDIT: 5 Ikes are for the vote, 3 are against it.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
So far, I've talked to five Peaches about it.

Only one was strongly opposed. The others find fighting multiple MK's in a row frustrating and are greatly hoping for a ban.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Devil's advocate here: the drawback to removing MK before waiting to see if he's a problem that solves himself is that 20-30% or so of players will have to change mains (or quit, and we lose community).

But for me..... like i yell after i trade a spike with an upair "Worth it!"

Master Knight DH

Smash Journeyman
I'm more neutral to banning Meta Knight now. I think the thing about Meta Knight is that when the opponent has a reasonable skill edge, Meta Knight's weight may very well come back to haunt him. Try to learn how his moves work, it served me well against a Meta Knight OL when I was using Pit, trying to make a point about his ^&$*%&@$# arrow spam only for a GD Wario idler to be around. >_>

Still, Meta Knight should be in a lot of trouble when his opponent is at only 7% and he himself is 70%+. He is supposed to be the lightweight sword user, after all. (And just for the record, I didn't get to use arrow spam this round. I did shoot a few arrows, but with Meta Knight being up in my face constantly, it would hardly qualify as arrow spam.) However, I'm for the priority decay I had mentioned before in a future installment if it helps ease people.

If anybody deserves a ban, it's probably G&W for things like his h4x low-kill Down B that kills below 50%. Only reason Meta Knight doesn't have to fear that is because he doesn't have projectiles to throw.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Oh, I know I didn't just see you dissin' The Bucket. You should show The Bucket its proper respect.

Swordplay

Smash Lord
I wonder what would affect the metagame more. Brawl 2.0 or the Metaknight Ban....

I personally think in brawl 1.0 meta is too powerful. But in Brawl 2.0, I can see that people can use Melee AT's to overcome some weaknesses and meta would not be so overpowering. I'm a big fan of the 2.0 movment if you didn't know....

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Devil's advocate here: the drawback to removing MK before waiting to see if he's a problem that solves himself is that 20-30% or so of players will have to change mains (or quit, and we lose community).

Here's the thing. If those players can't change characters and play almost as well/as well as they did while using MK, then did they really deserve how high they were placing in tournaments? I think one of the main reasons why people want MK banned is because not only does he counter the entire cast, but he is very, very easy to use.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
I wonder what would affect the metagame more. Brawl 2.0 or the Metaknight Ban....

I personally think in brawl 1.0 meta is too powerful. But in Brawl 2.0, I can see that people can use Melee AT's to overcome some weaknesses and meta would not be so overpowering. I'm a big fan of the 2.0 movment if you didn't know....
i'm a bigger fan of the 'balance the characters and leave the game as is' movement.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice

And if he's allowed to dominate the tourney scene much longer, there could be even more players lost than that.

XienZo

Smash Lord
There are also people who are getting pissed off at this argument in general; if we wait, its also going to play a factor to people who don't want to play with MK.

@Kookie: You totally stole my random fixed quote. Not that it matters but...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
If my conscience clears it and I don't care about giving my Oli a win, I might go all MK at a tourney on Saturday using my less-than-a-week-old MK.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
There are also people who are getting pissed off at this argument in general; if we wait, its also going to play a factor to people who don't want to play with MK.

@Kookie: You totally stole my random fixed quote. Not that it matters but...
Not entirely. You took my quote, and edited it. :p

If it makes you feel better . . .

you have credit for it now.

XienZo

Smash Lord
Play against Azen and win.

Problem solved. I'll leave it up to you on how to actually do it.

WakerofWinds

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sydrael
3DS FC
4699-5989-8229
Or you can actually learn how to play and train yourself to play the match up. :)
If Azen was a playable character in Super Smash Boards Brawl, he would be banned. You can't learn the matchup, as the matchup goes as follows:

Azen wins.

Simple as that.

Calixto

Smash Apprentice
Or you can actually learn how to play and train yourself to play the match up.

Problem is, you learn the match up, and you learn that it is horrifyingly easy for the MK to play a sloppy match and win, and for you to make one mistake and lose.

Horrifyingly, terribly, gut churningly, skin crawlingly easy for MK to beat your main and convert you to him. I'm fairly certain he is mentioned in the Necronomicon next to Cthulhu and Nyarlthotep.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I think this is how it should be decided if MK should be banned or not:

I say each state has 1 representative and then they each make a social group. The group for that state then decides (in a poll there) if that state should vote to ban him or not ban him, and then the representative will tell the greater community how their state voted, and then the majority of states win, a bit like the election.

What do you guys think of that?

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Like a state. Like all 50 having a group and people from that group vote and then the state rep presents the majority for that state. Regions would have too many people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom