• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
For the record, thats why i make my tourneys super cheap... So I dont have to feel bad about playing sonic in them.
You might as well play only in your tournies and not go else where. Or just simply drop sonic and play a high tier. All the cool kids do it.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
For the record, thats why i make my tourneys super cheap... So I dont have to feel bad about playing sonic in them and running out the clock with him.
Jk I just had to do that. I can't stand sonic. You do have a good reason to make it cheaper though. Its not that I hate sonic its just that I can't stand fighting him xD.
This is not an intentional Flame or Start of one it was meerly a joke. please dont flame me back

Dark. Pch I actually Like low tiers, but i cannot seem to find a low tier i like in brawl.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
For the record, thats why i make my tourneys super cheap... So I dont have to feel bad about playing sonic in them.

"For the record, thats why i make my tourneys super cheap... So I dont have to feel bad about playing sonic in them."

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
You might as well play only in your tournies and not go else where. Or just simply drop sonic and play a high tier. All the cool kids do it.
Don't you use Peach in tournaments?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
**** lots o' stuff happens when Im gone D:

How come whenever we talk about Zelda vs. Ganon matchup, Ganon always has the lead?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303

How come whenever we talk about Zelda vs. Ganon matchup, Ganon always has the lead?
IMO, Ganondorf vs Zelda is, at the very least, 35:65. He's one of the few characters she can outcamp, allowing her to use her great defensive game. USmash juggles work well on him, he can't tech chase her as easily due to her extremely long tech roll and DSmash > his recovery. Oh, and he's a big target for lightning kicks.

But all of that is basically nullified because Sheik ***** him even harder.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
IMO, Ganondorf vs Zelda is, at the very least, 35:65. He's one of the few characters she can outcamp, allowing her to use her great defensive game. USmash juggles work well on him, he can't tech chase her as easily due to her extremely long tech roll and DSmash > his recovery. Oh, and he's a big target for lightning kicks.

But all of that is basically nullified because Sheik ***** him even harder.
You really know what you're talking about.

@Dark: You're telling him not to go high tier, when you main such a character yourself.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
@Dark: You're telling him not to go high tier, when you main such a character yourself.
I was telling him if he is gonna feel the way he does, he might as well play only in his tournies. And if he was to travel for tournaments, he might as well drop sonic and play a high tier.

And Peach is not high tier. Think you got the wrong game.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I was telling him if he is gonna feel the way he does, he might as well play only in his tournies. And if he was to travel for tournaments, he might as well drop sonic and play a high tier.

And Peach is not high tier. Think you got the wrong game.
Notice the "such".

Mid tiers are still above alot of other characters in the cast.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Lol Dark Pch. You changed your icon under you avi to Zelda xD xD

You were srs.
Yea I am.

Notice the "such".

Mid tiers are still above alot of other characters in the cast.
Peach can be above all the characters she wants. Don't mean she cuts out for high tier.

Middle of B tier at best is as high as she can go right now.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Maybe they thought it would be funny to see us squirm when we see Ganons in top 8....xD

In all honesty I have no idea.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah he has this awesome video where he was on the SV platform, air released the MK while the platform was moving forward, and got an fsmash KO on MK, it was so lol.

Clai

Smash Lord
Where men are born and champions are raised

Because we were talking about a hypothetical situation where at that point, Ganon had the lead. And that situation led to some other tangents, which led to other tangents, etc. Plus the sight of Ganon camping another character is too good. As others have said, though, Ganon camping Zelda is a useless topic, as she can just transform into Shiek and rack up stupid amounts of damage with F-tilt and simply overwhelm Ganondorf.

I really hate it when others talk about Ganon as if they know him better than me. LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL This is too freaking good.

A quick second jump doesn't really make much of a difference, and especially not when the height barely goes everywhere. Ganon has trouble getting in the air to begin with, along with his terrible mobility, the game creators gave him jump lag.

Clai, I rather you don't quote my posts and counter me with your stupid arguments.
Because telling me to stop quoting you and arguing with you is actually going to get me to stop doing it. I can't accurately describe how messed-up that is without facing certain infractions/possible banishment, so I'm just going to continue with my thought process about camping Zelda:

Zelda's Din's Fire is miserably terrible to the point where it can't even be called a projectile. It is completely telegraphed from beginning to end and has negligible priority (as in anyone can just send out an attack and neuter it). It leaves Zelda completely open to attack and she is better off doing something else 100% of the time. No competant player should get hit by Din's Fire if he/she is trying to camp Zelda.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Because we were talking about a hypothetical situation where at that point, Ganon had the lead. And that situation led to some other tangents, which led to other tangents, etc. Plus the sight of Ganon camping another character is too good. As others have said, though, Ganon camping Zelda is a useless topic, as she can just transform into Shiek and rack up stupid amounts of damage with F-tilt and simply overwhelm Ganondorf.

Because telling me to stop quoting you and arguing with you is actually going to get me to stop doing it. I can't accurately describe how messed-up that is without facing certain infractions/possible banishment, so I'm just going to continue with my thought process about camping Zelda:

Zelda's Din's Fire is miserably terrible to the point where it can't even be called a projectile. It is completely telegraphed from beginning to end and has negligible priority (as in anyone can just send out an attack and neuter it). It leaves Zelda completely open to attack and she is better off doing something else 100% of the time. No competant player should get hit by Din's Fire if he/she is trying to camp Zelda.
Zelda's Din Fire is terrible, I didn't deny that. Is it punishable? Well, that depends on how exactly the Zelda player is using it, and whether the opposing character could counter it well enough.

Ganon can not camp Zelda. She has much more variety of moves that forces Ganon to approach (and puts him in bad positions) than vice-versa, thus the Ganon can't efficiently camp.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Quit trolling and get on with your whoring yourself to the high-tiers already GD it.

You are of no help to advancing his metagame with this attitude.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If anyone really expects to do well with low tiers, they need to accept the fact they are low tier and they have bad match-ups, why else would they be low tier lol.

IF you want to be known for maining that character, suck up you bad MU's, that aren't 3:7 or worse, and play them out or you might as well play a high tier if you refuse to fight them with your low tier character.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
IF you want to be known for maining that character, suck up you bad MU's, that aren't 3:7 or worse, and play them out or you might as well play a high tier if you refuse to fight them with your low tier character.
this is pretty much just saying don't main ganon.
except for against captain falcon...

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm sure just the mere mention of "Science!" serves the same purpose as namedropping/summoning Phil.

...Now I wonder if I even got it right... I said "Science!", but is it that, or do I caps all the letters?

How is this on-topic... I suppose it's the fact that it concerns Lucario and how he is a character.

Just as Wolf would put it "he's good. But I'm better! there are obviously better characters. Somwhere in B/low A-tier would be fine"
Lol all the cries for SCIENCE! have been answered... at a much later point lol.
This needs some sort of revival.
I have an idea

There are a lot of characters who are reported to have good tools, but sucky MUs where it counts (TL and DK are a decent example), whereas some have kind of meh tools but great MUs (Pit and Pikachu come to my mind, although obviously they do indeed have good stuff anyways, I'm not saying they're Ganon tier in character build).
What exactly correlates to a great character for both tools and MUs, and shouldn't they be one in the same? What do you think is more important? Tools help a character in a scenario, but they have cons like being shutdown, just like a character with great MUs can be shut down by one really bad one. They imo should be directly correlated, but for some odd reason, I see time and time again them not quite agreeing with each other.

On my example, feel free to disagree, but I felt that the characters I picked gave a good idea and feel for what I'm talking about.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
tools are not directly correlated to matchups because of the basics of smash as a whole makes it so that there are SOOOO many variables that some things that can be tools in some cases (like foxs fall speed making his airdodge cover a lot of verticle ground) that end up being total detriments in other cases (like foxs fall speed, when hes getting down thrown by pikachu). there are so many veriables and so many situations that can or might not be taken into account, that every thing has to be looked at on a case by case basis.

in your example, DKs large build and fatness, helps him out in a lot of matchups, snake for example, dk has the build to make him large enough to be on par with snakes spacing with his tilts, and he is in the same weight class as snake which helps even up the matchup as well.

but that same large build and fatness screws him over when he gets grabbed by DDD.

see what I mean. theres no (or very few) direct correlations between the two things you listed, only indirect correlations, that are determined on a match by match basis.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Donkey Kong's fatness and weight, or Fox's fallspeed, those things are attributes that are directly related to the character and make them what they are.

Of course, some attributes can be helpful all the time (like a good recovery), some can be bad all the time (like an incredibly light weight), and some can alter between being helpful or being crippling depending on the opponent's attributes.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Donkey Kong's fatness and weight, or Fox's fallspeed, those things are attributes that are directly related to the character and make them what they are.

Of course, some attributes can be helpful all the time (like a good recovery), some can be bad all the time (like an incredibly light weight), and some can alter between being helpful or being crippling depending on the opponent's attributes.
Not necessarily. Being very lightweight means you can't be comboed and chaingrabbed as easily. For example, Peach can Nair out of chaingrabs such as Falco's and locks such as Sheik's because of how light and floaty she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom