• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Well, for clarifications sake, there is a sect of the pokemon community where Garchomp, Wobuffet, Deoxys-Speed and Sky Shaymin are all legal. (This sect is also incredibly boring to play in). I believe Amazing Ampharos and Colin run the server for that on Shoddy.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
6 Wobbufett's would be an awesome team.

They are a bore to EV train though.

Wobbufett was the first pokemon I ever EV trained. I nearly cried.

Also, I can't wait to listen to this. How long did it go?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I...I feel very sorry for you vyse.

Though species clause is still a standard in all communities so 6 wobbufetts won't be happening lol

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It'd be fun for a laugh though.

I love going on Pokemon Battle Revolution and doing stuff like that to mess with people. Taking down Shiny Darkrai teams with Level 1 FEAR Ratattas.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
btw Umbreon:

Yachechomp vs. Specmence - which one's more useful as a sweep tool in the current metagame?
LOL, obviously Yachechomp!

Well, for clarifications sake, there is a sect of the pokemon community where Garchomp, Wobuffet, Deoxys-Speed and Sky Shaymin are all legal. (This sect is also incredibly boring to play in). I believe Amazing Ampharos and Colin run the server for that on Shoddy.
WTF, Shoddy has D/P now?

6 Wobbufett's would be an awesome team.

They are a bore to EV train though.

Wobbufett was the first pokemon I ever EV trained. I nearly cried.

Also, I can't wait to listen to this. How long did it go?
6 Wobbufett's? Why not just 6 Darkrai if you're not playing with clauses?:p

Seriously:

Kyogre, Deoxys-A, Giratina, Latias, Palkia, Darkrai FTW.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Hold up, Garchomp is banned? Holy heck, I've been out of the competitive scene for a while... I had no idea...

Anyways, I can't wait to re-listen to this, as my internet sucks and kept going in and out through most of it. I had fun in the chat, though. :)

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
OK, I completely missed this (Of course <_<). Where can I go to listen to it now?

(I have no experience using podcasts, by the way. I don't even have an iPod. XD)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I wish i had access to this. theres nothing like waking up to a hot fresh plate of pop tarts with a glass of milk and SMYN. but my sister wants to be a B***H and not let me hold her F**KING laptop! so i cant do that.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Great job tonight guys! All of you presented your points clearly and elegantly.
I was leaning more towards one side and now I definitely know where I stand in this MK pro-ban, anti-ban debate.

D

Deleted member

btw Umbreon:

Yachechomp vs. Specmence - which one's more useful as a sweep tool in the current metagame?
tbh I think they're about equal. Personally, I prefer jolly Scarfchomp over Yachechomp and MixMence over Specsmence, and I play both on my team.

edit:

Best point made all night: "Who wants to play dittos?......seriously....."

xD

so epic hahaha.
:p
I didn't say this, maybe you thought I was someone else. I was the guy who spent all 3 hours debating with facts and swearing, so if you heard something that was neither, it wasn't me.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Best point made all night: "Who wants to play dittos?......seriously....."

xD

so epic hahaha.
:p
There were so many great quotes.

"The tornado...has no priority"

"Metaknight's dtilt has the same range as Peach's dtilt!" (that one had me ROFL'ing)

"who wants to play dittos?"

D

Deleted member

There were so many great quotes.

"The tornado...has no priority"

"Metaknight's dtilt has the same range as Peach's dtilt!" (that one had me ROFL'ing)

"who wants to play dittos?"
All of your quotes are out of context and make us sound ********. For someone who posts so much, you seem to know very little.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I would like to point out I think Praxis just wanted to list some quotes that were funny and wasn't trying to make anyone look stupid. Umbreon is being a little overly defensive right now....then again Umbreon is a defensive tank....hmm.....

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
All of your quotes are out of context and make us sound ********. For someone who posts so much, you seem to know very little.
A) I didn't list who posted what, which means you're being way too defensive.

B) Most of those quotes sounded really stupid in-context. Since your forcing me to defend myself, I'll have to list the context too.

It actually was stated that the tornado has no priority. Granted the context was "from above", but it is still really funny sounding xD Yes, that one is out of context, but it was stuff really funny. :D

AZ actually did try comparing MK's dtilt to Peach's, which is hilarious considering that the startup time on Peach's dtilt is so bad that you have to use it predictively and it can never be used defensively like MK's (which is far, far faster). It might be the slowest dtilt in the game- I can't think of one that comes out slower. Overswarm was arguing that MK has an option for every situation, and pointed out the range on his dtilt, and the response was to point out that Peach's had similar range- but Peach's likely has over five times the startup time, which is why the comparison is so terrible. It's a far, far better option for MK.

"Who wants to play dittos" was a terrible response. AZ's stated that:
A) Diddy has the best matchup vs MK in his view
B) It's neutral
C) People will learn a secondary character to fight MK

Overswarm's answer was essentially, "Can you give me one good reason why I should pick up and learn a character like Diddy, with all his complexities, just so I can have an even matchup, when I can just pick up MK with much less effort and have that same even matchup?"

To which the response was "Nobody likes dittos", a completely uncompetitive, emotional response. Really, really funny.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
It will be a few hours, but the file is in the process of being finalized. Actual debate was two hours, and we're adding our informal discussion of the tier list (around a half hour long) as an easter egg. Assuming that I can get in contact with the right people to upload the file to the right servers, the file should ideally be available for download later today.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
YAY!

My headphones broke today so I have to buy new ones before I can listen to it... T_T

Well before I can listen to it at work anyway. I have an easier time following SMYN when I'm working for some reason. Probably because I have incentive to NOT pay attention to my work. ^_^

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Every person who wants it banned is from a region that Sucks.

Let's start with OS. Midwest. Midwest is ***** by a Pikachu. Ban Metaknight, amirite?

Next: West Coast. Sk92, DSF, Chip. ****. Falco, Snake, TL? META IS BROKEN.

East Coast: M2K, Chillin, Azen, Greg. OMG WAIT. M2K PLAYS META. BAAAANNNNNNNNNNN

Noobs can pick up metaknight and spam the upB. Hooray they get to round two versus kind of okay luigi player, but only cause he doesn't know any ****ing match ups. Ban time. But wait, when those same noobs pick the character, and go against Chillin's Snake, they lose? Ipso facto, ban Snake too.

But wait!!! Azen's Lucario has beaten Chillin? Ban Lucario.

Lucario is Fighting/Steel type. Steel is weak against Fighting, Fire and Ground. Fighting is weak against Flying and Psychic. So we need to ban Charizard, Mewtwo, and probably Falcon.

We're going good, guys. It'll be all too soon until we're the Soul Calibur community.

No items. Fox Only. Final Destination.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Er.... Did you just say West coast and EC, specifically MD/VA, sucks?

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Next: West Coast. Sk92, DSF, Chip. ****. Falco, Snake, TL? META IS BROKEN.
DSF plays MK, and SK92 and Chip can't beat DSF.

East Coast: M2K, Chillin, Azen, Greg. OMG WAIT. M2K PLAYS META. BAAAANNNNNNNNNNN

Noobs can pick up metaknight and spam the upB. Hooray they get to round two versus kind of okay luigi player, but only cause he doesn't know any ****ing match ups. Ban time. But wait, when those same noobs pick the character, and go against Chillin's Snake, they lose? Ipso facto, ban Snake too.

But wait!!! Azen's Lucario has beaten Chillin? Ban Lucario.

Lucario is Fighting/Steel type. Steel is weak against Fighting, Fire and Ground. Fighting is weak against Flying and Psychic. So we need to ban Charizard, Mewtwo, and probably Falcon.

We're going good, guys. It'll be all too soon until we're the Soul Calibur community.

No items. Fox Only. Final Destination.
The rest of this post is so idiotic there's really no rebuttal needed. You seem to think that everyone in the pro-ban camp is simply johning about not being able to beat MK, which is just stupid. Heck, Overswarm MAINS MK, and Edrees has taken on a lot of the best.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
DSF plays MK, and SK92 and Chip can't beat DSF.

The rest of this post is so idiotic there's really no rebuttal needed. You seem to think that everyone in the pro-ban camp is simply johning about not being able to beat MK, which is just stupid. Heck, Overswarm MAINS MK, and Edrees has taken on a lot of the best.
Overswarm only mains MK to get him banned. ^_^

I heard you took up that ideal as well?

Nice to see you guys are actually DOING something about what you believe in instead of sitting on message boards theorizing.

D

Deleted member

half the people here didn't listen to the podcast. most people don't know what they're talking about at all, so this doesn't really surprise me.

Top Bottom