• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
i like that puff can easily rest combo dedede.
he still beats puff, imo, but it's sick to do dair to rest.

p.s. i don't even play brawl lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
nice.
well lucien is the one who led me to believe fox could be a snake counter lmao
when he started beating meeps snake.

he was hella good with wolf first, but he said wolf was getting boring. just spamming bairs lol

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
ooh. nice 3stock on the peach haha
dair to anything seems to work for him.
i don't think i'd have the patients to get good with fox tho. not that good anyway.

Ravin

Smash Lord
i like that puff can easily rest combo dedede.
he still beats puff, imo, but it's sick to do dair to rest.

p.s. i don't even play brawl lol

Stop talking about it?

And He doesnt beat Puffs, the matchup isnt that bad, considering he cant CG her.

Jigglypuff is a lot better then some people think. IMO doesn't really count here, a lot of people are coming with evidence and your going "Lol brawl wut?"

Shoulda took Umby's warning.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
yeah, but shiek can have some killing problems, and zelda is impossible to approach as fox lol.
Sheik's tipper usmash is one of the best vertical KO moves in the game and guess what? Ftilt sets Fox directly up for it at kill percentages......what are you talking about?

Also that Moogle guy or whatever his name is has a horrible Fox. Dair should strictly be used for punishing.......never as an approach. That Peach player could have simply stayed grounded and used utilt and Moogle wouldn't have known what to do. I hate how no one gets to see vids of anyone actually good with Fox that doesn't think dair is his only move. Every Fox player with half a brain will tell you that he has far better options in most cases.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Fox doesn't even have to approach the often does he?
No but it's not as if his blaster is ever stopping someone from getting to him. All Sheik needs is a grab release to an ftilt or ftilt OoS and Fox loses a stock.....trust me I play both characters.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I meant in general, not Fox vs Sheik specific.
Actually he does....most of he better characters outcamp him easily and the characters without projectiles(Marth, DK, Wario) are used to approaching anyway.

Fox doesn't have great approaches, that and the fact that he has three hard counters is the reason why he won't ever move up on the tier list or taken serious by more than a few people.

Justblaze647

Smash Lord
Running for my life in the forests of Eelong
Actually he does....most of he better characters outcamp him easily and the characters without projectiles(Marth, DK, Wario) are used to approaching anyway.

Fox doesn't have great approaches, that and the fact that he has three hard counters is the reason why he won't ever move up on the tier list or taken serious by more than a few people.
Fox Sux... everything he's got has been nerfed...

Ravin

Smash Lord
Two spots out of high tier according to an outdated tier list in dire need of being replaced/updated...

Why do I sound like an idiot again? for stating my opinion..?
There is a difference between stating your opinion and sounding like a idiot.

"Fox Sux" Is not the best way to start a conversation or a debate by "Stating your opinion"

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Fox is pretty good.

Ugh guys, when I get recording equipment, Imma make like Ninjalink and show some people how to play their characters... Namely Sonic, Fox, Jiggly, and PT. Come on, step it up!

Ravin

Smash Lord
Fox is pretty good.

Ugh guys, when I get recording equipment, Imma make like Ninjalink and show some people how to play their characters... Namely Sonic, Fox, Jiggly, and PT. Come on, step it up!
Good luck, a lot of people cling to the elitists of melee still, a lot of videos from some people some very good ones ive seen, are easily overlooked. I wish you best of luck, and im sure ill run across it if you stay true.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Fox does have some ok approach options. Although one I use is Foxtrot to shield... original. SHNairs aren't half bad, and dash shining... isn't that amazing but it looks cool so I use it anyway :laugh:. People do need to stop incessantly drilling though, it's easy to punish and becomes way too predictable.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Fox is, IMO, a reaction based character and should be played devoid of any "playstyle." The only sense of tactical efficiency that should be used with him is dealing high damage when you PUNISH.

In short, he's fast... but can't use that speed to approach unlike MK. So instead of approaching, he can run around and usmash people when they mess up. Something like that.

Not to mention dash -> shield is the #1 approach for like half the cast. (Also Sonic's best approach... yes, better than down-B spindash.)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
his game would probably focus around dash attack. he would be alright, can't really say a tier
cuz thats dum lol

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Low-Mid high if you ask me. He's really nimble and has nice aerials, as well as an awesome gimping ability imo, but then that's my opinion, not ultimate truth. Just remember that people before you start to rip my innards out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom