• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Despite how much attention Wario is getting now, there are so many things characters can do to him with grab releasing, but of course that doesn't make everything.

Also, he does have quite a few characters that could be considered counters. My characters (ZSS, Sheik/Zelda, Peach) have the advantage against him alone. And I can think of a couple other characters that I know also have an advantage.

He's definitely still up there though, I'm just not ENTIRELY sure he is top 5 material.
Have you seen a Wario who plays entirely gay? You won't have any chance to grab him. Wario loves playing on time and aircamping, and he will use it against characters who have an advantage over him. In fact, aircamping makes every matchup of him even slightly better in his advantage.

All characters you mentioned may have an advantage, but it's not really too big, nothing you could count as a hard counter or really bad counter. I'm almost certain he's one of the best characters in the game, despite what many may think. As said: He does have counters, but those are not that big. He's like Fox in Melee, who had a few disadvantageous and even matchups, but still came out as best.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
lol. Whatever you say. If you publish your Bible of Marthianity, can I get a copy with some discount?

Anyway, back to topic... let's talk about, uhm... how about Peach? I think we haven't talked about her yet.
Wow. Really guy? I tried to have an intelligent convo and you give me insults? *sigh*

Now I remember why I don't miss SWF. *goes back to SRK

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Wow. Really guy? I tried to have an intelligent convo and you give me insults? *sigh*

Now I remember why I don't miss SWF. *goes back to SRK
Wow. Really guy? I tried to pick up Marth and his boards gave me (indirectly since I didn't post there) insults? *sigh*

Now I remember why I didn't pick him up. *goes back to Bowser boards*

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
So..... you didn't even get flamed. You just judged the board and made a conclusion without making an attempt? They would have welcomed you due to your intelligence. Oh well.

Browny

Smash Hater
lmao
If you don't have pride then it's all for nothing. Marth is completely overshadowed by MK. That pride is what keeps that community strong. I would rather see the Marth boards as an arrogant utopia for knowledge then a desolate wasteland where no one posts , but it's humble.
Ok lets get this straight.

Marth is bested by metaknight. Therefore his community is full of 'pride' because they continue to fight vs a disadvantage. Does this apply for every other character in the game? or is marth special because he was top tier in melee, and now its unfair hes not anymore lol

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
lmao

Ok lets get this straight.

Marth is bested by metaknight. Therefore his community is full of 'pride' because they continue to fight vs a disadvantage. Does this apply for every other character in the game? or is marth special because he was top tier in melee, and now its unfair hes not anymore lol
*stares*
*stares some more8
*raises hands to the air*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Okay the main reason for the statement does have something to do with Marth being to tier in the past, but nothing to do with fair r unfair.

For example look at Fox, he cannot even be called a shadow of his former self.
Hence when MetaKnight took over, Marth's capabilities were overshadowed.
In site of Marth remaining a good character, his capabilities were ignored and often resulted in many stupid things being said concerning Marth.

Hence why El did the whole "be prideful and elitist" thing. Not because of some notion of "OMG MARTH IS ONLY HIGH TIER NOT TOP!"

Hmm i need to stop lurking.

.Marik

is a social misfit
People need to stop ranking Yoshi in E,F, and G Tier. :\

Yoshi mains place extremely well for someone who is considered "Low Tier".

He's Mid Tier, when are you people going to realize this? o.o

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

Haha. He doesn't place well enough to be Mid Tier. Sure he does better then most of Low Tier. And the odd Mid Tier character, (Ike and Bowser for example) but Pokemon Trainer and Sonic, are outplacing him by quite some margin. His placings shows that Yoshi is doing well for Low Tier. But not good enough to be Mid Tier. It's funny that you claim tournament results as proof for Yoshi. My experience tends to be that Yoshi mains claim that Yoshi is lacking representation in tourneys.

gm jack

Smash Lord
Sheik > Zelda

Any list that does not have this is automatically wrong as hell.
It is still very close between them. They each have their own match ups that can swing either way, depending on which characters are more popular in your area.

Still, Zelda/Sheik us better than either on their own, and could potentially be a high tier character, if people can master both of the individual characters and learn the match ups for both of them, so they can transform at the right times.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
The only thing that is wrong with thi tier list is...
(suspense music)

Coming June 5th, only in theaters

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Weak logic. You care too much about what people on an internet forum say/think. That's real feminine, my dude.
No. I just don't want to deal with pricks. But then again, I have gay johns, so I guess I won't be insulted if you call me feminine or gay.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
No. I just don't want to deal with pricks. But then again, I have gay johns, so I guess I won't be insulted if you call me feminine or gay.
You don't have to interact with a character board in order to play that character competitively, is all i'm saying. Not getting along with the Marth board is an overly-sensitive excuse to not play the character.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Oh, you mean it that way. Heh. Well, case in point, I do play as Marth at times, but I won't play him to a level where I would want to use him as an actual secondary and/or main. Besides, I can't ask questions about the character in the his boards (unlike pretty much everywhere else) without the fear of getting shredded into pieces.

In every other board I can post in the Q&A-Thread or make an own thread asking for help about topic XY (which is covered bad in guides, not up to date or I just want to know that specific thing and wasn't able to draw that from the guides), and every of that character's main will try to help me out if they know about it (best example in my case: My thread in the Falco boards where I asked for help about the Boost Smash/DACUS, both if they were necessary and if there was an easy way for someone of my physical condition to perform it easier). In the Marth boards, I would get flamed for being a ******** idiot who doesn't know anything.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
The hell with them, then. Go ask whatever you want. That's what character boards are for...they can't tell you anything about it. If anything, they are the ones that look like idiots.
(I'm basing this on what you said, I never went there).

.Marik

is a social misfit
Haha. He doesn't place well enough to be Mid Tier. Sure he does better then most of Low Tier. And the odd Mid Tier character, (Ike and Bowser for example) but Pokemon Trainer and Sonic, are outplacing him by quite some margin. His placings shows that Yoshi is doing well for Low Tier. But not good enough to be Mid Tier. It's funny that you claim tournament results as proof for Yoshi. My experience tends to be that Yoshi mains claim that Yoshi is lacking representation in tourneys.
Yoshi certantly places well enough to be considered Middle Tier. I can go get the Tournament results if you like.

But the problem is... there's hardly anybody actually maining him, let alone placing well with him in large-scale Tournaments. Green Ace, Bwett, Pride, lil_b, Furbs, Scatz, myself, Yikarur, and a few others are the only people who represent Yoshi. Due to the lack of players using him in Tournaments, he doesn't get as much credit as he potentially could.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Pretty much what shadow link said. My greatest fear was that the growth of the Marth community would be stunted because he really can't win tournies consistently. When a character can win people flock to that character. If they can't then they are ignored. So always tried to make sure the community was the most knowledgable and the most dedicated. The pride the Marth boards has actually has very little to do with Marth himself as a character. It's just something I instilled in them. Plus SO many people made ignorant comments about Marth and his match-ups back then and even now. This also made me want to make the community the way it is now. I don't expect any of you to understand my reasoning or the responsibility of being someone that thousands of people look up to. I came up with a solution and I like the results. Call the Marth community arrogant but you can't deny the analytical way in which it has approached Marth's metagame or the massive advances in his metagame as a result.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Besides, I can't ask questions about the character in the his boards (unlike pretty much everywhere else) without the fear of getting shredded into pieces.
I don't see you in the Sonic boards. :mad:

Nah I'm kidding, maybe it's not in your interest, and I can't force you.

... Fair Fair DTilt DB Dolphin Slash as the "Oh @#$%!" button Nair.

Nah I'm kidding, I'm sure it's just wonderful in there if you're a top notch player.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

You do know E tier IS mid tier right?

Yoshi being in D tier is a joke. Seriously there is no way yoshi will see the light of that day. Chars like bowser, ike and even fox don't have chances of getting to that point. Yoshi, IMO, will only be able to reach the bottom of E tier unless he gets an amazing new tech or starts placing with chars like Falco, D3, Marth etc.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Yoshi certantly places well enough to be considered Middle Tier. I can go get the Tournament results if you like.
I;ve already looked at them what do you think I was talking about? Yoshi is doing better then quite a few but not all Low Tiers and worse then almost all (but not QUITE all) Mid Tiers. You may claim Yoshi should be Mid Tier but his tourney results ARE not backing you up on that.

.Marik

is a social misfit
You do know E tier IS mid tier right?

...Right then. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to add "E". The first Tier List was organized better. Less confusing.

I;ve already looked at them what do you think I was talking about? Yoshi is doing better then quite a few but not all Low Tiers and worse then almost all (but not QUITE all) Mid Tiers. You may claim Yoshi should be Mid Tier but his tourney results ARE not backing you up on that.
They look decent to me.

Bwett placed 25th at WHOBO. Out of like, 100+? And top players mostly went MetaKnight, Dedede, Ice Climbers, etc...etc...

That's a very good placing for somebody who went plain Yoshi.

D

Deleted member

Yes yoshi can be played well and we can place with him against tough players, doesnt make him a great character.
However, i do think he should be low tier, upper area of it but still low.
Bwett *****

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
So far, everything that has been said about the yoshi discussion proves even further my point that no matter how high yoshi goes, sonic should always be at least one spot higher

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Sonic is better than Ike, Ike is better than Jigglypuff, and Jigglypuff is better than Yoshi, Yoshi is better than Mario.

Sonic deserves Mid tier while Jigglypuff deserves best of the low. Maybe Yoshi deserves that spot but both of them aren't mid tier.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Bwett placed 25th at WHOBO. Out of like, 100+? And top players mostly went MetaKnight, Dedede, Ice Climbers, etc...etc...

A Sonic got the same placing. What you show me is a single result. A single result can only ever show a good player. Not a good character. How are Yoshi's tournament results overall stacked up to other Low Tiers and Mid Tiers?

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
...Right then. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to add "E". The first Tier List was organized better. Less confusing.

They look decent to me.

35 is a really good placing, especially in such a large tourney but, it will have 0 effect on yohshi's tourney results. Doesn't it have to be in the top 8 to be considered worthy of a ranking?

Heck, Vex ranked 9th with bowser/D3/GAW at COT4 (which would have been very good for all three chars he played seeing the size of the tourney) but that gave bowser and the other chars 0 points toward tourney results.

Again, I'm basing this of Anokou's list which I think is what the SBR-B uses when taking in consideration of tourney results for the tier list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom