• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
They are much safer, and they can pull off 0-death grab combos. Double hits do double the damage. 30+ on a single charged fsmash is too good. Conversely... what is the point of having them separated? Lol.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Okay guys, i'm pretty the SBR knows the difference between Ness and Lucas. ( I hope lol )

Now I'm working on fixing some ''misinterpreted'' info.
(like Ness being infinited by Marth, EIDI was disproved, but escaping with the SGB still works)

Noa.

Smash Master
Umm, Darknid. I KNOW ALL THAT! Seriously dude, wtfs with the random information?

I'm just saying that Ness is incredibly good, and he's right under Mario. Him going up one spot isn't as big a deal as you guys are making it sound. And Draconoa, have you ever faced a good Ness? He'll land it more then you think. And while you are right in some points, Ness isn't that reliant on PK Fire. He can just grab you. And at high percentages, your dead. Atleast not a really good Ness like the many I face in tournaments. And his spike is stupid good. XD

Jesus, did a bomb just blow up in here? Everybody chill.
I know that this is a few pages back, but...

I never said that bthrow is a bad kill move. It's great. Ness's dash grab is very good, apart from it's crap range. I love Ness and I can defienetly seem him moving up.

It's just that Pk fire isn't a good move. Sure a good Ness will land it sometimes, but the point I was trying to make was that Pk fire to Bthrow won't work.

But just plain ole bthrow does. :)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I feel conflicted in this conversation... I main both Ness, and Mario.

oo that was a mouthful i hope it helps out.
You're so helpful to this thread.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
People gossip about me? I'm not that important, lol.
I'd like to keep him low on the tier list.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
As long as he stays low tier, it's fine. I play a lot of offline tournaments, and most of them are low tier. If Mario or Ness move off that list... I'm screwed.

Either way, I believe Ness should move above Woody on the list. And if you're twice as good as a bad Meta Knight, you'll only win half the time. Figure that math out, and get back to me in an hour with your reply.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Snake could be first, once people get bored of MK's dsmash, 'Nado, and Shuttle Loop. I believe Pit should have his own tier, so he can't hog the one he's in now. But I think he should go down.

Pit's just hilarious.

Noa.

Smash Master
I honestly feel like I can never predict where this thread is going.

But Snake could be first in the tier list, eventually. Mk will still probably be first by June. Snake's metagame is still developing, while MK's has mostly come to a standstill.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
As soon as people realize that MK does in fact have several even-ish matchups and start using characters like Bowser against him and therefore giving him trouble, I think it might affect his tier list position.

Not to mention Snake's metagame is still developing.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Meta Knight does have a fairly predictable game, but it's hard to beat. The best counter to Meta Knight is a different colored Meta Knight.

I can see Mario being 3rd, but not any time when I'm not sleeping.

Noa.

Smash Master
Other characters that do well against MK are Yoshi, Snake and Diddy if I'm not wrong. I think that maybe Jiggs doesn't do too bad either.

G&W himself has a bad matchup. One of his only three. But it's not so bad. MK's not a hard matchup for most characters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Meta Knight does have a fairly predictable game, but it's hard to beat. The best counter to Meta Knight is a different colored Meta Knight.
lol. I dunno. A ditto is pretty different to your normal game. I mean, there already have rised a few characters who have chances against MK (Snake, Diddy, Bowser, perhaps Yoshi) and are even with him.

Bowser for example outranges MK in pretty much every way, has a defensive game Meta Knight has trouble dealing with, and has it far too easy to kill him because of his raw power... MK pretty much has only his speed and priority going for him, and of course his recovery, haha. And since he lacks good KO moves, he'll be facing his worst nightmare with Bowser.

It's awesome how the oh-so-"slow" Bowser fares even or advantageous against some of the fastest characters in the game (MK, Fox, Sheik, ...).

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
My point being that the match will always be 50-50, and that won't change, no matter how the metagame progresses.

In Meta Knight dittoes, you just have to be the better player.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff IMO goes almost even with him. MK's strong points as a character are building up damage at record speeds, recovering and surviving from almost everything, edgeguarding practically everyone, and outprioritizing, outspeeding, and outspacing all opponents. Jiggs deals with these strengths better than most.

-Jiggs can escape from his strings quite easily with some good DI. She is never on the ground so dtilt is almost worthless. She can escape from fair easily and even counterattack while fair is still in animation. If Jigglypuff can get out of the freakin' fan, she can get out of Tornado and even interrupt the move with a rest. She has far superior aerial speed than him and multiple jumps as well so juggling her or even getting a Shuttle Loop near the top of the screen on her is all but a dream. MK will not build damage on her even remotely as easily as he does on Charizard.

-She really can't edgeguard him, but she is perhaps the only character that can outmaneuver him in the air and off the stage. He can edgeguard her better than she can edgeguard him, but it is still a hell of a task.

-She will almost always be in the air, so spacing her with ground moves is out of the question. In the air, she obviously outmaneuvers him. Honestly, Meta Knight would be better approaching in this matchup. He does outprioritize her, but she can easily weave in an attack or two given enough prediction just like Wario can considering her fair outranges Wario's aerials. Meta Knight does outspeed Jigglypuff on the ground, but his ground moves won't actually hit her so their use is drastically reduced and in the air, unless he autocancels his fair/bair, he is left in a lot of cool down lag and none of his other aerials are really good at protecting him in the front/back.

I don't care if Meta Knight is Meta Knight, he does not have any significant advantages on Jigglypuff except for range and easier to land kill moves. This matchup is 50:50. Honestly, if Game and Watch didn't exist, Jigglypuff would have been in low tier when the first tier list came out.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
DeathCarter, Metaknight still has a sword to keep him safe from Jigglypuff.
Everytime Jigglypuff attacks, she extends her hitbox. MK does not. That is a huge advantage for Metaknight. MK can outspace Jigglypuff, and It will be hard to get past it.

Jigglypuff also has one thing missing, A reliable kill move. The only one is probaly Fair, but thats it. MK can space Fair too. However, MK does not have much trouble KOing Jigglypuff. She is the lightest charcter in the game. Nair you can outspace, but Shuttle Loop is a different story.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
DeathCarter, Metaknight still has a sword to keep him safe from Jigglypuff.
Everytime Jigglypuff attacks, she extends her hitbox. MK does not. That is a huge advantage for Metaknight. MK can outspace Jigglypuff, and It will be hard to get past it.

Jigglypuff also has one thing missing, A reliable kill move. The only one is probaly Fair, but thats it. MK can space Fair too. However, MK does not have much trouble KOing Jigglypuff. She is the lightest charcter in the game. Nair you can outspace, but Shuttle Loop is a different story.
I'm sorry, have you ever played AS Jigglypuff?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Jigglypuff IMO goes almost even with him. MK's strong points as a character are building up damage at record speeds, recovering and surviving from almost everything, edgeguarding practically everyone, and outprioritizing, outspeeding, and outspacing all opponents. Jiggs deals with these strengths better than most.

-Jiggs can escape from his strings quite easily with some good DI. She is never on the ground so dtilt is almost worthless. She can escape from fair easily and even counterattack while fair is still in animation. If Jigglypuff can get out of the freakin' fan, she can get out of Tornado and even interrupt the move with a rest. She has far superior aerial speed than him and multiple jumps as well so juggling her or even getting a Shuttle Loop near the top of the screen on her is all but a dream. MK will not build damage on her even remotely as easily as he does on Charizard.

-She really can't edgeguard him, but she is perhaps the only character that can outmaneuver him in the air and off the stage. He can edgeguard her better than she can edgeguard him, but it is still a hell of a task.

-She will almost always be in the air, so spacing her with ground moves is out of the question. In the air, she obviously outmaneuvers him. Honestly, Meta Knight would be better approaching in this matchup. He does outprioritize her, but she can easily weave in an attack or two given enough prediction just like Wario can considering her fair outranges Wario's aerials. Meta Knight does outspeed Jigglypuff on the ground, but his ground moves won't actually hit her so their use is drastically reduced and in the air, unless he autocancels his fair/bair, he is left in a lot of cool down lag and none of his other aerials are really good at protecting him in the front/back.

I don't care if Meta Knight is Meta Knight, he does not have any significant advantages on Jigglypuff except for range and easier to land kill moves. This matchup is 50:50. Honestly, if Game and Watch didn't exist, Jigglypuff would have been in low tier when the first tier list came out.
Metaknight has priority and disjointed hitboxes ><

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Fair gives Jigglypuff more trouble than his tilts. >_>
Spacing with bair is her main thing.

.Marik

is a social misfit
There's no way in hell Jigglypuff is even 50:50 with Meta Knight. Or even close, for that matter.

More like 65:35. Or maybe 60:40.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Jigglypuff has a good amount of kill moves, her smashes dont really count as one, but who needs kill moves when you can juggle more then half the roster of the stage. I have vsed a good amount of meteknight players using jiggs, it is easy to stay alive in that match up. It is even easier to rack up damage, meteknight is not as easy to juggle and combo as D3 or Chairzard. BUt it can still be done. Something that I have hard time doing is keeping roll out fresh but heck that kills meteknight at around 70-80 damage. I can see jiggs going up a little on the list but not much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom