• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers can use this on more than just 1 character.
I am just saying on if anyone thinks the infinte would change anything. (mainly on ROBS position)

Also, I was arguing if skill should be counted in anything.
most people assume in match ups that the Ice Climbers would pull off a 0-Death Chaingrab once they grab you.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I am just saying on if anyone thinks the infinte would change anything. (mainly on ROBS position)

Also, I was arguing if skill should be counted in anything.
most people assume in match ups that the Ice Climbers would pull off a 0-Death Chaingrab once they grab you.
It won't change his position. You never seem to give your opinions on this, do YOU think this will affect ROB's position?

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Also, I wish that you guys would return to the old system of Tier Lists. All of these letters are confusing me...

Top, High, Mid, Low, Bottom. What happened to the good ol' days? I'm sure this has been answered MANY times. Heck, there's 300+ freaking pages. But. Yeah. There's my 2 cents
How would that work?

With nine tiers...

Meta Knight, Snake, Top, High, High Mid, Mid, Low Mid, Low, Bottom?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
How would that work?

With nine tiers...

Meta Knight, Snake, Top, High, High Mid, Mid, Low Mid, Low, Bottom?
MK and Snake do not need their own tiers, at the very least they could be put together.

I found the rest that I bolded unnecessary, and bottom is kind of a stretch, anyway I did like the old tier list to be better in terms of organization.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
look at it this way, the SBR may actually notice if she has an infinte.

I know this idea may sound far fetched( And I mean really FAR FETCHED :laugh:)

but they may actually notice ZSS. ( that is if Snakeeeeee has not made them already).

I am really crazy on Sundays.

Ignore all posts I made today.
Uhm... no?

Zamus will be recognized, she already moved up, and she is on the rise. She just lacks tournament representation.

Ganondorf has an infinite on pretty much everyone, but it's hard to pull off and he still is an overall bad character. Just because he has an infinite it doesn't make him much better. ZSS has an infinite on ONE character in the game, who had already a bad matchup with Zamus. That infinite just kinda strengthens that fact. If something is the reason for her to rise then it will be most likely everything else she has going for her. An infinite on one character of the 40 character cast is not really going to make her skyrocket upwards. Use your logic, man.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I think the ICs are pretty much immune due to being 2 characters. Look for "Chainchoke" on the Ganon boards.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
MK and Snake do not need their own tiers, at the very least they could be put together.

I found the rest that I bolded unnecessary, and bottom is kind of a stretch, anyway I did like the old tier list to be better in terms of organization.
Ha, they do have their own tiers.

Really, I just renamed the "SS, S, A, B..." tiers.

Alzi

Smash Master
In the next tier list i'm guessing metaknight and snake won't be in a tier list of their own.

Metaknight is slowly not becoming so scary as it use to be back in those days many people have found ways on getting that small advantage to stop metaknight in it's own tracks.

I agree with Kinzer that they would be put toegether in their own tier list.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Meta Knight and Snake aren't that much better than the rest of the cast. They kind of are, but putting them in their own tier is just sensationalist nonsense that makes people people pick only these characters to feel like they stand a chance. It's kinda bogus, to be honest.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
To understand WHY these two have their own tiers, look at the digits in between every tier. The numbers are the average of the SBR members' vote on each character. Every tier gap means a overall gap in between the votes, the SBR plainly followed through the whole tier list with it.

Even though I agree Snake and MK should be in the same tier.

Also, MK has been feared, but in fact, although almost all of his matchups are advantageous or even, almost none of them are extremely advantegous.

Edit:
Pikachu will rise, Lucario will stay pretty much the same, though drop below Olimar. He's definitely low in the B Tier, but not C Tier.

Tenki

Smash Hero
This is some kind of joke/mindgame, right?
obviously meant yoshi.

but in all seriousness, I'd laugh if on the next tier list, everyone put down the same number for Sonic, and there was a significant enough gap on the list to warrant his own tier. Then we can claim it and call it steak tier.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
To be honest, I think that Snake is overrated.

Even M2K himself said that he was. Its just that he is quite popular.
When I look at it, Snake's MUs are not as great as Marth's or Wario's.

<_<
"prepares for the war that will ensue".

Frown

poekmon
This is some kind of joke/mindgame, right?
Just kidding. This is my real opinion:

Samus tier

:samus2:
1. Samus
+30

Top-ish Tier

:snake:
2. Snake
=

:falco:
3. Falco
=

:dedede:
4. King Dedede
=

:gw:
5. Mr. Game & Watch
=

:diddy:
6. Diddy Kong
+1

:wario:
7. Wario
+1

:marth:
8. Marth

High Tier

:olimar:
9. Olimar
+2

:rob:
10. R.O.B.

:lucario:
11. Lucario

Mid-High Tier

:popo:
12. Ice Climbers
+3

:kirby2:
13. Kirby
=

:pikachu2:
14. Pikachu

:dk2:
15. Donkey Kong

:zerosuitsamus:
16. Zero Suit Samus
=

Mid Tier

:toonlink:
17. Toon Link
=

:peach:
18. Peach
+1

:pit:
19. Pit

Mid-Low Tier

:wolf:
20. Wolf
=

:bowser2:
21. Bowser
+2

:zelda:
22. Zelda
=

:fox:
23. Fox
+1

:luigi2:
24. Weegee

:shiek:
Sheik
=

:yoshi2:
26. Yoshi
+7

Low Tier

:lucas:
27. Lucas
+1

:mario2:
28. Mario

:ness2:
29. Ness
=

:pt:
30. Pokemon Trainer
+2

MK Tier

:metaknight:
31. Meta Knight

Bottom Tier

:link2:
32. Link
+1

:ganondorf:
33. Ganondorf
+2

:falcon:
34. Captain Falcon
+2

:jigglypuff:
35. Jigglypuff

Pork tier

:sonic:
36. Sonic

True bottom tier

37. Pinocchio
+13

The Cunning Weasel

Smash Master
I really think Snake will drop in the next tier list. The pro Warios I've seen make Wario look like the 2nd or 3rd best. Even Diddy can be a better character. And Olimar can be annoying to fight. Then there is Pikachu's CG which is said to improve his metagame

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
To be honest, I think that Snake is overrated.

Even M2K himself said that he was. Its just that he is quite popular.
When I look at it, Snake's MUs are not as great as Marth's or Wario's.

<_<
"prepares for the war that will ensue".
Snake, probably isn't that great, but he's the closest thing to an MK counter as far as many people are concerned, and that's why he's second. His placement is raised by his tourney placing, and he's popular there because he's good enough to be stand alone, while still having a fair fight with the common sight(Meta Knight).

I love Snake, though I think he's awesome, but as a character he's got flaws, but as long as MK dominates, and no other character feels like there's a legitimate shot, I don't see Snake leaving his seat.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We tend to forget Ike if this isn't wi-fi. Go to more tournaments.

Flayl

Smash Hero
I'm thinking bowser should go down. They should finally lump Zelda and Shiek into the same tier slot (just because the players are too dumb to use them both doesn't mean they should be completely seperated), which would definitely be above Bowser. Sonic could probably go above Bowser. Lemme see what else... Can't really find anything else that beats the tier power of fortress, aerial klaw and grab release.

BTW no matter what Spadefox says Bowser vs MK isn't even.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
I'm thinking bowser should go down. They should finally lump Zelda and Shiek into the same tier slot (just because the players are too dumb to use them both doesn't mean they should be completely seperated), which would definitely be above Bowser. Sonic could probably go above Bowser. Lemme see what else... Can't really find anything else that beats the tier power of fortress, aerial klaw and grab release.

What about Rock smash and a Blue turtle that is one pixel. ;D

Anyways, I am curious as too what would happen if the indivdual pokemon were to be ranked.

SS tier
Metaknight
SQUIRTLE <_< ( Squirtle is like a MK without a sword and not being weighed down with that mask:p.)

Flayl

Smash Hero
Pokemon trainer would be interesting, he does have the potential. Charizard seems good, Squirtle has some glaring weaknesses but is otherwise good, ivysaur is just meh... That's just my opinion over the select few games I've played with/against him.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I really think Snake will drop in the next tier list. The pro Warios I've seen make Wario look like the 2nd or 3rd best. Even Diddy can be a better character. And Olimar can be annoying to fight. Then there is Pikachu's CG which is said to improve his metagame
If anything, as the metagame progresses Snake should surpass MK. MK is still God but Snake still has room for improvement.

Wasn't there another person I quoted?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Not totally even, but the closer to a even matchup than pretty much everyone else in the roster, except for Snake, Diddy and maybe Yoshi.
I know 55:45 in MK's favour isn't absolutely even, but it's almost even, and now that we have the Side B Platform cancelling, we don't have to fear MK on platform-heavy stages like Battlefield as much as before. =|

Flayl

Smash Hero
Not totally even, but the closer to a even matchup than pretty much everyone else in the roster, except for Snake, Diddy and maybe Yoshi.
I know 55:45 in MK's favour isn't absolutely even, but it's almost even, and now that we have the Side B Platform cancelling, we don't have to fear MK on platform-heavy stages like Battlefield as much as before. =|
Platform canceling doesn't stop MK's aerials and tornado from ****** you from below, because you don't have an aerial that can beat those to cancel into. Bowser needs to stick to the ground to have a chance against him.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Platform canceling doesn't stop MK's aerials and tornado from ****** you from below, because you don't have an aerial that can beat those to cancel into. Bowser needs to stick to the ground to have a chance against him.
I know, but it can help. I'm not saying it turns the matchup to a better one, I'm just saying that it eases it a little bit. I mean, it's not like MK will always be below you whenever you go into the air. I wouldn't go into the air if MK would definitely go below me. <_<

Bowser King

Have It Your Way

Going down, I think you're right. Falling below sonic? I don't really think so =/

-:bowser:Bowser King

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yea. Bowser is not good, but he's not terribad either. He actually should stick with Ike and Fox, maybe Ness as well as Zelda and Sheik separated in one group together.

I think I'll make a "character groups" tier list in a bit... as in where the several characters are approximately as of now... We'll see.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
DK has speed to boot with his range and power.

Better matchups too as far as I can see.

Does get ***** harder than D3 though, but meh.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why is DK so much better than Bowser?
DK is faster, has better range, far better airgame and is smaller than Bowser (despite not much).

Anyway...
"Tier Groups" - this is supposed to be the characters who have about the same potential, and should always stick together in one group. The characters are easily exchangeable inside of this group.

S: Meta Knight, Snake, Wario
A: King Dedede, Falco, Diddy, Marth, Mr. Game & Watch
B: ROB, Lucario, Olimar, Pikachu, Ice Climbers
C: Zero Suit Samus, Donkey Kong, Kirby, Zelda/Sheik
D: Toon Link, Peach, Pit, Wolf, Luigi
E: Zelda, Sheik, Fox, Bowser, Ike, Ness
F: Mario, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Yoshi
G: Lucas, Samus, Link
H: Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Captain Falcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom