• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Podcast! (Ep. 4 - DL OUT!)

OK'Ssuka?

Smash Cadet
Really, it seems that "The SBR Podcast" would be the safest bet, considering that it is direct and to the point as well as involving members of the SBR.

Of course, there are other names such as
"Smashanschauung"
Anschauung - being a German word for "view" or "outlook"
"Let's Talk...Like Gentlemen..."
Heh heh heh Dudley reference...
"Smashlete Time"
Like Athlete and Smash mixed together...whatever...
"SmashPoint"
"Stop! Smasher Time..."
Cue "Can't Touch (or Smash) This!"
"SmashBound"
OK...now I'm letting the Ness fanaticism get to me...
"Smasher Crossing"
Ugh...now I am reaaally reaching
"Smash Tales"
Gyros, Chain Grabs, Aerial Gaaame, It's a Smash Blur...

Eh...I think SBR Podcast works for the time being...in any case, good luck.

[Edit]

I've finally lost it...

"Smash Side Story"
Lost a game-o to a 'nado? No johns, boy...
"The Sound of Smashing"
The hills are alive, with the sound of Smash-ing
"Not the Nine O'Clock Smash"
Never saw the British Comedy, but eh...
"Game. Set. Smaaaash!"
"iSmash"
Considering this IS a Podcast and all...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This debate sounds like it will be handled better then the Pres. debates...it will check and correct anything that they say that isn't true.

Julz

Smash Apprentice
How about... "Behind the smash"?

Meh.

I can't wait for the podcast. I want to know what points the SBR have touched on that the Brawl Tactical discussion hasn't.

RedPeppers

Smash Ace
How about... "Behind the smash"?

Meh.

I can't wait for the podcast. I want to know what points the SBR have touched on that the Brawl Tactical discussion hasn't.
"Hockey Night in Canada" reference lately?

I think we should have someone else from the SBR play the neutral in this debate. I know Panda will be pretty good at it, but aren't his views on MK rather outspoken?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
omg an audio debate of overswarm vs mow? this is gonne be amazing
I know, I'm excited too! :D

Mow is very intelligent and is going to be able to say things on the fly that have substance for sure. It will definitely be fun. I'm sure Edrees and AZ will have good things as well, but I'm particularly interested in Mow's direction. :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Even if stickam lags, its ok. Ya'll can download the podcast after the live stream, anyways.

I think we should have someone else from the SBR play the neutral in this debate. I know Panda will be pretty good at it, but aren't his views on MK rather outspoken?
Outspoken? If you check the polls, you'll see that I haven't voted. I've been exposed to every argument both in the public and in the SBR, yet I haven't made a decision either way. So by having them try to convince me, I hope we'll get some original and new arguments instead of the same old stuff.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Even if stickam lags, its ok. Ya'll can download the podcast after the live stream, anyways.
That's my plan.

SamuraiPanda said:
Outspoken? If you check the polls, you'll see that I haven't voted. I've been exposed to every argument both in the public and in the SBR, yet I haven't made a decision either way. So by having them try to convince me, I hope we'll get some original and new arguments instead of the same old stuff.
Agreed.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Ironic how this is coming up right before the presidential election in America.

I'm definitely looking forward to this. While I know much about the character, and his relationship about other characters, I'll get to hear about foreign players and play, which will be educational, because I never really get to leave NJ.

Helkulkhamen

Smash Cadet
For an official name, I vote for:

The Smashbros Smashcast

The Pros:
It's simple.
It tells potential viewers what game series you're talking about just by the title.
It doesn't specify any particular game in the series, leaving potential room for discussion of the others (as well as future games).
"Smashcast" sounds less generic than "Podcast", while still keeping with the Smash theme.
Title doesn't specify any particular website, thus encouraging communities between other Smash websites.
"The" implies that there is only one, emphasizing the uniqueness and special-ness of this podcast among others.
If Nintendo made a podcast about Smash, this is probably what they would call it themselves. We should take that name!
"Smashbros" and "Smashcast" have assonance(?) with each other.
It's simple.

The Cons:
"Hey! It's not an incredibly witty title that will tickle me every time I read it for years on end! It sucks!"

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Awesome :)
Tomorrow we get to see a heated debate that forever may shape the future of competitive play in Brawl, as banning MK IS a big deal.

Darkurai

Smash Master
A name I thought of was Backroom Brawl.
But that'd be abbreviated as "BRB".

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
AH, I put .com instead of .net

Try the link again - I edited it.

wangston

Smash Lord
Good thing no one read that before I edited it.

- Pro-Ban (scheduled): Overswarm, EdreesesPieces
- Non-Ban (scheduled): UmbreonMow, AlphaZealot

are the panelist. To bad m2k isn't on there.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Can't wait for the episode to go on. I'd really like to hear both sides.

Oh, for the smash name, how about. V.I.S. podcast

Very
Intellegent
Smashers

Probably not the catchiest thing, but this does represent the type of smashers that's in the SBR

EDIT: Hey Youko, what's the info about the other podcast? The one that talks about general gaming.

metalmonstar

Smash Lord
Bravenet has let you down. It is a shame that the chat is down. I hope this goes smoothly. Good luck.

Top Bottom