• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
There is no legit reason why Mario should be mid tier, it's just uber fanboyness coming through lol.
He's got the potential of a bottom-mid tier yeah, but no one's taking him there. His tourney results have been poor in comparison to the rest of the cast, and his match-ups are average, but he gets picked apart by some of the more popular (read as 'good') characters who show loads in tournies.
I agree with you if you're going off tourney results alone but his match-ups aren't really even finished yet; Mario's got a lot of potential with his unique gimping abilities and good on-stage game.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
What does Sonic have that Ness and Mario don't?
I think the point that ROOOY! is trying to make is that Sonic's tournament results(according to the Character Rankings List) are fairly good. He pretty much floats around the C Rank, drifting from 16-18, with the occasional higher rise or drop. Mario and Ness barely ever break out of E Rank. Mario and Ness aren't be represented enough, whereas Sonic is just being overlooked because he's Sonic and lolnopriorityloldtiltlol.

EDIT: Both the Mario and Sonic boards agreed that the match up is 55-45 Mario's advantage. But that's practically neutral.

:093:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think the point that ROOOY! is trying to make is that Sonic's tournament results(according to the Character Rankings List) are fairly good. He pretty much floats around the C Rank, drifting from 16-18, with the occasional higher rise or drop. Mario and Ness barely ever break out of E Rank. Mario and Ness aren't be represented enough, whereas Sonic is just being overlooked because he's Sonic and lolnopriorityloldtiltlol.

EDIT: Both the Mario and Sonic boards agreed that the match up is 55-45 Mario's advantage. But that's practically neutral.

Yeah...

Ness will leave E tier when time is right. He will emigrate with Mario (if he gets his passport cough D3 infinite banned cough)

Into C tier.

Yah Sonic is best now out of the oddball trio. But Ness and Mario will rise.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah...

Ness will leave E tier when time is right. He will emigrate with Mario (if he gets his passport cough D3 infinite banned cough)

Into C tier.
He has to get to D Rank first.
I'm pulling for Ness really. He's the closest thing I have to a secondary. I love the lil' guy.
(Definitely should be higher than Lucas...)
<3
As for Mario, I feel he's under looked, but the only person I really know that represents him is Boss. Besides Boss, I haven't seen, nor heard of Mario in tournaments. If I'm misinformed, maybe someone can correct me on this?

viparagon

Smash Ace
Yeah...

Into C tier.

Yah Sonic is best now out of the oddball trio. But Ness and Mario will rise.
what exactly makes mario, sonic, and ness the oddball trio?:confused:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
what exactly makes mario, sonic, and ness the oddball trio?:confused:
I'unno, usually whenever there's a debate about which character(s) is(are) breaking out of low tier, it's one of those. Sometimes Yoshi is brought up. I honestly think Link might have a chance. Well, at least top of Low Tier. There's no way Ganondorf and Jigglypuff are better than Link.

Personally, I dream for the day that someone comes along and masters all three Pokemon and utterly ***** everyone with Pokemon Trainer.

fox219

Smash Journeyman

tier list
Here is what i think about the tier list. They are ranking the brawl players instead of the characters. just because a cruddy player uses meta knight can still be pwned.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I'unno, usually whenever there's a debate about which character(s) is(are) breaking out of low tier, it's one of those. Sometimes Yoshi is brought up. I honestly think Link might have a chance. Well, at least top of Low Tier. There's no way Ganondorf and Jigglypuff are better than Link.
Personally, I dream for the day that someone comes along and masters all three Pokemon and utterly ***** everyone with Pokemon Trainer.

Ganon has a case for being better than Link. Better recovery, better edgeguarding, better combo ability, better ko ability, tech chasing ability.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
There's no way Ganondorf and Jigglypuff are better than Link.
This is true...
Ganon has a case for being better than Link. Better recovery, better edgeguarding, better combo ability, better ko ability, tech chasing ability.
This isn't
:laugh:

Aren't we all?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I think Olimar should gain just a few places, but I think im fine where he is.

I can't wait to see v2, seeing how much the SBRs opinion has changed after another two seasons of competition.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I think Olimar should gain just a few places, but I think im fine where he is.

I can't wait to see v2, seeing how much the SBRs opinion has changed after another two seasons of competition.
well, i think olimar should move up to high tier easily, considering his matchups with pretty much all of the top/high tier are neutral matchups, and he has so many **** matchups in mid/low tier i think its impossible for him to not be in high tier.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Meta Knight
Snake
King Dedede
Mr. Game & Watch
Falco
R.O.B.

High
Marth
Wario
Lucario
Donkey Kong
Diddy
Pikachu
Ice Climbers
Kirby
Pit
Wolf

Middle
Toon Link
Olimar
Fox
Zelda
Zero Suit Samus
Bowser
Luigi
Peach
Ike
Sheik

Low
Lucas
Ness
Mario
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi
Sonic
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Link
Captain Falcon
Ya jigglypuff! you work that tier list!! What ever happened to bottom tier lol? im counting it as win for jiggs because now low is the new bottom!

BurtonEarny

Smash Ace
I wont lie when I say I'm not a competitive smasher yet. I play with some people who do attend tournies, but I'm from a small town and never got the opportunity to attend one (dont think I could win one, but I fell like I could compete well). Anyway, when the game came out I really liked d3 alot. He was comical, he could chaingrab , he could recover wonderfully despite being MASSIVE. When it came out how good he was my casual playing friends all moaned that I would play such a high tier character, so I mained Peach. I got to the point where none of them could beat Peach regularly, and so I started playing jiggs. I got tired of her a little quicker, and I started playing luca (my favorite playstyle of any character). Now I'm back to d3 because hes an overweight penguin with a hammer! Im aware hes amazing, but I got to the point where I didnt need to validate myself by playing low tier characters. I can play well with any characters style.
I said all that to say this: people should not be complaining about tier lists and who uses who. I went to one tourney and over half of the people there played wolf or g&w. Be the change you want to see in a tier list. If you think cap falcon is top tier(when in fact craptin falcon just so happens to be god tier) then prove it. Win major tournaments and get rep so your voice will matter. I wont argue the list much beyond I wish d3 was lower(though hes probably not), peach was higher than bowser(I really think this one)... and thats all I got. this really isnt relavent & its been overstated, just saying it myself.

SithforceNL

Smash Rookie
Wow I must have a gift of finding high tier characters.
My favs in the 1st week of playing were ddd marth(like in melee) and ofcourse MT

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Urgh, I missed all that low tier stuff because it was at like 4 AM last night and I was sleeping D;

Someone said something along the lines of "What does Sonic have that Mario and Ness don't?"

Amazing recovery, multiple options of approach, the most fluent punishment game out of the whole cast, good offstage game (well, Ness doesn't have one >_>), tournament results. I could name more '.'

Match-ups for all three of them are pretty decent, with Ness only now getting gayed over by Charizard, and Mario getting gayed by Dedede and MK (?) they along with Sonic have mostly neutral match-ups.

Oh, and the rest of low tier was talked about too. I dunno, to me Link doesn't deserve 2nd bottom. Yes, his recovery is a massive problem, but other than being rather slow to react when someone's up in his face I can't really find any problems with him.

I think Falcon will stay bottom. Sonic has to rise, for him not to would be pure ignorance. I don't know where all this Lucas hate comes from, I know his mains don't speak out as much as others about it, but I'm confused.

What makes Lucas such a bad character? D;

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Lucas: Bad approaches, gimpable recovery, a lot of punishable moves, grab game is pretty bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom