• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Anyone mind explaining to me why DK is high tier and Toon Link is top of medium? I've been gone from the brawl scene (melee and ssb64 ftw) and I just don't get how DK got so high and Toon Link got pretty low >_>
I'm guessing because Toon Link has trouble getting KOs and DK got buffed from Melee.

D

Deleted member

Sonic is bottom tier?

Tiers R 4 Queers!

Also, I find it ironic that the Captain is also bottom tier. I guess it's safe to say that it's Rick Wheeler.:laugh:

Mmac

Smash Lord
This is gonna have such a negative effect on the lower characters meta-games lol.
Why bring out a list just as characters are developing?
They shouldn't, but people will see this as 'omg solid gold truth!' and so will ignore lower characters and bandwagon to 'better' characters, slowing down the lower characters metagame because people won't use them, creating an unneccessary bigger gap between the two groups.
So yeah, kudos to you guys ruining the prospects of these 'worse characters' at an early stage.
It's far too early to bring out a list.
What he said.

Not only that, but you make it sound like Yoshi is a ****ing joke in Singles Tournament Play.

Even Matchup against MetaKnight, 0% Kills against Snake/Falco, Early Development of WaveDashing, and he still ends up 6th worst.

I'll be in the Car -_ -

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wow some of the placements really caught me off gaurd.

I will bring Ike glory!

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Middle
Bowser
Luigi
Ike
Shiek

Low
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
*Grumble*
My main is Lucas and I secondary Ivysaur...-_-

It won't stop me from playing them, just wasn't expecting Lucas to be this low...

On the other hand though...

ROB

High
Diddy
Pikachu
Kirby
Pit
All the others I enjoy playing are up top. I've got a even spread with my characters. Maybe I will actually start looking for some tournaments again.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Yes! Granny is above Falcon. This is a day of victory ;)
But, if only PT were higher. D:

Also. Yoshi above Jiggly?
Saywhaaa?

ColinJF

Smash Ace
It looks like this tier list will enable me to use my high tier character in low tier tournaments... talk about unfair for the other entrants. By the way Ness is so much better than Lucas... it isn't even close. Placing them side by side (and Lucas above Ness) suggests an unfamiliarity with both characters.

That's not the real reason I'm posting though. If you recall the "Smash Back Room Weekly Character Discussion" thread, this was said:

In the SBR the most active thread was entitled "Brawl Tiers". Yes, we're discussing tiers already. Does that mean a tier list is coming out soon? Absolutely not. Wait a year before asking when it will come out.
Did you guys change your mind on that or is this thread meant as some sort of social experiment?

Fletch

Smash Master
It looks like this tier list will enable me to use my high tier character in low tier tournaments... talk about unfair for the other entrants. By the way Ness is so much better than Lucas... it isn't even close.
If this is so true, then prove it by your play and results.

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Oh God there's so many n00bs at GameFAQs getting all pissy. It's good to know the Smash Back Room decided to release the tier list early. However, I have to ask about some things. Toon Link is mostly Middle because there's not a lot of tourney data with him, right? The only real problems I see with him is that he has a hard time finishing sometimes and his spacing isn't as good as Marth's.

What exactly is the formula for calculating the tier list anyway?

Once again, thanks SBR for releasing the tier list early.

Snail

Smash Lord
Olimar that low? :/

Guess I don't really mind, but yeah. Didn't expect it...
In fact, I disagree with most of the list, but whatever. It'll probably change anyway...

Wölf

Smash Apprentice
DDD Top Tier, nice.

I didn't main him because of that, honest. The first week or so that Brawl was out I fell in love with him :)

zrky

Smash Lol'd
WOW, I really like it:) Im not gonna complain about yoshi, because the poor guy seems to get that from allot of people:( but I do agree with every character in the way they are placed.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
It's a shame that TL is lower than I expected, but its not surprising. TL players are rare to come across, so you don't really see them placing at tournaments.

More the reason for me to use him more :)

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
Woah, fast thread. Let me repost my question. >.>

Oh God there's so many n00bs at GameFAQs getting all pissy. It's good to know the Smash Back Room decided to release the tier list early. However, I have to ask about some things. Toon Link is mostly Middle because there's not a lot of tourney data with him, right? The only real problems I see with him is that he has a hard time finishing sometimes and his spacing isn't as good as Marth's.

kr3wman

Smash Master

I would guess something like this

Shadow Light Master

Smash Journeyman
I would guess something like this
Is that really it? So all he really needs is more tourney results? >_> I'm guessing if he's used more, my prediction is he will move up to High Tier with Pika.

EDIT: Why aren't people using Toon Link? He's such a mofo.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
I think they grouped PT as one character because of the fatigue system. Makes it basically impossible to main just ONE of the Pokeys.

I'm disappointed at Samus's placement on that list. I was hoping for low-middle.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
If this is so true, then prove it by your play and results.
I'm a big fan of evidence in general, but your request is pretty silly. Brawl tournaments are so infrequent here that even if I get Ness points for Ankoku's list (and I have gotten him points) they will be removed (because of the two month cut off) before there is even another tournament. In fact there isn't even another Brawl tournament in sight and the last one was nearly two months ago, heh.

Also, the particular claim you quoted was about low tier tournaments, and there haven't been any of those yet, since there hasn't been a generally accepted tier list. That being said I do play to win, so having a high tier character in a low tier tournament is not something I will pass up the chance to exploit if there is another Brawl tournament around here.

Also, as the first post says, this isn't based only on tournament results. I could write a lengthy explanation justifying my comment from a theoretical point of view, but I don't think anybody is too interested, and it's in my interests to have an advantage in low tier tournaments anyway. ;)

As I said above, placing Ness and Lucas side by side (and Lucas above Ness) suggests a lack of familiarity with both characters. It would be like placing Mario and Luigi side by side with Mario above Luigi.

cutter

Smash Champion
WHOA I didn't notice this went up. I was reading about how Sensei's Diving Top just got banned in the extended format for MTG -_-

Very good first draft guys. I think in the future MK will get his own tier and I can see the bottom tier forming already. :p

I would like to know why DDD is above G&W though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Hopefully I can continue to evolve Yoshi's meta games with my discoveries and push Yoshi up higher on that list.

Stroupes

Smash Lord
Wow, they're having a fit over at GameFAQs. XDD
It's almost sad. I think I even saw one who said that Yoshi was low on THIS list because his "wavedash was bad" ?
> >;
I hope I read wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom