• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kage Me

Smash Ace
...Whoa, hold on.

The list was created by the SBR-B after much heated discussion. For the votes, we had members place the characters in groups from 1 to 15 (15 being the highest) and took the average score for each character.
Now, I'm very aware that Meta Knight is broken, but a perfect score? Everybody gave him 15/15, the highest score possible? It's not like he's without his flaws either, mind... Poor air speed and low weight being the most important.

On another note, I'm glad none of my characters are Top Tier anymore. I hated it when everyone assumed I played R.O.B. just because of that...

kr3wman

Smash Master
...Whoa, hold on.

Now, I'm very aware that Meta Knight is broken, but a perfect score? Everybody gave him 15/15, the highest score possible? It's not like he's without his flaws either, mind... Poor air speed and low weight being the most important.

On another note, I'm glad none of my characters are Top Tier anymore. I hated it when everyone assumed I played R.O.B. just because of that...
Why would anyone give MK a lower score than 15?

He is the best character in this game.

Tenki

Smash Hero
...Whoa, hold on.

Being top of the top doesn't make you unbeatable, as some people have thought. He's just the 'undisputed' overall best character.

Conversely, being bottom of the bottom doesn't make your character a sandbag either, as a large majority think of Capt. Falcon. It just means he's comparably worse than the other characters.

He gets a 2 because he is a boob.
Seriously, the mask is a nipple protector.

lollll

Kage Me

Smash Ace
Why would anyone give MK a lower score than 15?

He is the best character in this game.
Yes, but he has a vulnerability to Star KOs, some characters can severely hinder his approach, his air speed makes him somewhat vulnerable to projectile spamming when in mid-air...
What I'm trying to say is that Meta Knight isn't perfect, and for that reason shouldn't get a perfect 15,00.

On a completely unrelated note, should Zelda/Sheik be counted as a seperate entity on the next list, as well as the two independent forms? They're easy to switch between, and doing so can actually work very well in certain match-ups...

kr3wman

Smash Master
It´s not about being perfect.

He´s the best character in this game and everyone knows it.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Falco top of class A ftw! :D and plus right behind MK and Snake, too bad wolf dropped :(

Edit: Using the term "Classes" for sections instead of tiers can work better(instead of C tier, Class C for example) and tier SS can be called Class U(Unlimited or Ultimate) if needed

Boxob.

Smash Lord
I think enough people have covered it at this point.

But just to keep the same answer coming, Does that mean MK is perfect?

But really, I'm surprised to see Mario as low as he is.

:093:

Frown

poekmon
900 posts in 24 hours...

Whoa.

I think enough people have covered it at this point.

But just to keep the same answer coming, Does that mean MK is perfect?

But really, I'm surprised to see Mario as low as he is.

No, it means all SBR members thought he was the best character.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Still what is up with Yoshi.

Last time all I got was that he cant jump out of his shield. So? That doest not mean that he should be put into that low of a tier. Give some real reasons.

Conti

Smash Ace
Hmm, I love Metaknight, but he doesnt deserve his own Tier (I LOL'd at Library when i saw this), (side note neither does snake, their shud be like a Top3 Tier or something cuz having their own tier is ********), also i want to see Diddy Move Up more, im glad to seem him in A but i want him be Top 4 at least,... also Pit (my old main) moved down, hmm im not sure what to say cuz i recently tryd using him yesterday and realized that he is alot of fun, but not that great... =[ wish he was better...
I would like to see Fox move up some too, maybe let wolf drop a spot or two, idk theres alot going on, i agree with about half this list, and disagree with half....

I Main MK but no character is perfect, if MK was perfect he would have infinte jumps, a healing ability and infinite B moves that dont cause him to free fall... Lawl... I would love to see that perfect character

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Hmm, I love Metaknight, but he doesnt deserve his own Tier (I LOL'd at Library when i saw this), (side note neither does snake, their shud be like a Top3 Tier or something cuz having their own tier is ********), also i want to see Diddy Move Up more, im glad to seem him in A but i want him be Top 4 at least,... also Pit (my old main) moved down, hmm im not sure what to say cuz i recently tryd using him yesterday and realized that he is alot of fun, but not that great... =[ wish he was better...
I would like to see Fox move up some too, maybe let wolf drop a spot or two, idk theres alot going on, i agree with about half this list, and disagree with half....

I Main MK but no character is perfect, if MK was perfect he would have infinte jumps, a healing ability and infinite B moves that dont cause him to free fall... Lawl... I would love to see that perfect character
Give me a good reason why he doesn't. According to the point value, he was the undisputed best character in the game. NOBODY put him anywhere below first. If a character is that unquestioned as to his position, he is not going to move. Therefore, he should get his own tier. Tiers basically link up characters of equal potential. MK should get his own tier since he is unquestionably (at this point) the best character. Snake is pretty much unquestionable second, which is why he receives his own tier. Falco, Dedede, Marth, Game and Watch, and Diddy are more disputed and could switch around, but are most likely going to stay in a group above the rest. Don't lol at tiers before you even understand what they are.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I main MK, too, and think he should stay in that spot.

To state what others already said: It's not about MK being a perfect character. The 15.00 as a digit means, that everyone in the SBRB agreed that he's the best character.

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly agree with Skyshroud.

bogsnes

Smash Rookie
Yoshi really deserves to be higher...
He has ATs (even something close to wavedashing, just harder)
He has Chaingrab (even against MK, and an infinite against Wario + he can connect it to U smash against some chars, including those).
He has a useful projectile, a good air game, a combo breaker in Nair, Dair REALLY damages if you can land it perfectly + it combos into Nair if you are still in the air, Fair meteor smash, Bair with very good range, fast and useful tilts, he can even SH double Uairs.
He also has an improved B-down and a shield that almost nothing gets through

And his problems are...
No jumping out of shield, and some problems killing (at least for me)
that's all it takes to be so low?
Most of his Matchups are almost equal, so he think he should be much higher

Zylar

Smash Ace
Give me a good reason why he doesn't. According to the point value, he was the undisputed best character in the game. NOBODY put him anywhere below first. If a character is that unquestioned as to his position, he is not going to move. Therefore, he should get his own tier. Tiers basically link up characters of equal potential. MK should get his own tier since he is unquestionably (at this point) the best character. Snake is pretty much unquestionable second, which is why he receives his own tier. Falco, Dedede, Marth, Game and Watch, and Diddy are more disputed and could switch around, but are most likely going to stay in a group above the rest. Don't lol at tiers before you even understand what they are.
Also there is a huge point difference between metaknight and snake, thus the tier was created.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
As close to a neutral matchup as you're gonna get.
I like this guy. Sensible. He doesn't think 60:40 in favor of Metaknight is neutral, either.

Anyway.

Spudz, you may think that being unable to jump out-of-shield is a buncha tripe and is not a good character flaw right? Well, for a game like Brawl, the reality is simple: Yes, that is a bad flaw to have. This is a defense-oriented game. I'm not saying anybody is going to sit there and throw bubbles up when they're in trouble (you should be moving most of the time for spacing/zoning purposes) but other characters at least have the option of getting the hell out of dodge if they're being pressured. Yoshi has to either roll out of the way (Egg Time roll is not as effective as it was in Melee), do a shieldgrab (pivot grabbing with Yoshi is amazing, but definitely not standing grabs out of shield), or Smash (correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Yoshi's Forward Smash and Up-Smash have slight wind-up lag? I know down-smash comes out and sweeps a large area on both sides very quickly).

I dunno.

Smooth Criminal

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I still can't believe Edreeses said that Sonic mains need to step it up in tournies.

After everyone here agrees, even Sonic haters, that he overperforms in tournies. How does he step it up, exactly? Does he need to have results comparable to Falco's for people to start caring? He beats everyone in the old low tier and most mid tiers.

I know that tourney results are probably the least determining factor in the tier list, but I really don't buy it. We're forced to looking at skewed match-up opinions by people who don't know what the **** they're talking about when it comes to Sonic. I mean, he's a bad character, so it's not worth learning the match up or even debating it, right? 65:35 advantage because we just can. Whereas tournament results show what is actually happening in the metagame minus all the ridiculous statements on here, but obviously they're not important.

I'd like to cap this mini rant off by saying, even though Edreeses admitted earlier in this thread that he didn't really take ANY low tiers tourney results into account, he wants proof with tournament results for a low tier character that Sonic warrants better then he's made out to be, even though said evidence has been shown, explained and disregarded over 9000 ****ing times. I wanted to find something in this thread that was epic fail, and I found it. Cheers, Edreeses.

<3 for playing Peach still, but that was a dumb move.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
I looked at this tier list and noticed right away that there were a large number of Tiers, obviously an excessive amount.

Reading over the description I see that one reasoning is that a smaller number would be "misleading", though I don't see how that is of any merit. Additionally it is mentioned that the number of Tiers came from 'gaps' in the votes. Obviously this nearly random way of creating Tiers is not very effective in displaying how highly ranked a character is relative to its Tier Group. Thus it would seem to be more 'misleading' than a smaller number of tiers that are more easily recognizable to those perusing the list.

I am hoping to see the upcoming June Tier List include format changes to improve on the actual Tier groups resulting in a more easily recognizable and effective display.

My thanks to everyone who worked to put this together. -^_^-

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I still laughed when second only to Falcon, was his copycat.

Edit:

as to the above poster...

It seems such things like giving MK his own rank were mostly due to showing that giving per say MK Snake and Falco the top tier wouldn't as reasonably describe the difference in how much better overall Meta Knight is than Snake, and Snake than Falco.

Not that I agree, it just seems they wanted to show us the gaps more clearly.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
I looked at this tier list and noticed right away that there were a large number of Tiers, obviously an excessive amount.

Reading over the description I see that one reasoning is that a smaller number would be "misleading", though I don't see how that is of any merit. Additionally it is mentioned that the number of Tiers came from 'gaps' in the votes. Obviously this nearly random way of creating Tiers is not very effective in displaying how highly ranked a character is relative to its Tier Group. Thus it would seem to be more 'misleading' than a smaller number of tiers that are more easily recognizable to those perusing the list.

I am hoping to see the upcoming June Tier List include format changes to improve on the actual Tier groups resulting in a more easily recognizable and effective display.

My thanks to everyone who worked to put this together. -^_^-
t!Mmy: I believe the point gaps were created by the voting. MK was the undisputed number 1, so he had a decent gap. Snake was almost unquestionable 2nd, so he got his own tier. After that, the numbers got more messy, but one GROUP seemed to pull out, so they got their own tier. So on and so forth. The point gaps are just the numerical representation of this.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
t!Mmy: I believe the point gaps were created by the voting. MK was the undisputed number 1, so he had a decent gap. Snake was almost unquestionable 2nd, so he got his own tier. After that, the numbers got more messy, but one GROUP seemed to pull out, so they got their own tier. So on and so forth. The point gaps are just the numerical representation of this.
Yeah you basically covered what I was trying to say.

fallenangemon0

Smash Journeyman
As I said in the Jigglypuff forums. The burden of proof for the viablity of low tier characters falls on their mains.

Good luck low tiers!

We'll need it :p

Seriously though... Jiggs players are starting to get serious.
srsly

10srslys

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I so called Link moving up to 4th from the bottom.

I'm awesome.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Tenki...you're almost as bad as Boxob.

ALMOST.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
As close to a neutral matchup as you're gonna get.
QFT

I Out of all my characters, Yoshi has the best chance against MK, heck in my opinion, the only character in Brawl that is better against MK would be Diddy, and that is a maybe.

blackfox51

Smash Cadet
it's funny how people are kinda wondering why there are so many tiers or that the voting was stupid

face it people, the tier list stands as a testament to how unbalanced the game still is. Sakurai could act like "taking out" the glitches and changing the physics actually did something, but the game is far from balanced. Nerfs, brokeness, and trips are what contributed to this tier list, explaining the many tiers and points given to each character

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Get to it n00bs, if we have to help you beat our low-tier character with the Meta Knight Game, that's when you know something is wrong.

The only thing really wrong with that thread is that it should've gone in the MK boards, like seriously.

Are we really the ones that have to "step it up?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom