• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
oh yeah. the second set of jabs won't work but if you get their sheild low enough prior to the combo yeah should be legit-er... they can prob let go of sheild at the very least inbetween the first ans second jab you may want to test that.

I remember virg telling me about this and him trying it on me. I could roll out between every part if I remember correctly BUT that may have been use error more that . an dI was using sheik she is under the hard catagory so that may have effected the out come some.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Yea I've tested it a lot, down to how far each character model slides.
Just thing is OSS is really the only adv. option you have. Rolling away is easy to punish. the move is to pressure at first if they are scared they will lose their shied XD, the reaction they do puts fox and in a good postion, and this says get ***** Zelda and tether grabbers.

FatJackieChan

Smash Journeyman
Aren't the tiers supposed to update every 3-4 months? It has been coming closer to 9-10 at this point. Give us the god **** tier!

EDIT: More like 6-7

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Cons:

* Floaty.
* Slow dash speed
* Vertical recovery is rather poor.
* Shortest vertical mid-air jump in the game (Slightly shorter than Link's & Ganondorf's)
* Noticeable ending lag if you fail to connect with Peach Bomber.
* Dies vertically at relatively low percents.
* Her Turnips disappear once they hit a shield, which removes the possibility of using a turnip again
* hard to KO at moderate percentages
* Vegetables can be used against her

Don't forget worst airdodge in the game?

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Oh yeah, so something's been bothering me. On a lot of these foreign tier lists, Lucario is disadvantaged to Sheik/Zelda combined, when in reality he does well against both of them (I'd say both are disadvantaged against him, actually).

Can anyone explain the logic, especially since getting the aerial pressure on zelda's pretty easy (also we sort of outcamp her), and sheik is just a really annoying MU for her v. Lucario?
Because Dair on shield isn't enough for Luca to have the advantage in the match up ?

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just my input on the tier list, i've constantly been adjusting this over the past few months listening and reading the arguements of various people in various threads about each of the characters and this is what i've come up with:

S-MK, Snake, Diddy, Falco Wario,
A-IC, Marth, DDD, Lucario, Pikachu, Olimar, G&W
B-ZSS, ROB, Kirby, DK, Toon Link, Pit
C-Peach, Shiek, Luigi, Fox, Wolf, Sonic
D-PT, Bowser, Ike, Ness, Mario, Lucas
E-Yoshi, Zelda, Samus, Jigglypuff, Link
F-C.Falcon, Ganon.

So what do you guys think, input would be nice.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Just my input on the tier list, i've constantly been adjusting this over the past few months listening and reading the arguements of various people in various threads about each of the characters and this is what i've come up with:

F-C.Falcon, Ganon.

Looks A-OK to me :). Good list. I sorta debate if Sheik is better than Luigi but I could care less who's infront of who there :p

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama

F-C.Falcon, Ganon.

Personally, I think:
Mario should be up right above PT.
Ike be moved down a bit.
Jigglypuff down between Falcon and Ganondorf.

As much as I'd like to say Falcon deserves higher, the best I see him getting is Mid-Top of the E Tier.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
jiggs is definitely better than falcon. just way safer options better kill option better recovery options. just... better. I like that list I'd like to see peach and zelda higher though TLink is too high.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Jiggs being better than Falcon-- ehh... I'm not entirely sure I can agree with that. Aside from a few match-ups, like Pikachu and Mario, Falcon can be just as reliable in match-ups as Jigglypuff can.

Better kill options? Falcon has more kill potential and better options IMO. Jigglypuff does have the WOP, Rollout and Rest, but guaranteeing them seems somewhat situational since they're so easy to see coming. It's not as though they're split second reaction attacks; It all depends on how you punish and how opponents react. Aside from that, yeah, Jigglypuff does have kill potential with her aerials and smashes, but... so does Falcon. Especially if you're utilizing his ability to fastfall properly and you know how to combo with his auto-cancels. In that sense, they're somewhat even, I guess.

Jigglypuff's recovery is better than Falcon's though, can't deny that. It's just... easier to punish Jigglypuff's recovery compared to Falcon, since his Falcon Dive has a latching effect that punishes all non-disjointed hitboxes that attempt to spike or hit him out of the recovery.

When it comes to who'll survive at higher percents though, Falcon certainly has that down.

It's a tough call though. I'm not entirely sure how much improvement the Jigglypuff boards have made since the last tier list, compared to Falcon's.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
As jiggs you should be hetting hit with kill moves often. MK dies early, he is the best character in the game not soley because he has tools to avoid this obviously. But I just saying...

Jiggly is better than falcon by a huge margin. just a much safer charater in general. better pokes, a strong stall game. amazing momentum canceling ( meaning with good DI you aren't dying much earlier than most other characters). better safer kill options, good gimp game. pounds, multiple jumps.

only thing falcon has on jiggs is weight. and that is nulified by his bad start up run, subpar approach game and gimpable very linear recover.

jiggly is way better than falcon.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
see... thats my problem I rarely talk about things I don't know. jigglys dash attack one of her better kill moves comes out as a nice 4 frames. foward air has tons of kill power. rest is an amazing punisher t hat kills as percents falcon can't get off with his punch.
falcon has moves like utilt fsmash dsmash wich are very easy to read and so much easier to punish. a lot of his strong aerial kill moves are often staled because they are his only kill moves ingeneral, but even though are easy to avoid for most of the cast.

recovery/survivablity isn't just who weighs more or who's upB goes further. is about the ability to get on stage. jiggy is one of the better characters in the game at doing that because of her mulitiple jumps, pound stall, aerial mobility and speed it's hard to long her down. falco is very linear with his recovery which means hitting him off stage puts you at a much larger advantage than it would with jiggly.

I don't know what up with the jiggy boards but the seem very defeated in their character and have little intent on improving. but that really me as an outsider looking in. I'm not saying jiggs is some amazing for to be recond with. but if you've seen a real compedetive jiggly to can see the huge hap between falcon and jiggy.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Jigglypuff > Captain Falcon.

Unlike Falcon, Jigglypuff actually has viable approaches and a decent recovery. Falcon is heavier and stronger sure, but he has trouble landing moves more than Jigglypuff does because many of his moves are slower (though Jigglypuff has problems landing kill moves as well, tbf), and also Jigglypuff is much better at avoiding getting hit (she can air camp almost as well as Wario if used to perfection). Oh, and Jigglypuff is much better at gimping.

They both suck though.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Captain Falcon's advantages:

-A solid ground, air and grab game.
-Amazing auto-canceling potential that can lead into inescapable combos.
(example: Fastfall First Hit Nair -> Up+B)
-A wide variety of kill moves: Dsmash, Fsmash, Usmash, Utilt, Dair (yes, the overlooked vertical knockback, not the spike), Uair, Bair, Knee.
-Mobility.
-Solid onstage, offstage and ledge game.
-Heavy character, more difficult to kill.

They're both terrible, but I don't see how Jigglypuff has a HUGE advantage like you say.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
how often do you hit with anything aside from nair bair and uair? falcons ground game is very lack luster in that his moveset overall lacks speed. jab is nice. but everyone and their mom our space that move. falcon's combos are centered around his jab which will lead into a grab if you opponent don't have a 1 frame. and nair to some other 1 hit. ture combos that aren't very fruitful over all.

jiggly has a wide range of kill move too fsmash dsmash usmash fair dash attack rest rollout bair, but like falco it's so rare to hit with those.

falcon moves fast but is very difficult to control. his opening dash animation is horrible which means a lot of the time running is a risk. spacing aerials is hard because of his poor aerial mobility and huge aerial speed. similarly spacing ground moves is hard because of his super slow walk and rediculous opening dash.

jiggly has her bad points too. difficulty killing due to being out prioritiezed (not really lack of speed or kill power)
light weight, buts only a problem if you are getting hit and honestly jiggy is too manuverable and safe to be getting hit by most characters kill moves.At worst jiggs dies at percents similar to meta and GaW still bad but just a caculateable comparison. (lol calcutateable...)

But over all she just excels so much more in the areas you mentioned.
you can combo INTO KILLS with jiggly.
Jiggly is more mobile and agile than falcon.
better gimp game better aerial game than falcon. jiggly has a better grab than falcon and better throws. falcon's jabs and tilts are better than jigglies, but he short hop air game realy bolows him away in terms of safety I think
surviability comes in the form of stalling and air camping. It is much easier for jiggly to avoid confrontation than falcon.
Jigglies ability to atall off stage and wait for an opertune moment to recover is only matched by meta.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
How is there even a question?

If Jigg's supperior attributes fail to convince you, then her far better overall MU spread should. She goes at the very least even with Diddy and probably beats him by a small margin.

And what about the fact that her "gaying" capabilities are actually quite good?

Jiggs is FAR better then captain falcon.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Falcon's opening dash is horrible? No professional Falcon (lolprofessionalFalcon) is going to blindly run toward an opponent, just to stop infront of them and attack. That's why he has his amazing short hop ability that he can quickly fastfall with to approach however close he wishes. That, and he can use his NAIR while doing it so if he does manage to smack them in the face with the first hit Nair, he can use that 'oh-so horrible' dash of his to get a grab in. If not, he'll have completed his approach regardless, so the player can continue from there.

His attacks really aren't that hard to hit with either. Yes, his ground game could be better, but it's not nearly as pathetic as you're making it sound. Like Jigglypuff, he would just have to focus around his air game (which a player should be doing anyway). His ground game is good for spacing and punishing, and holds majority of his kill moves. Dtilt and Falcon Kick are pretty much garbage though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
jiggz is not WAY better than cf

if anything they're about even, cf may be a bit better

people underrate him because he has no reputation at all, except for wifi players who cant go to offline tournys

and acedude

jiggs ground game is ****, except for her grabs and dash attack

the only reason jiggs isn't the worst character in the game is her side b

and that ganon sucks, really, really, REALLY bad

-Mars-

Smash Hero
jiggz is not WAY better than cf

if anything they're about even, cf may be a bit better

people underrate him because he has no reputation at all, except for wifi players who cant go to offline tournys

and acedude

jiggs ground game is ****, except for her grabs and dash attack

the only reason jiggs isn't the worst character in the game is her side b

and that ganon sucks, really, really, REALLY bad
Your describing Jiggs here as well bro. Also, jiggs isn't a character who is going to be spending a lot of time on the ground, in case you haven't noticed, so saying her ground game sucks is rather irrelevant.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
There is no way Jiggz beats Diddy. No way.
Your describing Jiggs here as well bro. Also, jiggs isn't a character who is going to be spending a lot of time on the ground, in case you haven't noticed, so saying her ground game sucks is rather irrelevant.
s/he is in the air most of the fight nana comobo are much rarer in the match up. diddy is easy for jiggy to gimp. very easy.

She won't win by some huge margin, but its easy to see the advantages joggs has that most characters don't

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
There is no way Jiggz beats Diddy. No way.
Agreed. Though Jigglypuff stays in the air and can avoid Diddy's ground game (to an extent), I don't see how that's really a definite fact either. It might be about 45:55 in Diddy's favor at best.

Mario could move up...if anyone actually bothered to rep him besides Boss.
Ike is not worse then any character below him currently. And he should be +2 if anything on that tier list.
Mario could, should and probably will move up. He's been gaining more tournament rep, thankfully. I hate seeing how underrated he's been treated. He gives just about all of his match-ups a fair amount of difficulty. But like you said, he's just lacking the reputation. I'd actually like to see more Marios in the tournament seen.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Mario could move up...if anyone actually bothered to rep him besides Boss.
Ike is not worse then any character below him currently. And he should be +2 if anything on that tier list.
You know that D -tier in mine is probably the area i moved and changed the most, cause those are characters that are severly underrepped, and its hard to know who is better then who.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I can't help but find it kinda silly that people think Jigglypuff beats Diddy, even after talking to DMG and a few diddy players about it, as well as having a lot of Jigglypuff experience, myself.

Pound... edgeguarding... multiple jumps...
That's about it as far as I can tell.

I guess I need to see a competent Diddy player that knows the matchup lose to any Jigglypuff player before I'll change my views about it.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Just ignore them. If they don't get any responses, they'll stop asking... hopefully.
You do realize though a majority of them are probably people who just joined SWF and dont keep track of this thread to know its been asked 50billion times right? Like MT said let it go, they probably are just curious and didnt know, and I agree that maybe a note should be made in the OP that there is no set date for the next tier list release.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
You do realize though a majority of them are probably people who just joined SWF and dont keep track of this thread to know its been asked 50billion times right? Like MT said let it go, they probably are just curious and didnt know, and I agree that maybe a note should be made in the OP that there is no set date for the next tier list release.
Quote for truth.

When the tier list is made, it'll be posted. No need for people to KEEP ASKING about it constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom