• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmac

Smash Lord
If that happens, then they will probably split the Mid Tier as "Higher Middle" and "Lower Middle"

Mmac please don't talk about Luigi. You don't know enough about him.
First, what Is it that I am not getting right about Luigi?

Second, Neither do most of the people who talk about Yoshi. Go figure

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I think the SBR flipped a coin on that one (kidding)

Maybe at the TIME Lucas was doing better. But now, there is no reason why Ness should be worse.

Edit: Yoshi should move up too. (not because of Mmac lol)

Seriously, Yoshi is one of the FEW characters that goes even with MK. He has crazy tech's on almost EVERYONE.

Countering a top tier character (Wario) Having an improved recovery, good matchups e.c.t. I think Yoshi might even surpass Ness!

M.K

Level 55
Ness does NOT deserve to be low tier.
He is middle tier material.
All of his aerials are useful. PK Fire is a great combo starter. He has the strongest spike in the game, and his back throw is a guaranteed kill at 120% +.
I don't see how the likes of Ike and Bowser are above Ness.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
ness has grab infinite by charizard and grab > tippered dmsahs (i think) with marth. lucases recovery is better. but besides that, ness > lucas in almost every way.
EIDI escapes Marth's CG.Charizard doesn't infinite Ness. Super Grab Break helps escape Charizards CG, and most agree that the matchup vs Charizard is neutral (55 for Charizard)

Many of Ness grab problems can be avoided. Recovery wise Lucas>>>>>>Ness to.

Edit: Meta Kirby, as much as I hate to say it, Bowser IS better. He has grab Sheninagens on like... everyone. Goes close to even with MK, and is just overall better... :(.

Ness should be low mid though.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi isnt even with MK. Uggg, stop saying this people! Its not true.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i dont think anybody does anymore

for the record the last time i said FS ***** yoshi was like 4-5 months ago
my last post here was actually explaining why thats a dumb mindset to have.

and i didnt explicitly say that his projectile was bad, i just think it requires too much micro manage ment

D

Deleted member

Well eggs are actually one of the best projectiles imo. Their versitality is almost unmatched, and they are amazing pressuring tools. Just a little bit harder to use then most.

Mmac

Smash Lord
and i didnt explicitly say that his projectile was bad, i just think it requires too much micro manage ment
12. luigis fireball is the only projectile in the game that i want LESS than those eggs.
Don't lie Kid, this is was from your response that Yoshi's Eggs are decent. Don't treat me like an idiot

And about Micromanagement, Olimar requires TONS of Micromanagement, yet look where he's heading.

People just need to understand that Complexity does not equal bad

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
why dont you reread my quote dude, that was my personal reasoning. i dont like eggs. i never said they were bad, it says so right in the quote, dont treat me like i dont know what im saying.

i didnt say that they are worse than everything except fireballs, i just said I, thats ME AND ME ALONE, dont want them.

and yo are forgetting the one flaw in the yoshi/olimar metaphor.
oli is a good character and showing that he is a good character.
yoshi is a bad character with a few good players, there is a big difference

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
Too bad Mario isn't any higher than low, he seems like he's doing really well right now, especially with those new rules about DDD's infinite.

Mmac

Smash Lord
why dont you reread my quote dude, that was my personal reasoning. i dont like eggs. i never said they were bad, it says so right in the quote, dont treat me like i dont know what im saying.

i didnt say that they are worse than everything except fireballs, i just said I, thats ME AND ME ALONE, dont want them.
Re-Read your Quote? This was from your COUNTER ARGUMENT That you USED to CLAIM on your opinions that YOSHI is TERRIBLE. If you DID mean otherwise, then you put it in the worst location ever.

You can't use personal opinions as a weapon. This is what everyone is using and I'm tired of it. If you personally don't like eggs, that is fine BUT YOU CAN'T USE THAT AS A FORM OF ATTACK! That's like me going around claiming Bowser UpB is terrible because I can't use it worth crap

and yo are forgetting the one flaw in the yoshi/olimar metaphor.
oli is a good character and showing that he is a good character.
yoshi is a bad character with a few good players, there is a big difference
So it doesn't matter how Complex Olimar is, as long as he's good. Is that it?

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
We could talk about slide whistles. Like, how come they don't give them away at carnivals anymore.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
I like to put a finger trap on each finger. It's like you have witches nails. If I don't have those readily available I use Bugles. ^_^

Ness is better than Lucas. He always was. I don't get that placement.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ness is better than Lucas. He always was. I don't get that placement.
I agree, (not just the fact that Ness is my second best). But the fact is that most people pick new chracters and not look at the old one's in this tier list. Notice the fact that almost every new commer in the game is placed high in the tier list. Also, how many Ness you do see in a toureny match?

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
I agree, (not just the fact that Ness is my second best). But the fact is that most people pick new chracters and not look at the old one's in this tier list. Notice the fact that almost every new commer in the game is placed high in the tier list. Also, how many Ness you do see in a toureny match?

I don't think that's the problem. It's just a coincidence that most of the new chars are better than some of the veterans.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Too bad Mario isn't any higher than low, he seems like he's doing really well right now, especially with those new rules about DDD's infinite.
It's an old tier list, plus the SBR stated that they see Mario as a character that has a lot potential and most likely will move up to mid tier if he becomes popularized enough in tournies. Right now Mario just doesn't have enough rep in tournies, mostly because he's often a second best solution in most situations.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
I doubt it's a coincidence. Newcomers are, like the name says, new. No one but the creators have tested them. While vets have been in melee or earlier so the people working on the game know what they need to "tweak" (though some was unnecessary like ganon, samus ect.). Though I agree that newcomers tend to attract a lot of attention.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Ravin

Smash Lord
People just need to understand that Complexity does not equal bad
This right here. Is what I was waiting to read.

Everyone wants to cry and complain about who is low and high.

If you notice, the people lower on the tier list, have a higher learning curve, the higher you go up, the more user friendly it becomes.

And dont go ZOMG no its not.

It takes almsot Zero skill to get good with MK, Snake, D3, Or Falco. Any moron can Ftilt, Mash B, or take ten minutes to learn to CG.

Only reason they are even more developed over then most if because, well most pros like the overused and OP'd characters to win money.

As a lot of them say.

LOL its brawl, easy money.

Which is why, This tier list, should not even exist. It should be a "How to make easy money fast" List.

Cloud Cleaver

Smash Journeyman
I think a lot of the newcomers are on the upper half because the old characters from Melee have been "fixed" by Sakurai to get rid of the Melee competitors' glitch-abuse and tricks. Fox, for instance, was FAR better in Melee than he was intended to be by the developers, so Sakurai went out of his way to cut him down to size. Same goes with just about everyone who was in the top of the last game. They tried to hurt Marth badly by making it harder to tipper and making his Dair spike much harder, but they didn't actually lower his potential that much...just gave him a steeper learning curve. They gave Falco that new reflector (IMO) to remove his Pillar combo, but accidentally have him chainthrows and a better gun, so he stayed in the top.

Conversely, the newer characters did not need to be toned down; they are new, and none of their glitches or uber-tricks (Snakedashing, anyone?) were discovered until AFTER the game was given to the competitive players.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Was that banned? I haven't heard about this yet....
Umbreon claimed that DDD's infinite would be banned with his/her (IDK what gender Umbreon is...) new tournament rules but it isn't clear whether or not those rules will become official.

Anyway, I think Mario will still end up mid mid the way things are going right now.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Someone needs to explain to me 3 things.

1. Why is DeDeDe high tier?
2. Why is Game and Watch high tier?
3. Why is Ness lower tier than Lucas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom