• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Toon Link! I haven't seen much discussion of him, and if I'm not mistaken he can be a nuisance with peojectiles and air-game. What's the 411 on him?

TheJerm

Smash Champion
C-C-C-C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

Toon Link! I haven't seen much discussion of him, and if I'm not mistaken he can be a nuisance with peojectiles and air-game. What's the 411 on him?
TL is the best character. Thats the 411 on him.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
such a great thread... why dont we discuss something real? how bout the order of the top tier

here is the top tier as i feel it will be in no particular order, please post how you think the order should be

Diddy
Falco
GW
DDD
Marth
MK
Snake
Wario

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
such a great thread... why dont we discuss something real? how bout the order of the top tier

here is the top tier as i feel it will be in no particular order, please post how you think the order should be

Diddy
Falco
GW
DDD
Marth
MK
Snake

Wario
LOLWUT. You clearly know nothing.

I say

MK
Snake
Falco
Wario
Diddy
DDD
Marth
G&W

M.K

Level 55
What is keeping Snake above the rest, exactly? Is it only the fact that he might go even with Meta-Knight?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Broken tilts/jabs, heavy with great recovery, and stage control.

Being able to keep up with MK is just a plus/apart of these attributes.

But-itzah-me!

Smash Rookie
If you don't think that Snake is second, how do you think it should be?
That isn't even a question worth looking at, much less reading. The air around his tilts has more knockback than the actual body parts making contact, and this is one of the many obvious reasons as to why he remains in second place. :mad:

:uzi: :snake:

Furthermore, I would like for someone to tell me why Fox and Wolf (but not Falco) are above Mario. Recoveries are a non-existent thing with these 2 characters if the Mario is a savvy cape user, or even gets a little lucky with the FLUDD. Also, I have had some decent success in out-prioritizing both of these Starfox characters in the air, as well as on the ground.

So please, give Mario some credit where credit is due, or tell me why I am talking of nonsense.

But either way, Mario is the Sh*t. :mario::mushroom:

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Furthermore, I would like for someone to tell me why Fox and Wolf (but not Falco) are above Mario. Recoveries are a non-existent thing with these 2 characters if the Mario is a savvy cape user, or even gets a little lucky with the FLUDD. Also, I have had some decent success in out-prioritizing both of these Starfox characters in the air, as well as on the ground.

So please, give Mario some credit where credit is due, or tell me why I am talking of nonsense.

Tourney results; Mario is a solid character, but he just isn't showing in tourneys.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Play some better Wolf/Fox players plz. The matchups are quite even.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
What is keeping Snake above the rest, exactly? Is it only the fact that he might go even with Meta-Knight?
Why not? He's clearly one of the best characters. He hs almost no disadvantageous matchups, the only ones being Meta Knight (might be even), King Dedede, R.O.B. and Olimar, and those all have at most 60:40 advantage over him.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

The fact that Mario has a decent matchup against Falco/Wolf doesn't cover the fact that he doesn't have utterly terrible matchups against a large portion of the rest of the cast, or the fact that he is, in essence, a bad Luigi with a couple neat edgeguarding moves..

M.K

Level 55
Mario is really good in the hands of pros....for the first few matches.
SkylerOcon convinced me that Fireballs were a good projectile, and the Cape is really screwy....but....something about him is just rather...."meh".
Plus, the tournament results don't really help...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Mario is really good in the hands of pros....for the first few matches.
SkylerOcon convinced me that Fireballs were a good projectile, and the Cape is really screwy....but....something about him is just rather...."meh".
Plus, the tournament results don't really help...
Still, projectiles in this game aren't very good in general. The Cape has some cool properties, but its really neat potential is usually situational, especially since it doesn't turn around shielding opponents anymore. He's got pretty good Smashes, but they're not abusable-good, and while he moves rather well in the air, his lack of range and KO power is a real downer; most of the time, he ends up being a bad Luigi, which explains why Boss tends to go Luigi in tournament sets nowadays.

But-itzah-me!

Smash Rookie
The fact that Mario has a decent matchup against Falco/Wolf doesn't cover the fact that he doesn't have utterly terrible matchups against a large portion of the rest of the cast, or the fact that he is, in essence, a bad Luigi with a couple neat edgeguarding moves..

I understand that there are a lot of things to consider while making these tier lists, and I also understand that, in the end, they mean very little, if anything at all.

That being said, I still think that the fact that Mario can make anyone's recovery a flop should yield a higher position on the tier list, even if he isn't getting represented in tourny's. :urg:

MoW_G

Smash Rookie
You need to play better Wolfs'. Granted, tier lists mean nothing, it's all about the players understanding.

But-itzah-me!

Smash Rookie
That's basically what people have been telling me. They say that Fox is easy enough to overcome, but Wolf has that little extra something that makes Mario fail.

Even though I don't like hearing it, I'll admit that Mario may be somewhat close to his rightful place on the tier list...........

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Granted, tier lists mean nothing, it's all about the players understanding.
lol, wtf.

Tier lists do mean something. If they meant nothing, they wouldn't be made. Seriously, get your facts straight and don't act like dumb scrubs in a board dedicated to competetive gaming. <_<

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
In addition to having a super-cool Fair, Captain Falcon also boasts a fist that can turn into an actual flaming bird. He also had speed, so he can even compete with Sonic.

Meta Knight has extremely weak attacks, so I don't understand how people can lose to him.

Ranor469

Smash Apprentice
Were you being serious Ranor?
....If i was serious about that, I would have some serious issues. I probably wouldn't have been able to use a computer yet alone get to this site and post in coherent sentences. I would also probably have to have someone help me point my ***** so I don't miss the toilet when I pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom