• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Rofl irony.

IC grab range sucks. That's totally relavant.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
^Tis true, everyone has a better chance at getting a grab on MK than ice climbers, which is why mastering CG's is kind of important at high level of play =/

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wasn't aware. How often does Ganondorf get a grab on MK, and what followups does he have on the Meta Knight?

Better yet, who even uses Ganon against Meta Knight?

Barge

Ganon has a better grab range than icies >_>
But yeah, mk can be aggresive against a character like him, making sheild grabs more plausabbleee

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just sayin' that the small grab range isn't so bad when you can rack up a good 60% - stock every time.
As opposed to Ganon, who has nothing. Maybe a grab release, but I doubt anything good on Meta Knight.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Ganondorf has a pretty slick Dowb B attack he's almost like an air plane he flies at you so fast it's not fair.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
^^

No really?

We should all go bug the False SBR to update this, even though it was stated in the OP that it would be done June 5th.

Also correction, if you get grabbed by ICs, it's not 60, it's a stock.

I'm tempted to leave a mini-sig here.

Okay here we go.

:sonic:

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think that the ICs have a chance to go top tier, or even pass some characters in top tier? I think at the least that they will be near the top of high tier.

gm jack

Smash Lord
First off, I'm a Bowser main. Second, whether or not MK jump breaks is decided BEFORE Bowser can pivot grab him. Third, it's not humanly possible to estimate when MK will break out at higher %s, thus the best strategy is to continously pummel him, meaning MK can break out in between pummel hit stun.

I should add that on Final Destination this could may very well lead to a 0-death, since escaping in between pummeling is uncommon and Bowser can catch MK if he jump breaks. It needs lots of practice not to mention awesome reflexes.

Just don't expect anything amazing to happen on any other stage.
However, if you allow Smashville, as the platform is not going to save him over half the time, this means that Bowser and FD/Smashville becomes a valid counterpick to a MK. Even if it isn't to death every time, if every badly spaced attack that is shield-grabbed is punished for 50% or so, tcombined with Bowser's grab range and general kill power, I can see him going up when the few bowser mains there are begin to perfect it.

Remember, there are other characters who are able to get hit by this, so could swing many of his other matchups. Of course, being able to do it perfectly is going to be near impossible, but being able to count your inputs and the time you have been grabbed for and time your release is also going to be tricky. Provided, that the time at which the ground release can be forced is decently higher than that of which an air release can happen, this can be used well.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
ICs... beh I can't tell.

They're so garbage, yet they have their grabs. (and IMO I think ICs attacks outside of grabs are actually decent if somebody is a master at desyncing. If they aren't desynced.... well, then they get around okayce they have grabs but this would be limiting.)

Flayl

Smash Hero
They also have wall of blizzard which destroys lower tier characters and makes MK's life difficult. Ok, I wouldn't say difficult, but it's not easy.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
The grabs make everything else dangerous...

Camping at midrange is scary, because one pivot grab on your approach, or a dash canceled perfect shield to grab is death.. So you have to watch for that, while you fight them.

Not top though, their range and separation problems just won't allow it.

Barge

Ice climbers definitely won't be going much higher. Their bad matchups are all high/top tier, which lowers their viability in tournaments, and they're pretty bad too >_> 60-40 - 70-30. Its actually really easy to not get grabbed, and their desyncs can only do so much. Plus Nana is an idiot :c

SonicBlind

Smash Rookie
I can't really judge characters from the tier list.I think its just more of a challenge taking on the lower tier role.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Ice climbers definitely won't be going much higher. Their bad matchups are all high/top tier, which lowers their viability in tournaments, and they're pretty bad too >_> 60-40 - 70-30. Its actually really easy to not get grabbed, and their desyncs can only do so much. Plus Nana is an idiot :c
60:40 is still a winnable matchup. If it wasn't, nobody except Snake and Meta Knight would be viable then. And isn't Snake their only "bad" matchup (a 65:35 IIRC)? They aren't hurt by MK anymore than the other high tiers, they are better against Marth than several characters above them (Lucario, Kirby, Pikachu), they have the advantage against DDD and Falco, G&W has MORE bad top tier matchups than the Ice Climbers, and everyone else is debatable for neutral.

Sure, they may not reach S tier, but I think they and Pikachu can make it to the bottom of A tier, especially since their only competition for that spot is Olimar anyway (Lucario, DK, Kirby, and R.O.B. are moving down since they aren't doing crap except for Lee Martin and Wario is moving to S tier).

Barge

Snake and ROB are their worst, being 70-30 at the most. I really don't think bottom of A, though >_>. So many more characters are better than them. People are getting better and smarter against the icy matchup, and its really not all that difficult to CP against them, since snake is already a really widely used character.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
this tier list should be like golf scores: the lower, the better. Then Captain falcon would be top tier!!!

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Snake and ROB are their worst, being 70-30 at the most. I really don't think bottom of A, though >_>. So many more characters are better than them. People are getting better and smarter against the icy matchup, and its really not all that difficult to CP against them, since snake is already a really widely used character.
To be fair, this is my vision on what guidelines the tiers would be structured were I in charge:

-All of the charcters that deal with the general cast/tournament scene almost as effectively as MK for the most part are S tier.

(MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy Kong, DDD and Falco)

-The A tier is reserved for those that are clearly viable (by how much is irrelevent, but there is no question that they are viable), but don't have the capacity to dominate tournament scenes.

(Marth, G&W, Pikachu, Kirby, Olimar, ICs, Lucario, R.O.B., and ZSS)

-The B tier is for those who are on the fringes of viability (highly debatable for viable characters).

(DK, Pit, Zelda/Shiek, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi)

-C tier is for those who aren't terribad, but undebatably unviable.

(Wolf, Bowser, Shiek, Zelda, Ike, Fox, Pokemon Trainer)

-D tiers suck balls, but they have there odd, niche place in the metagame.

(Lucas, Ness, Mario, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Link, Sonic, Samus)

-T tier stands for testosterone tier (The characters in this tier live in the underground of the Brawl world in order for the other characters to not be eviscerated by the testosterone filled air caused by their manly presense. Oddly enough, Snake is completely immune to the air here and Pit has high enough estrogen levels to be safe from the testosterone
They're OVER 9000!!!!!........I love this meme :laugh:
).

(Captain Falcon, Ganondorf)

This is how I think the tiers should be structured. This is kinda what I mean by Ice Climbers being in A tier. Though I did not arrange any order within the tiers.

EDIT: On a more serious note, who do you think is clearly better than the ICs aside from the big 8 who we all know will stay at the top.

Blind Fremen

Smash Cadet
To be fair, this is my vision on what guidelines the tiers would be structured were I in charge:

-All of the charcters that deal with the general cast/tournament scene almost as effectively as MK for the most part are S tier.

(MK, Snake, Wario, Diddy Kong, DDD and Falco)

-The A tier is reserved for those that are clearly viable (by how much is irrelevent, but there is no question that they are viable), but don't have the capacity to dominate tournament scenes.

(Marth, G&W, Pikachu, Kirby, Olimar, ICs, Lucario, R.O.B., and ZSS)

-The B tier is for those who are on the fringes of viability (highly debatable for viable characters).

(DK, Pit, Zelda/Shiek, Toon Link, Peach, Luigi)

-C tier is for those who aren't terribad, but undebatably unviable.

(Wolf, Bowser, Shiek, Zelda, Ike, Fox, Pokemon Trainer)

-D tiers suck balls, but they have there odd, niche place in the metagame.

(Lucas, Ness, Mario, Yoshi, Jigglypuff, Link, Sonic, Samus)

-T tier stands for testosterone tier (The characters in this tier live in the underground of the Brawl world in order for the other characters to not be eviscerated by the testosterone filled air caused by their manly presense. Oddly enough, Snake is completely immune to the air here and Pit has high enough estrogen levels to be safe from the testosterone
They're OVER 9000!!!!!........I love this meme :laugh:
).

(Captain Falcon, Ganondorf)

This is how I think the tiers should be structured. This is kinda what I mean by Ice Climbers being in A tier. Though I did not arrange any order within the tiers.

EDIT: On a more serious note, who do you think is clearly better than the ICs aside from the big 8 who we all know will stay at the top.
I agree with most of the post except for the S tier. MK and Snake should be SS.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
17 Sonic (9 top8, 4 top4, 5 top2, 3 wins) - 97.7 - 19

I dont know deathcarter, I think you may be off.
I wouldn't mind Sonic moving into my hypothetical C tier, I think he has that possibility. But low tier tournaments would suck if you take out PT and Sonic, the two best and most interesting characters from that tier.

Though we could just have E tier tournaments and make a jump between E and F tier less huge.

I think my Yoshi would **** you, Deathcarter.
Probably, but could you or anyone else win a decently sized tournament with Yoshi?

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Actually, Sonic, Mario, and Ness are the best low tier characters. In that order.
PT may be common, but there's only a few amazing players that can do well with him.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
I wouldn't mind Sonic moving into my hypothetical C tier, I think he has that possibility. But low tier tournaments would suck if you take out PT and Sonic, the two best and most interesting characters from that tier.
Wait what?
That makes no sense.
Without sonic and PT low tier tournaments are not as interesting.
So what?
Tiers are representative of the characters potential and Sonic simply has more potential than those characters as does Mario IMO.

Meh, Everyone pretty much talked about everything about x character to the point that anything said might have been mentioned before.

All we do now is wait or till some gamebreaking metagame improvement comes along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom