• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Umby

Smash Master
Whats wrong? Sonic has mid tier results (C)

So why not?
I was talking about his post being SWF filtered.

But actually I'm one of the only Sonics who doesn't care about the hype people want for Sonic to be mid tier. I'm more concerned about peoples' prejudice and misunderstandings about his abilities.

Tenki

Smash Hero
But actually I'm one of the only Sonics who doesn't care about the hype people want for Sonic to be mid tier. I'm more concerned about peoples' prejudice and misunderstandings about his abilities.
I think alot of Sonic mains dropped the whole "BAWW SONIC SHUD B MID TIER THING!" and started focusing more on misunderstandings about his abilities. At least, the focus really jumped on that after the WCD failure lol.

Seriously, even Boxob posted seriously. And you know something's up when that happens.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Vids or it didn't happen.
Seeing as the thread is locked and he can't edit it:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=5756687
****, you guys are ignorant on Sonic.

Playing Lucky's Sonic'll teach you nothing of his potential.

Sonic isn't completely dependent on punishment, he's just beast at it. It'll sound silly, but Sonic's greatest strength is his ability to 'combo' - follow up and rack up damage in tangent with his other attacks. Tied with this is without a doubt in any good Sonic player's mind, his gimping ability.

If you want to play a good Sonic players that I know for a fact know how to play, I'd suggest either me, Tenki, puffball64?, _x_.

Between the above listed is a myriad of different effective play styles. Some of which may shock you with the effectiveness of the utilization of ALL of Sonic attacks and strengths.

That is all for now.

:093:
Like seriously, I thought he got hacked or something, until I saw the Haunter.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
I see peach moving up, I don't think they were taking their time when they placed her.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Honestly her lack of kill moves is also a culprit. I swear, I can't kill under 120% with her. :( Excluding dair spikes of course.
You have to become creative with Samus in order to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEQZrT-MpI&feature=channel

But, gimping and spiking is a way for her to kill.

You dont see too many MK's killing with Fsmash or up smash, its all Shuttle Loop and Dsmash...

soo...

I really dont see a problem. people just dont know how to improvise.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i think it's just whenever they decide it's evolved enough for an update.

p.s. toad avatar is lovely lol

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
You have to become creative with Samus in order to kill.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFEQZrT-MpI&feature=channel

But, gimping and spiking is a way for her to kill.

You dont see too many MK's killing with Fsmash or up smash, its all Shuttle Loop and Dsmash...

soo...

I really dont see a problem. people just dont know how to improvise.
QFT... Samus has multiple damage racking move... so take into account move deterioration... and try not to spam her actual kill moves (d-tilt, f-smash, b-air, etc).

New Captain Falcon

Smash Rookie
Capt Falcon is way better than ganondorf and link, and don´t tell me about snake i can beat the **** out of him easily

CHANGE THE **** TIER LIST

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Capt Falcon is way better than ganondorf and link, and don´t tell me about snake i can beat the **** out of him easily

CHANGE THE **** TIER LIST
Ganondorf counters Captain Falcon (blame dtilt because a safe poking move combined with all of Captain Falcon's approaches being punishable is what defines the match-up) and I'm pretty sure Link does as well.

What exactly does Captain Falcon counter?

And the only reason you've been winning against Snakes is because either you've never met one at your level, or you're both at the level where Snake's game consists of f-smash spam.

Captain Falcon is the worst in the game, unless you find something that drastically changes his attributes you'll just have to deal with it. It doesn't help anyone to pretend he's better then he is, least of all Falcon players.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Ganondorf counters Captain Falcon (blame dtilt because a safe poking move combined with all of Captain Falcon's approaches being punishable is what defines the match-up) and I'm pretty sure Link does as well.

What exactly does Captain Falcon counter?

And the only reason you've been winning against Snakes is because either you've never met one at your level, or you're both at the level where Snake's game consists of f-smash spam.

Captain Falcon is the worst in the game, unless you find something that drastically changes his attributes you'll just have to deal with it. It doesn't help anyone to pretend he's better then he is, least of all Falcon players.
Ganons >B is > Falcons >B.

CF Counters Sonic... If thats worth anything.

CF has a complicated play style don't judge because of what a tier list says beyond your own play style. If you arn't trying to use him effectively, you really have no room to say who sucks and who doesn't.

But above of what you said, as Umby Ninjaly pointed out, -Points at the sign as well-

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I think Falcon should be way above Samus... He has more killing moves, better air game, can rack up percent quicker, is quicker in general (with the exception of lag time on moves, I mean moves quicker). Samus really just has a quick Fsmash and projectiles. Actually, that's a tricky one.... I suppose Link is also above Falcon because he has projectiles?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ganons >B is > Falcons >B.

CF Counters Sonic... If thats worth anything.

CF has a complicated play style don't judge because of what a tier list says beyond your own play style. If you arn't trying to use him effectively, you really have no room to say who sucks and who doesn't.

But above of what you said, as Umby Ninjaly pointed out, -Points at the sign as well-
I know a bit about Falcon's playstyle, so I'm not judging based on the tier list, I'm judging based on priority, frame data, options, range etc. These are things you can't change and do define match-ups reliably.

Personally, I think Falcon should be way above Samus... He has more killing moves, better air game, can rack up percent quicker, is quicker in general (with the exception of lag time on moves, I mean moves quicker). Samus really just has a quick Fsmash and projectiles. Actually, that's a tricky one.... I suppose Link is also above Falcon because he has projectiles?
Samus can actually force approaches. Captain Falcon just has to sort of hope they do, and since his approaches are punishable, not good times.

TofuToph

Smash Journeyman
I mean I play Falcons at tournaments and can get places in Ann Arbor tournaments fighting GOOD people, including Anther and Panda...and to be honest, at that level, it's all about knowing your character, knowing theirs...then mindgame - > punishing. Run around, short hop do a lot of crazy stuff and have fun. Falcon has no advantages over pretty much anyone, hence bottom tier, and as much as people want him to move up I don't know if he will anytime soon. But I hope I'm the one to do it!
P.S. - I love you Captain Falcon.

Blad01

Smash Lord
Adumbrodeus > The Falcon vs Ganon match-up is pretty hard to discuss.

He may be a soft counter to Falcon (what i'm not really sure of...), but you can't rely on DTilt only... Falcon is going to be a lot in the airs, and if Ganon is shielding / Stopdodging, he's screwed... Once Falcon is close enough and force him to go in the airs, he can easily destroy Ganon, trust me.
And Falcon doesn't have to approach especially, but he should anyways.

But anyways, Falcon won't ever be higher than Ganondorf on the Tier List, sorry Tofu :p

Sadly I must agree with Captain Falcons tier placement, but if it makes you other CF players feel better, just be happy that you are more dependent on your skills, rather than you characters skills. You must be a master in order to play and win with the Captain.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
You guys are silly. Falcon above Ganondorf? That's still way too low.

Falcon above Meta Knight. Then we'll be really talkin'!

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Well, falcon has little to no advantageous matchups.
While ganon has better matchups than falcon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom