• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i think that should only be dumb for mid and low tiers, because with top, high and bottom tiers, its easier to tell which characters are actually better than who in their own tier

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Prediction time! Not what I want, but what I think will happen.

SS Tier
Meta Knight

S Tier
Snake

A Tier
King Dedede
Falco
Diddy Kong
Wario
Marth

B Tier
Mr.G&W
Olimar
Pikachu
ROB

C Tier
Lucario
Kirby
Ice Climbers
ZSS

D Tier
DK
Toon Link
Peach
Pit
Luigi

E Tier
Wolf
Zelda
Bowser
Fox
Sheik
Ike

F Tier
Ness
Lucas
Mario
Sonic
Pokémon Trainer
Samus
Yoshi

G Tier
Link
Jigglypuff
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ness and Lucas over Mario?
Now that's just silly.

F Tier
Sonic
Mario
Ness
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Samus

RDK

Smash Hero
Wow, Lucario above Kirby and IC's? LOL. Keep trying; eventually it's bound to come out right.

Although I've been wrong before.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
My list:

S Tier:
Metaknight
Snake

A Tier:
King Dedede
Diddy Kong
Wario
Falco
Marth
Game and Watch

B Tier:
Olimar
ROB
Pikachu
Ice Climbers

C Tier:
Kirby
Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link

D Tier:
Donkey Kong
Pit
Peach
Luigi

E Tier:
Wolf
Zelda
Sheik
Bowser
Ike
Fox

F Tier:
Sonic
Ness
Mario
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Samus

G Tier:
Jigglypuff
Link
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ness and Lucas over Mario?
Now that's just silly.

F Tier
Sonic
Mario
Ness
Lucas
Pokemon Trainer
Yoshi
Samus
I said what I think will happen, not what I want.

Honestly, there has been at least some small amount of hype increase about Ness and Lucas thanks to Reflex using Lucas. Mario has just sunk lower and lower. While tournament results don't make much of a difference, (looks at Sonic's high results, looks at Bowser's low results. It appears to affect about one spot max IMO), they still do play a factor. Mario hasn't done anything outside of tournament results, I honestly feel he's going to move down.

Sonic and PT both move up a spot due to tournament results.

And yes, Lucario will still be above those two. He's still very good, it's just that he was tied with Olimar before, but now Pikachu has those new CGs. Olimar I feel will stay above Pikachu for some random reason.

ICs got a hype boost from Lain beating M2K and sending him into losers.

Besides all of that, not much will change.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I said what I think will happen, not what I want.

Honestly, there has been at least some small amount of hype increase about Ness and Lucas thanks to Reflex using Lucas. Mario has just sunk lower and lower. While tournament results don't make much of a difference, (looks at Sonic's high results, looks at Bowser's low results. It appears to affect about one spot max IMO), they still do play a factor. Mario hasn't done anything outside of tournament results, I honestly feel he's going to move down.
I love how hype affects your list. Mario hasn't done anything outside of tournament results? As big of a lie as that is, I still think it's pretty funny. Mario has garbage results. We're secretly better that Ankoku's list says, we have a lot of results, more than I originally thought.

Sonic and PT both move up a spot due to tournament results.
Is that how your tier list works? Moar tounay results = 1 moar spot in low teer.

And yes, Lucario will still be above those two. He's still very good, it's just that he was tied with Olimar before, but now Pikachu has those new CGs. Olimar I feel will stay above Pikachu for some random reason.
This is why our opinions don't matter. There's so many people that don't have an understanding of every character, they just say so and so should go here because I think that's how good he is.

ICs got a hype boost from Lain beating M2K and sending him into losers.
Old news. And it doesn't put that much weight on the SBR's decision, MK IS beatable. They know that.

Besides all of that, not much will change.
Common sense, opinion. Take your pick.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I love how hype affects your list. Mario hasn't done anything outside of tournament results? As big of a lie as that is, I still think it's pretty funny. Mario has garbage results. We're secretly better that Ankoku's list says, we have a lot of results, more than I originally thought.

Is that how your tier list works? Moar tounay results = 1 moar spot in low teer.

Heres the thing though: from what I've seen the last two tier lists the SBR knows squat about F tier and below, and barely anything about E tier. Like I said, this isn't my tier list, this is me attempting to figure out how they think. And I doubt they know anything about those characters outside of huge advancements, hype due to them suddenly placing well in a fairly good sized tournament, and looking at Ankoku's tournament list.

Yes, everyones results are better then Ankoku's list. Heck, Ike should be up at least one spot on that list, it's good for a general placement at least.

I got the tournament results = 1 spot due to how Sonic moved in the last tier list. The major thing that changed with Sonic between the 1st and 2nd placement were tournament results. And Sonic went up one spot. Sonic's results have gotten better yet again, and same with Lucas and PT. I'm predicting they will move up one spot. Ness will probably hitch a ride with Lucas up that one spot as the SBR seems to like placing them together for what ever reason.

At the end of the day, there is no way that Mario is moving up, and it's highly unlikely he'll keep his current spot. Which leaves one direction: down.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Both Jiggly and Sonic deserve to move up. It's hard to see why Link is better thank Jigglypuff. I have a hard time seeing how Yoshi or Link are better than Jigglypuff.
I'm staying firm on my position that Yoshi is tragically underappreciated. Jiggs > Link, but not Yoshi IMO.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Does anyone have any idea where Sheik/Zelda will fit into the list (the combined character that is). My guess is anywhere from mid B tier to low C tier, but the lack of tournament players is going to hurt ant accurate positioning. However, the combined character has much more potential than them both individually even if you only pick which if the pair has the better matchup for each opponent. When you start using changes for tactical purposes (damage racking and gimping Sheik, Zelda for kills, changing to refresh moves etc) I suspect they could potentially be tournament viable.

Moocowalex

Smash Apprentice
I have two things to say about this list:

I agree with metaknight being in the top tier by himself, my 6 year old brother can spam buttons with him and do reasonably well... >_>

Peach should be higher. :)

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Tier lists arnt reliable
People who are good can take a low tier character and make them top tier with some practice and skill.
I don't think you have a real understanding of what a tier list actually IS.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
This has been asked so many times, but the "SBR people" tend to avoid it.

Why was Ganondorf put above Captain Falcon?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I see a reasonable amount of character bias, my good friend.
WHY should they be higher?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I would guess his flame choking abilities. That IS a fairly deadly move, considering what it sets up.
Well, if it was, I'll tell you why that move isn't on par with other good moves.

Almost anything has priority over it, yes it may have more priority than Raptor Boost (which I'm not even sure of) but whatever has more priority than Raptor Boost has more priority than Flame Choke. The follow-ups aren't as big of a deal as people turn it out to be. Flame Choke to DTilt does 21%. Wow that's the coolest thing ever! First off, DTilt isn't a true follow up on everyone, secondly anyone could hit that high in two hits themselves. Other than that, Flame Choke has has huge ending lag and some start-up lag, enough for, let's say Link's FSmash to hit through.

Flame Choke is overrated.

Browny

Smash Hater
ganons dash attack should warrant him over falcon imo... you can only avoid it for so long once in KO %'s since it has such high priority over many attacks due to its damage lol

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
ganons dash attack should warrant him over falcon imo... you can only avoid it for so long once in KO %'s since it has such high priority over many attacks due to its damage lol
I hate it when people base something on one fact.

Okay, I guess I should play along. Captain Falcon's jab, ground speed, aerial speed, and quick attacks should warrant him over Ganon "imo".

TP

Smash Master
Well, if it was, I'll tell you why that move isn't on par with other good moves.

Almost anything has priority over it, yes it may have more priority than Raptor Boost (which I'm not even sure of) but whatever has more priority than Raptor Boost has more priority than Flame Choke. The follow-ups aren't as big of a deal as people turn it out to be. Flame Choke to DTilt does 21%. Wow that's the coolest thing ever! First off, DTilt isn't a true follow up on everyone, secondly anyone could hit that high in two hits themselves. Other than that, Flame Choke has has huge ending lag and some start-up lag, enough for, let's say Link's FSmash to hit through.

Flame Choke is overrated.
Kalm, that is the most negative view of Choke I have ever seen. Choke>Dtilt>Dtilt>Choke>Dtilt>Uair works more often than not on heavies for a quick 60%. Choke>Ftilt and Choke>iDA are great kill moves, and Choke>Fsmash if your opponent is predictable. On paper, it seems hard to land a choke, but you and I both know you will get 10 per match against most people.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Kalm, that is the most negative view of Choke I have ever seen. Choke>Dtilt>Dtilt>Choke>Dtilt>Uair works more often than not on heavies for a quick 60%. Choke>Ftilt and Choke>iDA are great kill moves, and Choke>Fsmash if your opponent is predictable. On paper, it seems hard to land a choke, but you and I both know you will get 10 per match against most people.
Are you stalking me everywhere, Twilight?

M.K

Level 55
Ganondorf is better than Falcon for the sole reason that he doesn't suffer *as much* from the problem that both Falcon and Ganon suffer from: Not being able to land attacks consistently.
Falcon is average to weak, he needs to land alot of attacks to get his opponents up to kill range, yet he has trouble approaching and campers give him alot of trouble. Coupled with his short range and lack of decently reliable kill moves, it's clear to see why he is where he is on the list.
Ganondorf, however, doesn't NEED to land too many hits, because in a matter of 3-5 hits, the opponent is in kill range. Ganon has a better approach, more reliable kill moves, and his weight helps him compensate for some of his weaknesses.

But seriously, who cares? It's obvious to see that these two are clearly the worst in the game.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Ganondorf is better than Falcon for the sole reason that he doesn't suffer *as much* from the problem that both Falcon and Ganon suffer from: Not being able to land attacks consistently.
Falcon is average to weak, he needs to land alot of attacks to get his opponents up to kill range, yet he has trouble approaching and campers give him alot of trouble. Coupled with his short range and lack of decently reliable kill moves, it's clear to see why he is where he is on the list.
Ganondorf, however, doesn't NEED to land too many hits, because in a matter of 3-5 hits, the opponent is in kill range. Ganon has a better approach, more reliable kill moves, and his weight helps him compensate for some of his weaknesses.

But seriously, who cares? It's obvious to see that these two are clearly the worst in the game.
In my honest opinion, Ganondorf and Captain Falcon are better than Samus and Link. All she really has is spacing in zair, crappy kill potential, and an awful camping game and Link just has a slightly better camping/killing game along with a close range spacing game though a much worse ledge game and recovery. I just feel that it would be easier for Ganon and Falcon to place in tournaments than those two if for no reasons other than Falcon is someone with a lot of noticable cons with few strengths, but nothing so debilitating that he is screwed by that alone and Ganondorf has at least one noteworthy asset in his phenominal strength which is not limited into one easily transcended move.

The four of them need to share bottom tier together though.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546

Captain Falcon has a better approach, and a easier time avoiding projectiles. Ganon's weight is only above Captain Falcon by a bit, though Captain Falcon does survive a few attacks longer (Snake/Kind D3's UTilt). And, even though Ganon does only need to land around 6-8 hits to kill, he HAS just as much trouble landing hits as Falcon has trouble killing. All of Ganon's moves are punishable, when Cf has some which aren't.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Kirby and lucario imo are going to be near the same amount of potential.
Regardless, I see lucario dropping 1 or 2 spots on the tier list.
On the subject of CF vs. Ganondorf, I see a CF's metagame opening up a bit more, so I think it should be rediscussed.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
June 5th...

Is there anything I can do to keep Ike leveled above the F-Tier?

I won a local tournament not too long ago going straight through as Ike. Ask DigitalCracHead.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
June 5th...

Is there anything I can do to keep Ike leveled above the F-Tier?

I won a local tournament not too long ago going straight through as Ike. Ask DigitalCracHead.
Post the results in the "Ike tournaments result thread". That's probably the best you could do.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon has a better approach, and a easier time avoiding projectiles. Ganon's weight is only above Captain Falcon by a bit, though Captain Falcon does survive a few attacks longer (Snake/Kind D3's UTilt). And, even though Ganon does only need to land around 6-8 hits to kill, he HAS just as much trouble landing hits as Falcon has trouble killing. All of Ganon's moves are punishable, when Cf has some which aren't.
Everything we have can be punished, and by that I mean all of our moves, not our ''wonderfull'' combo's. N-air, U-air (in the air) and Jab come closest to not being punished.
And imo Falcon should be above Ganon, because of our speed and good jab-grab game we can manage to always stay close to the opponent and pressure them. We can force the opponents into mistakes much easier and also punish pretty hard with U-tilt and Knee. Ganon can punish much, much harder, but also has a much, much harder time to bait attacks and mistakes.
Those are some of the reasons why Falcon should be higher (above Samus would be good). Link will not be below Falcon due to his versatile projectile game which holds itself up to other characters more than our game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom