• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
So if you believe the world is flat and I show you evidence and the facts that it is round, you still will stay with your statement that the world is flat?

With that mindset, you NEVER EVER should enter a discussion. What you do then, is just pooping your opinion in and defending it while clenching on it. That's not discussing. <_<

.Marik

is a social misfit
So if you believe the world is flat and I show you evidence and the facts that it is round, you still will stay with your statement that the world is flat?

With that mindset, you NEVER EVER should enter a discussion. What you do then, is just pooping your opinion in and defending it while clenching on it. That's not discussing. <_<
What he said. :laugh:

Unless of course, you can diffrentiate between obvious fact and blatant lies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So nefarious B is a pretty smart guy, me and him should both be in the SBR

lol

i already have my top hat, monocle, and knowledge of why the SBR is private... not to mention i am halfway decent at the game.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
As well they shouldn't. People who aren't necessary to the process should no be in it, plain and simple.
Then, strictly speaking, SBRB could be made up of one person that decides everything for himself, since everyone else is unnecessary, too.

If you want people to care what you think, then demand their respect.
Demanding respect isn't the same as earning it.

You won't get that by arguing with me, go out and do something that impacts players, like winning tournies or discovering something useful.
I'm not trying to get your respect or join SBRB by saying all of this stuff. I'm simply pointing out the irrefutable logic of the situation in a way that is very easily understood.

Why do they matter in the first place? Because they know what they're talking about, more than most people.
*Yawn* Ad hominem. Moving along...

That's why we give them credit, and if you feel they don't know what they're talking about, then don't give them credit in anything they say. It's really not difficult to understand.
If they don't explain the rationale behind what they say, it's a little difficult to say whether or not they know what they're talking about.

Straw man argument is one of the most effective kinds for a reason; it points out the flaws in what you just said.
You don't know what a strawman is, do you? Well, of course not, if you think it's an effective way to debate.

It DOESN'T point out the flaws in someone's reasoning; it ALTERS their argument in order to INVENT flaws and make it easier to debate against. You didn't refute what I actually SAID, you just made up something that sounds vaguely similar in order to make it easier to argue against.

If you don't like it, then don't leave your argument vulnerable to it.
*Groan*

I'm seriously beginning to question if you're for real with all of this.

ALL arguments are open to strawmen. A strawman is easy - all you have to do is throw out what a person says and replace it with something similar-sounding that has a totally different intent. It's why it's considered a logical fallacy, and can't be taken seriously.

So, either you're saying the SBR is what has made them not worth trusting, which if that's true this argument is done, or you're saying that there are people out there better suited to rep those characters than the SBR members.
I'm saying the SBRB itself is filled with flawed, imperfect people just like the rest of us that are playing the same game as everyone else and isn't at some higher plateau of knowledge and understanding. Therefore, they should not be treated as such.

Now maybe that's true, which is why I asked for an example of who you would replace:
I made it a specific point early on that I am NOT about to attack specific people, here. Not only is that against forum rules, but it's in completely bad taste.

This is your argument that self moderation is bad? For 10 monthes they didn't do it, and the result was lackluster.
Umm... what? SBRB has been self-moderated since its inception! It's not something that just suddenly began happening.

Then they start to do it, and... wow a tier list people agree is actually good. This shouldn't be so hard to understand.
Alright. I want you to focus very heavily on each individual word of this next paragraph. This seems to be unclear right now, so let's take this nice and slow so you completely understand what I'm saying:

THE. END. RESULT. ISN'T. WHAT. MATTERS. IT'S. THE. PROCESS. THAT. MATTERS.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303

Well, OK, not quite that extreme. :laugh: If it's undeniably obvious that something is true (e.g. Meta Knight > Link), then I accept that, but if it's something more ambiguous (e.g. Zelda > Fox), then I'll continue to counteract that argument.

For a rough estimate of how heavily I defend my opinions on a character, think Dark Pch, and double that.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

lol

i already have my top hat, monocle, and knowledge of why the SBR is private... not to mention i am halfway decent at the game.
Yes, give him purplez nao

Nanaki

Smash Lord

lol

...I suppose I won't argue with that. I'm on your side here (I believe I started that argument in the first place...)

But you play Sonic, so you'll never get in. No room for your steak with those biscuits and brandy. Nefarious has a shot since he plays Zamus, and she just has boobs. Boobs go great with everything.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Heh thanks for the compliments. I'm not going to respond to his latest because at this point it's just ring around the rosey. I was chatting and kinda realized:

[10:00] <Nefarious> wow did i just spend 20 minutes writing my last post o.O
[10:00] <Nefarious> this dude is really a waste of time
So yeah no more essays from me but I think you all get my point. I don't expect to change anyone's minds once they're made up but I will explain my own position.

And, if my sig wasn't awesome already I'd sig this:
Nefarious has a shot since he plays Zamus, and she just has boobs. Boobs go great with everything.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I knew it was over when orion stated that he had "irrefutable logic" which is just a smarter way of saying hes going to be more stuborn than mountain tiger with what he believes

EDIT
but... but... but steak can be sophisticated too!!

look, ill even stick my pinky out while I eat it!
*sticks out pinky*

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
I knew it was over when orion stated that he had "irrefutable logic" which is just a smarter way of saying hes going to be more stuborn than mountain tiger with what he believes
Give me a break, man. It was obviously tongue-in-cheek. If you don't have a point to make, don't make it.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
I agree with scorptile
If everyone did, think how great the world would be!

EDIT
but... but... but steak can be sophisticated too!!

look, ill even stick my pinky out while I eat it!
*sticks out pinky*
You're going to have a bust out one hell of a filet mignon to get the 'sophisticated' tag on it. Most Sonic steaks I see are big ol' T-bones or Ribeyes. The pinky is helping your position, though...

Surprise, surprise.
You're just jealous. You wish you could agree with me. (And the other way around, sometimes ;) )

In all seriousness, it was a pretty good debate. Better than most we see around here. And it even somewhat pertained to the thread!

I still want to hear why Pikachu isn't higher. Anther shows how awesome he is all the time. Am I missing some crippling matchup or something?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
And besides, don't you think that defending/slamming an opinion of a character in a fierce way is kind of fun? It's just the internet after all, so no one gets hurt.
No. It's dumb. We're trying to discuss things here. A bit of fun is good, but "Heeheehee, I'm gonna continue saying idiocy to make them all :mad:, it's so awesome ^_^" is... not really how we want discussions here. Okay?

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
No. It's dumb. We're trying to discuss things here. A bit of fun is good, but "Heeheehee, I'm gonna continue saying idiocy to make them all :mad:, it's so awesome ^_^" is... not really how we want discussions here. Okay?
No one ever said anything about saying idiotic statements. I always try and use legitimate points to back up my arguments. I mean, what good is saying something like, 'Captain Falcon rocks becuse he hs super high priority and a great recovery'?

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
It depends on the situation. I'll gladly do it in something like Fire Emblem or whatever, but something like this isn't really something I joke around with too much, as far as their actual capabilities are concerned. I'm fine with joking for the most part... but not this.

This isn't to say I'm super serious about this topic. I just don't want any misconceptions about the one character I really know inside and out.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
No one ever said anything about saying idiotic statements. I always try and use legitimate points to back up my arguments. I mean, what good is saying something like, 'Captain Falcon rocks becuse he hs super high priority and a great recovery'?
Yea, but seriously. 3 or 4 people told you why Zelda has a horrible matchup vs. Snake, gave you exact reasoning, and all of it was true. And you keep on insisting she has a chance against him? That's not "fun", that's pretty shallow and frustrating.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Yea, but seriously. 3 or 4 people told you why Zelda has a horrible matchup vs. Snake, gave you exact reasoning, and all of it was true. And you keep on insisting she has a chance against him? That's not "fun", that's pretty shallow and frustrating.
Well, I was more arguing 'It's still hard for Zelda, but not unwinnable'. I thought it was quite an interesting discussion. You all gave some legitimate points, so I gave some legitimate counter-points, and you gave some legitimate counter-points to thsoe counter-points and so on. Is that not an interesting discussion?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
There's though a difference in saying "What I say is fact. You are all wrong, and here are my points why:" and making all false statements and "Hey, guys. I think X isn't quite right. How about we talk about that?".

It would've had the same outcome if you weren't forcing, but questioning, just with the difference that you wouldn't get angered and frustrated people but calm and factual answers. There's a whole difference in asking a question or forcing your opinion (!) into someone's face that corrects you, actually. You had quite a crapload of wrong facts and misconceptions that have shown that your knowledge is doubtable. Rather ask "Why does Snake have the advantage over Zelda?", instead of "Zelda vs Snake is 60:40 for Snake at worst".
You can also counter a point with "But doesn't Din's Fire help?" rather than "Din's Fire, *****es, you just don't know how to play Zelda". Especially if you don't know the character(s) you are argueing about. Because if you say "Zelda's FSmash is faster than anything Snake has", while this isn't absolutely true as we have seen, that doesn't make you a good discussion partner.
Especially not if you're proven wrong and as a reaction stomp your foot and say "But still!". This is childish behaviour.

While SWF members usually are pretty coolheaded in discussions and you can make one or another silly thing, it doesn't mean that acting like a 5-year-old kid that just got punished for stealing and eating cookies before dinner is appropiate in a discussion where facts are necessary and being open-minded as well as able to take corrections are mandatory.

I hope you get my point.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I didn't think that my views came across in that way, but if they did, then my apologies. I was simply trying to argue in a constructive way, rather than say 'OMG, you're all wrong!' I never said that, though I can sort of (just about) see where you're coming from. I'd like to think that I'm reasonably good with Zelda, but there are undoubtedly people better than me. Anyway, the point I'm making is, I'm sorry if anything I said annoyed/upset you, beccause if it did, I can assure you it was nto deliberate.

BTW, completely off-topic, I know, but your avatar looks really good like that. :bee:

.Marik

is a social misfit
I want a tophat and a monocle on Yoshi's head. :[

Anybody up for that? I don't have any applications installed in these crummy computers. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom