• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official "Should/Will Metaknight be banned?" Thread (LISTEN TO THE SBR PODCAST!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Thanks for posting the exact same thing that someone wrote 3 posts back now you can GTFO.

Thanks
Chillax, the post I made the post made by the other person were also literally made seconds apart.
I just didn't bother to edit my own post when I noticed it had been out-played.

Get off my ****

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
I would summarize the MK pro/con arguments but in three seconds the posts would override it into the next few pages.

I'm sure many other people feel the same way, hence the argument is hardly getting anywhere.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Dudes, just let this thread die already, Brawl is still a bit new so let's just let this sit out for a while, atleast as long as melee.
But the danger in that is that the competitive nature of Brawl may die by the time a decision is made. At least, that's what one of the arguements are.

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
I would summarize the MK pro/con arguments but in three seconds the posts would override it into the next few pages.

I'm sure many other people feel the same way, hence the argument is hardly getting anywhere.
I mean the current topic. I know the argument well enough, I just have no clue what the specific topic for this segment.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You like the challenge? Let me reword that: "I like to lose to MKs because it's difficult."

I'm sorry, I don't like losing because someone has a character advantage regardless of who I use.

Want a real challenge? Play someone better than you.
The implication here is that people who win with MK are worse than those who win with other characters.

That's the most bull**** thing I've ever seen on these forums.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
With all the people who bought the game, trained and all, it's impossible for the nature itself to die.

seriously...
Well, apparently attendance to tournaments is declining now thanks to all of the Meta Knights running around. I guess I can sympathize with them for it.

XienZo

Smash Lord
With all the people who bought the game, trained and all, it's impossible for the nature itself to die.

seriously...
If melee didn't exist, it couldn't die...

but we already have a wonderfully established balanced game. Most of the competitive players have Melee.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
The implication here is that people who win with MK are worse than those who don't.

Meta Knight players are generally worse with other characters, but that's because the feel you have playing and developing as MK main is different from any other character.

It's hard to transition well to secondaries when you have MK, because you do depend on your quickness and aren't as used to mistakes being accounted for by punishments as you would have as say an Ike player.

Therefore I think people assume MK mains are worse players, but there is no way to prove or disprove that, rather you can just say that MK mains got their heads in the MK clouds and aren't down-to-earth with other characters.

But that's a generalization and in no way true to all MK mains.

By the way I think Brawl has a fanbase that just may support it regardless of the base of competitive players who attend. If anything Brawl will stay in the hearts of little tournament organizers for at least a year or two.

Still, I miss melee..........

Salem

Smash Champion
Well, apparently attendance to tournaments is declining now thanks to all of the Meta Knights running around. I guess I can sympathize with them for it.
Who need's those tournament's when you got online ones?

they have less metaknight's so there is really no reason to even bother with such wimpy things as real life tournaments, they're metaknight problem and the banning thing.

salaboB

Smash Champion
The implication here is that people who win with MK are worse than those who win with other characters.

MK players don't need to be good with other characters to win tournaments reliably.

Other people do.

I'm not saying they're worse than other players, just that they have an advantage that maining no other character in the game can provide.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac

they have less metaknight's so there is really no reason to even bother with such wimpy things as real life tournaments, they're metaknight problem and the banning thing.
You got things backwards. Real life tournaments are WIMPY?

Oh jeez, someone needs a slap.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Meta Knight players are generally worse with other characters, but that's because the feel you have playing and developing as MK main is different from any other character.

It's hard to transition well to secondaries when you have MK, because you do depend on your quickness and aren't as used to mistakes being accounted for by punishments as you would have as say an Ike player.

Therefore I think people assume MK mains are worse players, but there is no way to prove or disprove that, rather you can just say that MK mains got their heads in the MK clouds and aren't down-to-earth with other characters.

But that's a generalization and in no way true to all MK mains.
You know, that can be said about most people who are single-char mains.

Regardless of what people might think about me when I'm playing around with other chars, I'm a POS with every character except my main. My secondaries will NEVER compare to it. My mindset is tuned to look for things that I can punish with my main, and etc.

So yeah, that generalization is pretty bad to tack onto MK mains. More like bad players.

Like me.

Salem

Smash Champion
You got things backwards. Real life tournaments are WIMPY?

Oh jeez, someone needs a slap.
I just added the part wimpy becuase I felt like it, it's not exactly to mean anything, it is simply a word I used.

Sorry okay?

also... I rather go to online tournaments so I can save gas money, and to save the world from global whatever.

Kookie

Smash Apprentice

Online tournaments are nothing in comparison to the Real life ones.

Whether it be in excitement, or dare I say it, in skill. But I guess the latter is arguable.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
You know, that can be said about most people who are single-char mains.

Regardless of what people might think about me when I'm playing around with other chars, I'm a POS with every character except my main. My secondaries will NEVER compare to it. My mindset is tuned to look for things that I can punish with my main, and etc.

So yeah, that generalization is pretty bad to tack onto MK mains. More like bad players.

Like me.
Well I always feel like I lose my head for about 10 minutes after using Meta Knight seriously. It's like I have too much speed and up-b in my head to pay attention to anything fallible.

and yay I just got a temporary sig !

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
Well I always feel like I lose my head for about 10 minutes after using Meta Knight seriously. It's like I have too much speed and up-b in my head to pay attention to anything fallible.

It seems like it's so serious that it's funny.

Tenki

Smash Hero

As the pilot, you shouldn't let yourself get conquered by the steak.

RIP toji.

but seriously, I get the same thing when I don't play my main.

so it's still a bad argument D;

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
As the pilot, you shouldn't let yourself get conquered by the steak.

RIP toji.

but seriously, I get the same thing when I don't play my main.

so it's still a bad argument D;
I'm sorry, but all of the steak references in there keep throwing me off because I'm hungry, and I don't have any food right now.

Entering sad mode, now.

yuqumalekingin

Smash Rookie
I agree with many of the power of mk.
this character is quite unbalanced with respect to the other characters in the game.
the truth must be realistic in the Ãs game mk rather it is required to naïve banner to this character for the tournament or if you do not always win a mk.
I feel sad to see how people recognized smash, for the sake of winning a tournament is asked to mk; and baneemos to this character by q is god in the game, also gives a shame to see as another character strives to bring mk him and a win.

example
arriving two children of the same age and same capacity of razonament please let's suppose, a child of color who choose not to know and see that there are many who are excited and decides to ask for military because is the largest has gaze looks murderer and strong and choose to .... Snake and the white child is as innocent and smiling a little shy but is accurate and uy said that character is good as I like its shape is oval and choose metaknight and never in their lives whores who have played smash Brawl is going to believe q win .... was not for my is obvious in the bottom of the soul will know who won.

please let us be realistic.

1) Forgive me ignorance but who is in charge of saying that MK can not be used in the tournament for their great advantage against other opponents?

forgive me for writing'm Colombian, and in colombia level in Brawl smash this highly evolved, not like in Melee as we started to play in 2007. hurt :)

While also playing with MK is the most fair ..... that banner

Tenki

Smash Hero
this character is quite unbalanced with respect to the other characters in the game.
the truth must be realistic in the Ãs game mk rather it is required to naïve banner to this character for the tournament or if you do not always win a mk.
I feel sad to see how people recognized smash, for the sake of winning a tournament is asked to mk; and baneemos to this character by q is god in the game, also gives a shame to see as another character strives to bring mk him and a win.

example
arriving two children of the same age and same capacity of razonament please let's suppose, a child of color who choose not to know and see that there are many who are excited and decides to ask for military because is the largest has gaze looks murderer and strong and choose to .... Snake and the white child is as innocent and smiling a little shy but is accurate and uy said that character is good as I like its shape is oval and choose metaknight and never in their lives whores who have played smash Brawl is going to believe q win .... was not for my is obvious in the bottom of the soul will know who won.

1) Forgive me ignorance but who is in charge of saying that MK can not be used in the tournament for their great advantage against other opponents?

forgive me for writing'm Colombian, and in colombia level in Brawl smash this highly evolved, not like in Melee as we started to play in 2007. hurt :)

it might be better to just post it and ask for someone else to translate.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac

example

My head hurts. But I think you are for banning MK?

Kookie

Smash Apprentice

example

God . . . the horror . . .

THE HORROR!

But kudos for trying.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

He didn't say that. At all.

Anyways, random dtilt frame data:
hits on frame 3
total frames: 15
shieldlag: 6 (not sure if I got this term right. It's when both characters are "frozen")
shieldstun: 1 (thank goodness for brawl shieldstun lol)
raw advantage: -11

What this means is that you have 11 frames to do whatever while mk is still doing his dtilt. It takes seven frames to drop your shield, which would leave you with 4 frames to close the distance and punish mk...... yeah, that isn't going to happen. Shield grabbing is an option as always if they screw up the spacing. Jumping oos is an option. It takes 4-5 frames to get off the ground, and by the time mk is back in neutral position you'll have been in the air for 6-7 frames. You won't be that high in the air at that point (depends on character) and considering that you're facing off against mk this will probably put you in a bad situation. Rolling away seems like the best thing to do here and is very doable. Though I wonder if mk would be fast enough to punish some of the slower rollers....

P.S. mk's dtilt shows why you should practice dropping your shield as fast as possible ;)

Also for kicks Marth's dtilt:
hits on frame 7
total frames: 21

Browny

Smash Hater
well your analogy is very difficult to understand, but the question is easy enough

1) Whoever host the tournament makes the decision

Kookie

Smash Apprentice
I'm curious as to what MLG will do about Meta Knight, if anything, whenever Brawl hits the Pro Circuit. If it does.

kr3wman

Smash Master
I'm curious as to what MLG will do about Meta Knight, if anything, whenever Brawl hits the Pro Circuit. If it does.
It probably will...

I just wish they would bring back Melee... Or even Smash 64. Altho that I'm sure would probably never happen.

Tenki

Smash Hero
I interneted his post.

I agree with alot of people who said MK is pretty strong.
He's pretty imbalanced with respect to the other characters in the game.
Be realistic about this game - you'd be naive to ban this character in the tournaments or you won't win if you don't use MK.
I feel sad to see how people see smash, that you "HAVE to be MK to win a tournament"; "let's ban this godly character in the game", and it's shameful to watch a player have to switch characters to MK to get a win

example
Let's have 2 kids with the same skill power level. And let's suppose a colored kid, who doesn't know who to choose and sees alot of excited people and decides to ask for a military guy because the guy has a look of a murderer and looks really strong and chooses... Snake, and the white kid is all innocent like and has a cute shy smile, and he looks around and says "hey, that character looks good, since it's oval lolz" and chooses Metaknight. They've never in their lives played Brawl - who do you believe would win... it's obvious in the bottom of your soul who would win.

Yo, keep it real.
1) whu the **** is in charge and wants to ban ma homie MK bc he haz an advantage over every1?

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh, wait.

Good ****.

Marth's d-tilt is actually a better frame trap.

It gives Marth -7 I think. Either that or -8.

Sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom