• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravin

Smash Lord
when was the last time you saw a good snake get cypher grabbed?

he has pretty much the best ground controll in the game.
snake is too good,
Last Tounry I went to, A DK won it, And snakes got grabbed left and right like little kids for candy.

And yes, GOOD snakes, I believe a Wolf Diddy was second, followed by MK, then Trailed a few Snakes.

So yes... It does happen.

And apperently, you havn't seen a Good Samus Vs Snake fight go at it.

Also "He has the best ground control"
No he doesn't, if he did, he'd be over MK. He has the best mindgames for the ground.

Diddy has the best ground control.

Mmac

Smash Lord
Not from what I'm seen. I've gotten an extra 10-15% from Lucas' up smash.
The value was from after he would have died at minimum even with Nair and DI, using Snake's Utilt as a reference.

I don't know how you can get an extra 15 when Lucas's Usmash has just as much or even more Knockback than Snake's Utilt

And about Snake, sometimes the opponent just puts him in a position where he HAS to recover from there.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Last Tounry I went to, A DK won it, And snakes got grabbed left and right like little kids for candy.
lol thats actually pretty funny.

And yes, GOOD snakes, I believe a Wolf Diddy was second, followed by MK, then Trailed a few Snakes.

So yes... It does happen.

And apperently, you havn't seen a Good Samus Vs Snake fight go at it.
mannnn... i havent seen a samus in like 5 months.

Also "He has the best ground control"
No he doesn't, if he did, he'd be over MK. He has the best mindgames for the ground.
number 1, its a known fact that Snake takes MK to the house hardcore on the ground,
and 2 the only reason that snake doesnt beat MK outright, is because if snake is ever in the air, hes probably in the process of dying.

Diddy has the best ground control.
while you are right about diddy, this goes back to my original point of people underestimating snake

Ravin

Smash Lord
while you are right about diddy, this goes back to my original point of people underestimating snake
GG on ignore most of my points.

Snake has the best mindgames for the ground...

If you look at basics, a MK can spam Dsmash and keep control better then a Snake can. In order for Snake to remain in good ground cover, is nads.

Noone is underestimating Snake, everyone is GETTING sick of Snakes. While everyone is pushing to improve the metagame of say.. GnW. Snake is at the point where they go... just camp and Ftilt spam.

Point overall being, Snake cannot control the ground like MK can. If Snake gets in the air, then he apperently isn't keep very good control of the ground now is he?

Also, Diddy still beats them both. I dont even like Diddy, but I seen a good few go to town. Watched M2K get punked by one when he was trying to be MK.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
and than he came back that same day and took him to school...
:laugh:
and whoa, just because 1 new tech came out for GaW, doesnt mean that his metagame hasnt been stagnant for months now.
and no, down smash spam gets MK ***** vs. snake, cus if the snake is good, he punishes down smash with a 21% f-tilt.
and camp with nades and space with f-tilt is what snakes do, because thats all they have to do to win in most situations. look at the ranking list.
and if snake gets put in the air, thats due to a fault of the player, doesnt mean that snake isnt still stupid overpowered.
sorry if im being mean, i dont mean to direspect but you do have a few misconceptions, and i wanted to be sure i addressed all your points because you said i wasnt.

D

Deleted member

Hmm in general i would say that snake has a better ground game than MK. MKs is nothing to scoff at and is nothing worse than 3nd, with his amazingly amazing ftilt and great grab. Snakes ground game is what makes him what he is.

Diddy is too good in general, and is definately one of the best characters.

Dsmash spam doesnt work on anyone decent.

Ravin

Smash Lord
Dsmash spam doesnt work on anyone decent.
Say that to pikachu or MK <.< No johns included in saying this.

I have to dig up an old video of that... It was one i saw a bit ago of someone using MK just spamming Dsmash on purpose as a mindgame.

You forget we are talking about brawl right? decent doesn't matter... xD

infomon

Smash Scientist
Pika Dsmash: SDI up+out of it, then punish with a Dair. What's the problem? It does some damage and it's a good GTFO option for Pikachu, but it's punishable enough, and at the very least it shouldn't be able to KO.

Galanoth7395

Smash Apprentice
Snake can normal jump --> nair and get in all the hits if performed correctly for 28%. And a majority of his aerials come out quickly, so I wouldn't say he's way better on the ground.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Snake can normal jump --> nair and get in all the hits if performed correctly for 28%. And a majority of his aerials come out quickly, so I wouldn't say he's way better on the ground.
Snake is alot better on the ground.
Snake is definitely much better on the ground... don't confuse having strong, high priority aerials with being good in the air... Kirby's good in the air... Snake is slow and unweildy (albeit dumb strong) in the air...

Vv2

Smash Apprentice
whens the next update to the tier list coming? anyone know? or is it presumed to be correct atm?

D

Deleted member

Say that to pikachu or MK <.< No johns included in saying this.

I have to dig up an old video of that... It was one i saw a bit ago of someone using MK just spamming Dsmash on purpose as a mindgame.

You forget we are talking about brawl right? decent doesn't matter... xD
LOL! Pikachus dsmash isnt very good, its a decently safe move but its the easiest move to DI out of in the world.

Mks Dsmash spam doesnt work against good players, if you think it does then play better people.

Ravin

Smash Lord
LOL! Pikachus dsmash isnt very good, its a decently safe move but its the easiest move to DI out of in the world.

Mks Dsmash spam doesnt work against good players, if you think it does then play better people.
Say that to all the people who lose to them in tounries when MK continue to sweep the nation with wins and remain in God Tier?

As stated before, all MKS kill with is shuttle loop and Dsmash.

Apperently, its so easy to avoid :3 xD

Vv2

Smash Apprentice

1/2 the time you DI out of pikachu's D smash you put yourself in range of a F smash or in the air slightly stunned above pikachu...for 4/5 chars these are bad places to be in casuing you to have to roll away or jump so pikachu has a just to capitalize during any part of this if you screw up well he is still safe from harm as DI takes you too far to retaliate before he finishes 9/10 times so it might not be good for damage or KBack but amzaing for making opportunities

D

Deleted member

Pikachu's dsmash is good, but at this point i DI out of it 90% of the time. The point was dsmash spam wont work against anyone reasonably good at the game. It has lackluster range as well.

Lol ravin. Why would you interpret my post that way. Please tell me where i said its easy to avoid? MK is top tier, hes an amazing character, ive played some of the best ones in the nation, dsmash spam doesnt work. So because MK has to kill with it it means that dsmash spam works??? What?

Its an amazing move, one of the best, and you can spam it against not so good players. Spamming most moves doesnt work, only a few non projectiles are really good enough that they are safe on block and are hard to counter even if predicted.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I also agree that Pikachu's down smash is way too easy to DI out of. As a matter of fact, I can generally gauge the skill level of my opponent just by doing this move. If I hit all of it consistently, they're probably not that experienced.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lmao
pikachu plays dumb.
AND HE STOLE PEACH'S DSMASH (give it back)

if you pick pikachu and spam neutral B, dsmash and down B, you shouldn't win.
if you win, you aren't playing some1 who knows what they're doing.
(i don't know what i'm doing)

gantrain05

Smash Master
lol at pikachu's Dsmash, as a peach player, i can tell you its rediculously easy to DI out of for me, and i don't even hit the ground, i can float cancel before i even hit the ground so im completely safe, don't have to worry about rolling, and can actually go right back at pika with a Dair combo lol.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol at pikachu's Dsmash, as a peach player, i can tell you its rediculously easy to DI out of for me, and i don't even hit the ground, i can float cancel before i even hit the ground so im completely safe, don't have to worry about rolling, and can actually go right back at pika with a Dair combo lol.
me and you are friends now.
because i like your post.
i like that you play peach.
and i like that you know how to punish.

... plus i used to have that avatar!

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Pikachu...?

*Remembers doing that match up...shudder*

Down Smash is very easy to SDI out of and you can roll out the way/tech when you hit the floor. Neutral B can be perfect sheilded quite easily

I'm looking forward to Peach moving up. She probably won't move up as far as I'd like her to but...meh, guess I'll have to see

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i used to think peach was a good secret snake counter.
now i think it's samus.
lmao

AquaTech

We hit the potjack
How high up do you guys think Sonic will go when they update the next tier list? I'm guessing the higher end of middle tier.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
How high up do you guys think Sonic will go when they update the next tier list? I'm guessing the higher end of middle tier.
you'd better not keep your hopes up.
the whole "let's make sonic good" thing seems kind of inactive lately.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
I like Sonic and all, but sadly, as a character, he's fated for low tier, lower mid at best.

It's just that a player can do alot with Sonic. Alot of stuff to the point where one Sonic can play differently from another Sonic.

So yeah.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
I like Sonic and all, but sadly, as a character, he's fated for low tier, lower mid at best.

It's just that a player can do alot with Sonic. Alot of stuff to the point where one Sonic can play differently from another Sonic.

So yeah.
well with everyone going in different directions with him, there's more of a chance that someone will find a "temporarily optimum" playstyle and maybe it'll catch on.
that would more than likely put him up. and brawl is still new enough for that to happen.

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
well with everyone going in different directions with him, there's more of a chance that someone will find a "temporarily optimum" playstyle and maybe it'll catch on.
that would more than likely put him up. and brawl is still new enough for that to happen.
Could, Would, Should.

But I refer only to "is"

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Actually the Sonic players are starting to come together.

We've all kind of broken Sonic apart to the point where we all play the same. But in order for Sonic to consistently win matches, he has to change playstyles mid-match.

EX) First half, play really feinty. Baiting attacks and punishing with spindashes, spindash cancels, and grabs. Second half, walk more and keep spacing with tilts.

Sonic is a very punishment based character, but he has the tools to cause desired reactions, since most of his approaches can be shield or jump cancelled he never has to set himself to one thing. Like, if Sonic grabs at a low percentage, UThrows, and starts charging a SideB Spindash, he's trying to get his opponent to airdodge. After reading the airdodge, Sonic can just shield cancel the SideB and grab the opponent again after he falls from the airdodge.

Most people just think Sonic is garbage tier because
1. They never played a good Sonic
2. Never spent more than a month playing as him
3. Try to understand how he's played in general.

A lot of people just hear "Dtilt beats everything Sonic can do" and believe it.

:093:

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Actually the Sonic players are starting to come together.

We've all kind of broken Sonic apart to the point where we all play the same. But in order for Sonic to consistently win matches, he has to change playstyles mid-match.

EX) First half, play really feinty. Baiting attacks and punishing with spindashes, spindash cancels, and grabs. Second half, walk more and keep spacing with tilts.

Sonic is a very punishment based character, but he has the tools to cause desired reactions, since most of his approaches can be shield or jump cancelled he never has to set himself to one thing. Like, if Sonic grabs at a low percentage, UThrows, and starts charging a SideB Spindash, he's trying to get his opponent to airdodge. After reading the airdodge, Sonic can just shield cancel the SideB and grab the opponent again after he falls from the airdodge.

Most people just think Sonic is garbage tier because
1. They never played a good Sonic
2. Never spent more than a month playing as him
3. Try to understand how he's played in general.

A lot of people just hear "Dtilt beats everything Sonic can do" and believe it.

:093:
Sad AND true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom