• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I gave you an answer, and then you started saying things that I never said.
You've yet to refute my points. =/
You should know by now when it comes to Peach, i can never aggree with anything you say at all, nor to I approve with what/ how you think about Peach in the competitive world with this game. You said things about Peach and DK, and I gave my essay correcting you on it. Sorry, but you are one person I can never agree with. And I am sure you feel the same way about me.

I want some anwsers from more people that were in on this vote And know alot about this character. Or is it safe to say that not many people who voted know more than 50% of this character and what the deal really is.

Only legit answer I got so far was that it was voted. Something lead to that vote. I have the right to know.

Sky`

Smash Lord
You should know by now when it comes to Peach, i can never aggree with anything you say at all, nor to I approve with what/ how you think about Peach in the competitive world with this game. You said things about Peach and DK, and I gave my essay correcting you on it. Sorry, but you are one person I can never agree with. And I am sure you feel the same way about me.

I want some anwsers from more people that were in on this vote And know alot about this character. Or is it safe to say that not many people who voted know more than 50% of this character and what the deal really is.

Only legit answer I got so far was that it was voted. Something lead to that vote. I have the right to know.
I don't feel that way about you. Ever since I had that talk with M2K about your peach, I've been thinking differently about you.

Whether or not you feel that Peach should be higher, I'm not all that certain. Top of C tier is still viable, she did make a large Improvement. You can't really deny that. And she has nowhere to go but up at this point. =/

Additionally, I have extensive knowledge on Peach, whether you choose to agree with me or not. I was bringing M2K to his last stock, last hit, on the majority of the games we played together. Straight out of his mouth, "You'd be really good if you played a good character, but Peach is bad. Peach is an alright character." So I know I've got the potential as a smasher, and I know that I have the knowledge of my character, because I've pushed her to some limits.

And I agree with her being top of C. That's amazing.

Drk Pch, have you ever Played/beaten Atomisk?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Don't mean a thing to me at all. I play this game, I work my but off with this character, I'm in this community.

Man screw it, i'll just flat out say it since we are talking about the tier list. And I don't care what people gotta say about me or this post.

Back room (even with Edreese and Kos-Mos in there) Is Biased with this character and don't know alot about here. I asked My question for 2 reasons:

- To see how the SBR would defend themselfs towards the question, her placement and what they really know about Peach

- I knew others not in the SBR would join in and post on why she does not belong over DK. And thats what I wanted. So then I could see the typical types of Post on people (I dare say it it) who don't know alot about this character at all. Same junk I been hearing since the game came out. How does one expect to learn anything and get facts straight with his going on?

And I dare sit here and say what is known about Peach to her full extent is crap in there. but I am pretty sure Peach is not the only one. But I am speaking up for the character I main. The others can speak for thier main if they want.

I got so much with one simple question. I don't even see a reason to get happy that w/e character you main moved up. That could all be bias crap. I don't see a need to get mad or w/e a character is moved down. That could all be biased crap as well.

People can flame me for this post or insult me for it (as usual). It's w/e you people made this thread showing the list and allowing post. So I can bring my opinions and claims in here. And this is mines. I already got at DK, and as for Pit, what has he done more than Peach to get him a spot over her? This list was made with lil to no brains on some characters so just placed them on a lil ranked vote and boom, you have the list. I'm wrong you might say? I assuming I know it all even though I am not in there and an angry Peach fan that wants his main on top? The same can be said for the brains on this character in there which SBR has not proven they have at all.

also best I put this now. I am not angry or w/e, so lets get that out of your heads people. I'm just being serious and straight up real.

Edit: Sky, No I never played him.

Esca

Smash Champion
Don't mean a thing to me at all. I play this game, I work my but off with this character, I'm in this community.

Man screw it, i'll just flat out say it since we are talking about the tier list. And I don't care what people gotta say about me or this post.

Back room (even with Edreese and Kos-Mos in there) Is Biased with this character and don't know alot about here. I asked My question for 2 reasons:

- To see how the SBR would defend themselfs towards the question, her placement and what they really know about Peach

- I knew others not in the SBR would join in and post on why she does not belong over DK. And thats what I wanted. So then I could see the typical types of Post on people (I dare say it it) who don't know alot about this character at all. Same junk I been hearing since the game came out. How does one expect to learn anything and get facts straight with his going on?

And I dare sit here and say what is known about Peach to her full extent is crap in there. but I am pretty sure Peach is not the only one. But I am speaking up for the character I main. The others can speak for thier main if they want.

I got so much with one simple question. I don't even see a reason to get happy that w/e character you main moved up. That could all be bias crap. I don't see a need to get mad or w/e a character is moved down. That could all be biased crap as well.

People can flame me for this post or insult me for it (as usual). It's w/e you people made this thread showing the list and allowing post. So I can bring my opinions and claims in here. And this is mines. I already got at DK, and as for Pit, what has he done more than Peach to get him a spot over her? This list was made with lil to no brains on some characters so just placed them on a lil ranked vote and boom, you have the list. I'm wrong you might say? I assuming I know it all even though I am not in there and an angry Peach fan that wants his main on top? The same can be said for the brains on this character in there which SBR has not proven they have at all.

also best I put this now. I am not angry or w/e, so lets get that out of your heads people. I'm just being serious and straight up real.

Edit: Sky, No I never played him.
I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down sir.

Have you ever played a good Pit?

Sky`

Smash Lord
I'm gonna have to ask you to calm down sir.

Have you ever played a good Pit?
I have.

And Pits are amazingly scary. ^_^

Peach doesn't have many tools to approach pit, but it's doable. I won that match, 2-0, but it was hard as hell. X]

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Truth be told, I don't see much in store for Kirby's future; he's a solid character that's held back by fairly-bad movement and a general playstyle that can't vary too much.

What does everyone else think about Kirby?
I personally think he has pretty decent movement speed. Sure, his dashing speed isn't the greatest (or near great, either), but it's just enough to give you that surprise dashgrab/hyphen usmash you crave at times. And well, the aerial speed, he's mostly rising and falling, much like MK when he decides to not use specials.

Although, it hurts me to say so, but if Kirbies can't find a way to change the metagame than what it already is (i don't know what it is, seriously), there won't be much rising. I still believe he has some unseen-in-tourney-play potential, but without being able to prove that with my own two hands at a decent tourney-sized event, I won't be getting anywhere with that opinion.

I still see ZSS rising the next tier list... I might not be a "great" ZSS mainer, but the research and experimenting the other SWF ZSS-mains have been doing appeal to me in a positive manner, here's hoping it all pays out in the end. :D

EDIT: Oh, and... I'm saving up money so i can go to an USA tourney next year sometime and challenge as many people as possible with my kirby! :O

Here's proof kirby needs to go up. ;)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

bigman40

Smash Master
Seriously. Why is it such a problem to see a character placed at the incorrect spot? I mean, I ****ing play Yoshi, and I'm constantly told about all the ****ty things he has. Do I care where he's at? Nope. So stop trying to make this seem like it's ludicrous to see your character in the wrong placement.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Seriously. Why is it such a problem to see a character placed at the incorrect spot? I mean, I ****ing play Yoshi, and I'm constantly told about all the ****ty things he has. Do I care where he's at? Nope. So stop trying to make this seem like it's ludicrous to see your character in the wrong placement.
Some people care, especially when they know in their heart of hearts that they're right; that's it's practically injustice to have their character below CLEARLY inferior ones.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
*ahem*

Dark.pch.

Instead of whining about how underappreciated your character is, why don't you step up and start making an example of Peach, instead of being relentlessly mediocre.

edit: Just like Peach. Zing!

Sky`

Smash Lord
*ahem*

Dark.pch.

Instead of whining about how underappreciated your character is, why don't you step up and start making an example of Peach, instead of being relentlessly mediocre.

Lmfao @ Zing!

But I have to agree. I'm not agreeing with the 'you're mediocre' part, cause I've never played you, but If you want to prove all of this, why not just prove it in tournament?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
*ahem*

Dark.pch.

Whinning. You dont know the difference between that and being straight real. Dammit, I fed the troll.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Dark.Pch, Peach just isn't very good. She's not bad but she's not amazing either. The SBR isn't biased, Peach just isn't as good as you seem to think. :x I think she's in the right place.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The list is just an average of votes. Meaning that there is approximately an equal number of people who think the character should be higher as there are who should be lower in the SBR.

So people saying "Peach isn't as good as you think" is completely wrong. There are people in the SBR who think Peach could be higher I'm sure. And I'm sure there are people in the SBR who think she could be lower.

The same applies for almost every character. It's PAINFULLY obvious that Wario is NOT agreed to be the third best in the game (his average was 4.68). It's just this is the collective averages of the opinions of those deemed intelligent enough to be in the SBR.

People really need to start taking this list for what it is.
This isn't "the SBR thinks wario is the third best in the game".
It's "the collective opinion of the SBR is that in comparison to other characters, only MK and Snake are agreed to be better than Wario."

:/

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
While I respect yours and everyone elses opinions, for someone like me who breaths this character like fresh air, I just can't sit here and agree with that at all.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
While I respect yours and everyone elses opinions, for someone like me who breaths this character like fresh air, I just can't sit here and agree with that at all.
Well, what else can be said?

Welcome to SmashBoards.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Ankoku, you are in the SBR right.

I want an answer from you for my question I asked before.
Your specific question was why Peach is below Pit and Donkey Kong, right? While I cannot explain the rest of the SBR's votes, I know that I voted Peach into category 2 (1 being the best and 5 being the worst) while I voted Pit and DK into category 3. The majority clearly did not agree with me on this. The average being 2.73, it seems Peach is on the upper end of the "middle of middle," seeing a little more voting toward complete average than above. Meanwhile, Pit and DK had averages of 2.24 and 2.27, respectively, showing a majority vote for category 2.

That's the most definite answer I can give you for why Peach is below Pit and DK. As for why people voted her below, I would say it's because the majority of regions have seen either more or better Pit and DK representation than Peach.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Your specific question was why Peach is below Pit and Donkey Kong, right? While I cannot explain the rest of the SBR's votes, I know that I voted Peach into category 2 (1 being the best and 5 being the worst) while I voted Pit and DK into category 3. The majority clearly did not agree with me on this. The average being 2.73, it seems Peach is on the upper end of the "middle of middle," seeing a little more voting toward complete average than above. Meanwhile, Pit and DK had averages of 2.24 and 2.27, respectively, showing a majority vote for category 2.

That's the most definite answer I can give you for why Peach is below Pit and DK. As for why people voted her below, I would say it's because the majority of regions have seen either more or better Pit and DK representation than Peach.
A little OT I suppose, but did you arrange the voting process? I think it's much better this way than to simply have everyone rank characters 1-37, as those can sometimes end up with people haphazardly placing characters in places they don't belong. Kudos to whoever came up with the voting process this time around.

Back on topic, I think Kirby has potential to move up (assuming some innovative play from Kirby mains), as he has inherently good qualities (as some have already said) and pretty good matchups with the upper tier in general. However, I think it's more likely that he'll go down on a list, as I can't see him passing anyone above him with the possible exception of ROB, while I can see some below him passing him up (ZSS or any of her tier and the tier below, possibly others).

I think Reflex is right - he feels a little sluggish, especially in the air. It just seems like it's a bit difficult to effectively punish someone for a mistake with Kirby compared to, say, ZSS or Wario. He racks damage well, kills well, but it seems like he has to initiate the action to a greater extent than others.

Why do all of my posts keep turning into nonsensical rambling today?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
A little OT I suppose, but did you arrange the voting process? I think it's much better this way than to simply have everyone rank characters 1-37, as those can sometimes end up with people haphazardly placing characters in places they don't belong. Kudos to whoever came up with the voting process this time around.
Why thank you. And yes, that is exactly the reason I organized the voting process this way.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Why thank you. And yes, that is exactly the reason I organized the voting process this way.
Why you're welcome.

Could I make one suggestion regarding the way you reported the results? Maybe include the standard deviations for the voting on each character as well (how many voters are there in the SBR?) so that we can see how much the voting on each character varied. I think it would be interesting to see which high/mid/low-tiered characters the SBR was more unanimous on, and which had votes all over the place.

You could run all other sorts of stats on it too, like an ANOVA to see which characters were "significantly" higher than others statistically, but your data is just an average of voter scores, which is pretty subjective anyway. At least with the standard deviations you'd get a baseline idea of how much discrepancy there was in the voting for any particular character.

Edit: I realized I just asked you to do more work when you already obviously have done quite a lot to put this together. I'd be willing to put the stats together and send them to you if you sent me the data.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

Ok thanks. I know what went on here. But of course I still say More brains on peach too full detail and extent needs to be in there with these list. That's how I feel anyway. I say she belongs over Pit and DK and she is right on the money for now. She is not all of that but she is sure as hell not under those 2. For going All Peach in tournaments, you tend to learn alot more than from those who counterpick characters for Peach. Wether I dont do too hawt in tournies as of now, I still get that experiences that some don't dare try to go for with peach 100x Those each time I go in a match with these hard characters. I learned what works and does not work, then apply it to some more stuff. I been at this for lil over a year.

This is what I can debate and get hardcore into detail with peach, her match ups, and advice. And another reason I don't wanna counterpick characters in tournaments. cause i wont learn much about Peach vs them doing that. And I am glad I don't I learn so much stuff this way, win or lose. I risk my neck out to find stuff out going all Peach over and over. So I can say for sure if I can write up book reports for small things, I know the deal.

I tell peach players how Peach goes even with falco and go hard into detail on how and what she can do. And of course People wont buy that. (save the post I already know what will be said) I can say something And back it up with details and i'll go into frame detail if I have to. Same Goes for Peach out camping snakes. (yea yea I already what will be said, save it people). I say Peach Vs him is even. But I am gonna leave that 60/40 for now, though I dont agree with that one. I'll prove that no problem, but now is not the tie, so snake can have it for all I care.

I did my Job on here as a Peach main, tournament player (well not anymore, last saturday was the last tournament I will even go to and enter) and a member of this community. I said my text book of Peace on Peach to the SBR and everyone else. Long as I did my thing that's all that matters But I had to set down the foundation, cause i can't just see peach go out like that with a weak to no fight at all. She really deserves better than what I have seen and been hearing around here. And this is not some fan boy post. this is me bring 1005 on this stuff.

Thats about all I have to say on this matter. I'll keep doing what I do as a Peach main and Peach debater on the Peach forums. There is nothing else I can do in here anymore. I'll let the SBR do what they do.

All this debating was sure fun as hell. it has been a while since i got into a debate where it is like 100 against one, hahaha!

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
"That said, don't give up hope! Just because your character isn't ranked at or near the top, doesn't mean you can't do fantastic things with them with enough talent and effort. We do not publish this list to encourage players to change their main tournament character. If anything, it should serve as a challenge to take the game to the next level. "

-M3D

That was from the first tier list thread. Please stop *****ing about your character's spot and keep trying to pull them up. **** like this happens in EVERY tier list thread.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
I think Peach is good but not an amazing character. She does have obvious, criplling flaws to her character. I do think shes better than DK and perhaps Pit tho.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yoshi. Here I go Bigman, Lil B, Bwett, etc.

Yoshi... is underrated SLIGHTLY. Let me repeat that. I honestly think Yoshi can be a bit higher, but he's not gonna make a "Sonic" jump up the list. There are some characters I think will always be a bit higher than Yoshi, like Ness, Lucas, PT, Sonic, and Shiek, among others that are fairly close to him on the tier list. I do think he has the potential to rise over Mario and possibly over someone like Zelda if she dropped on the list. Aside from that though, sadly Yoshi will probably either stay in this spot for awhile or jump/move down a spot (I think Jiggs could go over Yoshi, but it's more of a speculation, considering Yoshi has better tournament representation).

I think the problem a lot of Yoshi's have is that unconsciously they form bad habits that make them a bit predictable with their character. I'll give an example of Bwett. He's a good Yoshi, actually a very good Yoshi, but one day Me and Kosmos sat down, played 2-3 games with him, and pointed out his edge/recovery game right down to the mark. We knew when he would try to save his eggs for recovering, how many he would use from the edge, whether he would try to attack or airdodge the first time around when he got up and then what he would do the second time around as well as where he would try to land. Needless to say, after we pointed that out, Bwett thought about what to do for a bit and then he came back and mixed up his game play with considerably better success than what he had before.

We also pointed out things on stage like when we thought he would run and Usmash us, trying to get the kill. After awhile he changed up the way he played considerably and made it much harder to fight Yoshi safely.

Really that's the biggest flaw I've noticed out of Yoshi, is that his player will probably have some bad tendencies that he didn't really think of or that he thought were best until someone points them out. Aside from his bad OOS game and a bit of trouble he has killing, he has some overall solid defensive game play that I think could be utilized better/safer.

D

Deleted member

Ive noticed thats happened to me DMG, so ive been comaining G&W to help balance out my gameplay and stuffz.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That's always been most Yoshi's problems. Predictability. He is very easy to form habits with.

bigman40

Smash Master
Thx DMG. Even though I probably don't agree with everything (probably a little fanboyism from me, or the fact that I play different and no one has had a good chance to play my way of playing Yoshi), there's alot of things I really agree with. :)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Your style of Yoshi is completely different. When we meet up, if stroupes ever gets with it, I'm gonna have to try the way you play. It'd have my own twists, such as a lot more eggs. But, your style is so different it's almost like you're not fighting Yoshi. If that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom