• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
I placed 9th at WCSL using Peach and Ness. I do represent Ness in most of the tournies I go to. Infact, not that it really means anything for the tier list, but one time I beat Typh using Ness as a matter of fact ;)

Also I don't know how Ness and Lucas ended up tied. Lots of people voted them separtely. Infact I put 4 characters in between them.
This. Thank you Edreese.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
If I remember correctly, I explained why Sheik/Zelda should be considered one character in the tier list. It's wrong to assume that because they were separate in Melee, they should be separate in Brawl as well.
What about giving Zelda, Shiek and Zelda/Shiek one Place ?

And what about Samus->Zamus ?

We also could put the PKMNs of the trainer alone not together. And there could be the solo climber in the list. But are we really need this ?

JUST A LOGICAL THEORY (if we wouldnt know smashbros. and just use math)

Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44

So with zelda/shiek it would be:

Zelda 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Zelda/shiek (6,74)
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44

OR:

Zelda 7.03
zelda/Shiek 7.03
Bowser 6.91
Fox 6.66
Sheik 6.44

BECAUSE when zelda is better everyone would only fight with her :p

BUT we know SSBB is more than just math. So I think Zelda/Shiek would be higher than both of them alone ;)

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
Haha @ Snowstalker's post. I'm such a tier *****, picking Peach and Ness!

Also, it's fine to take issues with the list but there's no need to take personal issues with backroom members, like insinuating things like us being highschool students (I'm 24 as well) All you accomplish is looking bad and any substance of what you have to say (such as good reasons why your character is misrepresented) would be lost and that's not what you want.

•Col•

Smash Champion
BUT we know SSBB is more than just math. So I think Zelda/Shiek would be higher than both of them alone ;)
I think they would be higher together too.... Especially considering that most of the time if you come to a bad matchup with Shiek/Zelda, you can switch to the other and it won't be nearly as bad, or maybe even to your advantage.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Hmmm...

Not even Fox got a perfect score in Melee. Don't you think giving MK a 15/15 is a bit...much?
the 15/15 doesn't mean he is a perfect character. Just that it is clear he is the best.
Fox and Marth were each 9.9 (though Fox was SLIGHTLY higher, like 9.90something) because those voting felt differently about who was the best in the game.
There is no doubt that MK is the top character in Brawl right now, he has some weaknesses but that doesn't determine what his score is.

unwelc0med

Smash Journeyman
2nd

and you misplaced captain falcon. it's clearly delineated he should be be SSS tier.

D

Deleted member

Its good for the upper tiers i think, goin lower its probably worse than before imo.

How the **** did yoshi move DOWN!
He was too low to begin with!

-Ran

Smash Master
You don't go to war with the Tier list you want. You got to war with the Tier list you have.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Zelda/Sheik are separate because you can play solely as one or the other. Some people wanted another entry for Zelda+Sheik, but there wasn't enough support for it.
That's not a good reason. Did you guys even discuss it?

What about giving Zelda, Shiek and Zelda/Shiek one Place ?

[+ long post]
That's called redundancy.

I've had SEVERAL discussions about Sheik/Zelda. One in particular was in the Sheik boards. I thought I "won" the debate per se, and I thought it was good enough of an argument to include them together in a tier list as well as a matchup chart.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=174741&page=41

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
lol link moved up GOOD JOB LINK MAINERS!!!!

(special thx to aurashade, deva, arkive, legan, blubba, izaw, sasook, and all other active memebers of the link boards)

risemix

Smash Apprentice
After seeing what Zero Suit Samus is capable of it's hard to believe this list is anywhere near legit, sorry.

I mean, she's no MK, but Snakeee, Claw, and others can hang with the big boys with no problem. Top of D Tier? Try again.

•Col•

Smash Champion
my character isn't high enough and am thus furious and think this list is fail

amidoinitrite
no u gotta give at least 2 tiny reasons of y ur char shuld move up 10 spaces, and then insult the backroomers moar

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
That's not a good reason. Did you guys even discuss it?
Yes it is. It doesn't necessarily mean there shouldn't be a Zelda+Sheik, in case that's what you thought I meant, but Zelda and Sheik should clearly each have her own spot at least.

Top of D Tier? Try again.
To those of you who have told us "No. Try again," thanks for your input. We'll take it into consideration, and maybe sometime soon we'll release an Official SBR-B Tier List v2.0, 2nd Try.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
no u gotta give at least 2 tiny reasons of y ur char shuld move up 10 spaces, and then insult the backroomers moar
Give me a break. Tier lists aren't popularity contests, they are supposed to give players an idea of which characters currently perform the best in-game. This list is in many cases factually incorrect. Sorry.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Im not surprised olimar moved up, but to move up to the top 10?
That's pretty crazy.

bigman40

Smash Master
Actually, he was going to be bottom tier because the preferred tier list (before I made mine) used point intervals instead of gaps. It wasn't a conscious decision.
Lower-tier characters are tough, sure. But I'm not exactly sure what you're suggesting--there's no practical way to rank the lower characters other than by voting.

By all means, having more SBR members who play low-tier characters would be great. I encourage all of you who have a brain and care about the game to apply. That is, as long as your posts don't look like this:
Point intervals? You're probably right in stating that there's no practical way to justify their placements...........but...........voting just doesn't sit right with me.

Before, I haven't been in any form to see a true feel of how characters are in offline tournaments, but now I'm slowly getting some tourneys around me. You'll probably never see my posts look like that either unless I completely lost it :laugh: I'll probably apply when I feel like looking at the other characters meta-game, and get to more tourneys (which both should start soon).

fox219

Smash Journeyman
GO TIER LIST!!!!!!! FALCO AND MARTH PWN! Why did Fox go down? Yoshi too. Captain Falcon must rise! FALCON PAUUNCH!!!

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Rabble rabble rabble new tier list rabble rabble. Give it a rest. I hate how so many people think that the tier lists are based off of how "good" a character is. It's based off of tournament results. You cannot control where your character is going to be (for the most part). And seriously, who cares? Even if Marth went lower than Falcon, I really don't think that would stop me from maining him. If you're better than a player, then any matchup good or bad to your character can be won. This should just be showing you how these characters place in tournaments. It's not meant to tell you which characters suck and which don't, it's just showing you where they stand in tournament play, and perhaps even saying that people just don't use that certain character much in tournaments. This thread is not meant to be World War III because your character isn't higher on the list.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
Rabble rabble rabble new tier list rabble rabble. Give it a rest. I hate how so many people think that the tier lists are based off of how "good" a character is. It's based off of tournament results. You cannot control where your character is going to be (for the most part). And seriously, who cares? Even if Marth went lower than Falcon, I really don't think that would stop me from maining him. If you're better than a player, then any matchup good or bad to your character can be won. This should just be showing you how these characters place in tournaments. It's not meant to tell you which characters suck and which don't, it's just showing you where they stand in tournament play, and perhaps even saying that people just don't use that certain character much in tournaments. This thread is not meant to be World War III because your character isn't higher on the list.
Agreed!!!!!!!! Nice summary!

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Its good for the upper tiers i think, goin lower its probably worse than before imo.

How the **** did yoshi move DOWN!
He was too low to begin with!
I agree and same with the puff. And this list is probably the worst done by format and everything overall. The way it was done, the ranking system itself, and the results all say this list isn't worth anything.

Agreed!!!!!!!! Nice summary!
And no they shouldn't be. Not at this stage in the game. Its way too early to base it off tournament results. Wait another year and then sure. But at the moment, basing it strictly off tournaments is stupid.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
To those of you who have told us "No. Try again," thanks for your input. We'll take it into consideration, and maybe sometime soon we'll release an Official SBR-B Tier List v2.0, 2nd Try.
Snark is apparently in this season!

risemix

Smash Apprentice
I agree and same with the puff. And this list is probably the worst done by format and everything overall. The way it was done, the ranking system itself, and the results all say this list isn't worth anything.
This is an important point. "kk guyz if u think meta knight rox raise ur hand ^.^"

Right.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
This is an important point. "kk guyz if u think meta knight rox raise ur hand ^.^"

Right.
Exactly. It should have been done at this point in the game by evaluating the potential of each character and then working together to discover a placement. Go for who has the most potential, and then continue with the other characters. Divy it up for top, high, mid, low and bottom where they saw fit. Terrible format.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Give me a break. Tier lists aren't popularity contests, they are supposed to give players an idea of which characters currently perform the best in-game. This list is in many cases factually incorrect. Sorry.
Please, explain to me how this list is factually incorrect when it was taken from tournament results? Did people lie about tournament results to get their pixel character higher on a list for a game? Hardly. I don't think the creators of the tier list just decided to take random information and make it official. They must have based it off of something....and it was probably something like....oh yes! Tournament results! Unless you also care to explain how results are not legitimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom