• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Lucas: Bad approaches, gimpable recovery, a lot of punishable moves, grab game is pretty bad.
bad approaches: PK fire is amazing for approach, SHPK fire is annoying as hell. gimpable recovery, yea. some of his moves are punishable, but some of them are totally safe (lol dtilt). his grab game is highrisk/highreward. if he can actually GET the grab, its really good, but if he misses, hes screwed lol:laugh:

gantrain05

Smash Master
bad approaches: PK fire is amazing for approach, SHPK fire is annoying as hell. gimpable recovery, yea. some of his moves are punishable, but some of them are totally safe (lol dtilt). his grab game is highrisk/highreward. if he can actually GET the grab, its really good, but if he misses, hes screwed lol:laugh:
PK fire is not an approach......its a spacing tool....he still has no approaches. and his grab game isn't bad really, his pivot grab is just about as fast/long ranged as yoshis, except his throws are much better imo.

D

Deleted member

his pivot grab is much worse than yoshis:
Yoshis has slightly longer range,
YOSHIS PIVOT GRAB LASTS MOST OF THE ANIMATION! That is the main thing, lucas' doesnt last.
Lucas' has more post lag, and is more punishable in general.

=P

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Yeah, there is just no contest between Yoshi and Lucas' grabs. Yoshi's pivot grab simply destroys Lucas'.

OLIMAR, on the other hand...

greenflame88

Smash Cadet
Haha. I main Lucas, but I don't approach, I get approached and counter or w/e. Yes, Lucas is screwed if his grabs miss, but are deadly when they connect. And yes, there may be some moves that are EASILY Punishable, but if you play someone with good enough Lucas skills, those punishable moves usually connect. =P

XD

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
It totally means you're in no position to talk about other characters being too easy to use, silly. :laugh:
not true...GnW and D3 were both my secondaries before so i know them. so by that reasoning, im assuming charizard is the only character youre entitled to talk about, therefore your statement that D3 isn't one of the easiest to use holds no value.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Way to make my point fly WAY over your head, dude.

(And I don't main Charizard/PT, by the way. :laugh:)

Barge

All I want is a custom title
If theres any uses to pivot walking found, I could see a lot of characters going up, like luigi/fox/marth.
I don't really see anything being discovered from pivot walking though. But it is easier to surprise your opponent with a shield grab/fsmash. Lulz.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I said exactly what I meant, just as I always do. If there was any subtext at all, I didn't make any effort whatsoever to hide it.

Barge

would you not agree GnW is easier? o_o

and @Sir Orion
then i don't see how just because i main falco i am somehow "ineligible" to say another character is easy to use.
Easiest: GnW, Metaknight, Falco
IMO at least

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Barge just gave you an INCREDIBLY obvious clue as to what I've been saying this whole time in the previous post, Black.

And he flat-out TOLD you before that.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Barge just gave you an INCREDIBLY obvious clue as to what I've been saying this whole time in the previous post, Black.

And he flat-out TOLD you before that.
lolwut? seriously, i don't get it.
all he said was that falco is easy to use (which i agree with by the way) but i said that GnW was easier imo.
and i never said, "D3 is the easiest" if you go back and look at my post. "one of the easiest" was what i said.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Don't worry about it. It's all good. I'll admit that I was deliberately being somewhat obtuse about it, heh.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Lucas's Pivot Grab is good, but as Burnt explained, It's just much harder to use in general.

Still much better than his other grabs though.

Ravin

Smash Lord
<.< Samus should be getting higher on the list, the only reason she isnt is her inability to escape D3's grab.

I mean... Seriously, Wolf can be CG'd 0- Death by a Falco. But hes close to mid highish?

and Sir O got a few good sights on my Samus at the tounry we went to. I attracted a good crowd or more.

Also Tether = too good.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I should have shown you some of my Yoshi, but I only wanted to play random. *Shrug*

I'm still disappointed with how I did, though. One of my worst outings ever.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I only played him like twice. I'm surprised you saw at all. I'm also incredibly disappointed.

Ravin

Smash Lord
There is always next time... I think i placed top ten, being in tenth, i didnt bother asking after that *** ****** Digity handed me... XD
Nice DDR skillz btw.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Last CCCT I attended (the one in Thornton), I placed 3rd in Teams (with a total stranger :laugh:) and... I think top 16 in Singles. Still not great, but one heck of a lot better than this time around. I had a close 2-1 set with that Peach player (****ing Luigi's Mansion), but that second match creamed me, sadly.

(Incidentally, why am I always up against someone that's got a cheer squad with them? :mad:)

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I do have to say that, to an extent, ddd is an easy enough charater to use effectivly. However, his air game is difficult (namely fair and hitting with uair last hit) to master. He is more difficult to use than people give him credit.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Last CCCT I attended (the one in Thornton), I placed 3rd in Teams (with a total stranger :laugh:) and... I think top 16 in Singles. Still not great, but one heck of a lot better than this time around. I had a close 2-1 set with that Peach player (****ing Luigi's Mansion), but that second match creamed me, sadly.

(Incidentally, why am I always up against someone that's got a cheer squad with them? :mad:)
What I love is cheer squads for scrubs. When you **** the scrub the cheer squad starts johning to hell.

Barge

<.< Samus should be getting higher on the list, the only reason she isnt is her inability to escape D3's grab.

I mean... Seriously, Wolf can be CG'd 0- Death by a Falco. But hes close to mid highish?

and Sir O got a few good sights on my Samus at the tounry we went to. I attracted a good crowd or more.

Also Tether = too good.
Honestly her lack of kill moves is also a culprit. I swear, I can't kill under 120% with her. :( Excluding dair spikes of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom