• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJ5Goku8932

Smash Lord
How is Wario "annoying"? The tier list is not a popularity contest, and I think many people like him. Just because you don't like him as a character it doesn't mean he's bad. I could say the same about FALCO. lol

Besides, yes. Characters are climbing the ranks. Among them: POKEMON TRAINER and Wario

Fixed for the justice :laugh:.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Uhm, no. Falco (and Fox in Melee) were/are played a lot because they are good characters (or in Fox case was).

I love how you come into this thread regularly, obviously trolling or thinking your scrubby opinions really matter, and still aren't banned yet...

Tenki

Smash Hero
Falco and Fox are characters people love to beat. i love beating the crao out of them in melee and the same in brawl

I love beating level 9 metaknights too, they're a little harder than Falco and Fox level 7.

woody72691

Smash Ace
Uhm, no. Falco (and Fox in Melee) were/are played a lot because they are good characters (or in Fox case was).

I love how you come into this thread regularly, obviously trolling or thinking your scrubby opinions really matter, and still aren't banned yet...

and i love how u react when the top authority figures of the website delete your account. good times. see ya

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Mario has insane agility, some of the best in the game. In the air, he moves very quickly and his aerials have low ending lag and landing lag and **** like that. If you watch guys like Boss play you will see an extremely fast character on display. Ness has his tricks but he's gimped more easily than Mario IMO and Mario's lack of kill moves is kinda evened out by his ability to rob chars of their stock at 20%. Unless he's facing ROB or something, that's a nice advantage. Cape is ****. Fireball is wayyy more spammable than anything Ness has. FLUDD is unique and the potential is untapped(ill pump..), that and Ness' kill moves aren't that great to begin with. Easily better than Mario's, but they are all completely predictable except for bthrow because it comes out of a grab.

Mario can also camp a lot better than people give him credit for. Fireball is oh so spammable and cape blocks all projectiles. The projectile returning effect lasts so long after the actual swing that if you had Fox spamming laser against Mario spamming cape, Fox would be damaged twice as fast as Mario. If you had Falco doing it, Mario would probably not get hit. Mario also has his tricks. FLUDD can be spammed like a mother****er against Snake to just piss him off beyond belief. It's an extremely useful tool when used correctly. I've actually used FIHL to get a half charged F smash on my opponent before he regained control.

But they both have their problems. Ness has to select his moves very carefully and his boxing game isn't too great. Mario's boxing game is just fine but he suffers from one problem, he's got no weapon. If you look at the high tiers, they either have some sort of sword or projectile or insane range that allows them to **** those without a weapon or anything like that(like falcon..). Wario is an exception, but he has his air handling.

Anyways, Mario and Ness..it's hard to say which is really better but you should think before dogging Mario. They both have stupid game flaws that screw them, Mario being infinite'd by D3 and Ness having that grab release BS.

woody72691

Smash Ace
but the thing that i have a problem with mario is, why did they change his dair?? i mean come on in melee that was good spike if u knew where to it. i wouldnt call it a spike but u can make it into one. D3 i have no idea what his infinite is cause i havent played any D3 players. ness my good the things u can do with that kid will boggle anyone

Ismael

Smash Ace
Umm, Darknid. I KNOW ALL THAT! Seriously dude, wtfs with the random information?

I'm just saying that Ness is incredibly good, and he's right under Mario. Him going up one spot isn't as big a deal as you guys are making it sound. And Draconoa, have you ever faced a good Ness? He'll land it more then you think. And while you are right in some points, Ness isn't that reliant on PK Fire. He can just grab you. And at high percentages, your dead. Atleast not a really good Ness like the many I face in tournaments. And his spike is stupid good. XD

Jesus, did a bomb just blow up in here? Everybody chill.

Tenki

Smash Hero
And Draconoa, have you ever faced a good Ness? He'll land it more then you think.
Well, watch your wording here lol.

"He'll land it more than you think" - this implies that PK fire has some sort of setup that will allow Ness to land it.

Otherwise, if you're assuming "You won't shield it even 80% of the time" then you're banking on the player not having sufficient reaction speed to block the PK fire.

Anyway, from what I've gathered reading around/playing as Ness/playing with Ness mains from time to time, it's definitely not a huge staple in his game in the first place. It's one of those moves that, if it does land in the right conditions, can be a deadly move (cazcombo ;P)

I can't be bothered to find the quote, but somewhere on the Ness boards, someone said something along the lines of:

everyone who thinks PK fire and D-tilt are good moves for Ness need to stfu and stop playing wifi

Ismael

Smash Ace
lol, how did I not see that?

But yeah, that's what I meant. It's not a huge staple in his game as people think. But good Ness's do use their PK Fire wisely, and chances are you won't always see it coming.

Straked needs to come in here. He mains both Mario, and Ness. And I'm sure even he will tell you that Ness deserves a slightly higher spot.

Now, where were we? Oh yeah, MARIO FOR PREZ

woody72691

Smash Ace
Mario over Obama?? is that what u mean. Mario has got my vote. anyways Straked has said that ness does deserve a higher spot.

Ismael

Smash Ace
Mario over Obama?? is that what u mean. Mario has got my vote. anyways Straked has said that ness does deserve a higher spot.
Strake said that? Whoa, did not see that coming. Well, I guess this is all just an imo. Ness is just really good when I see him bieng used with great players. Even Matador got destroyed by one. Oh well, top of low tier it is then. XD

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Ness was definitely overlooked in the past two tier lists. He is a powerful character because of his power and aerial movement. You just have to know what options to use in order to optimize his speed and stuff.

woody72691

Smash Ace
well heres my explation. pit has a less lag than ness and idk if ness' down b can absorb pit's arrows cause i havent tried it out yet and since ness is a verteran, nintendo didnt work on them a lot and focused mostly on the newcomers instead. why do u think meta knight and snake are ranked high??

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol ness and pit's placing on the tier list isn't based no their matchups against each other

hm actually i think ness' placement on then tier list is fine, he could be anywhere between where he is now, and ike's position...

i juts think he should be separated from the likes of samus and yoshi haha

woody72691

Smash Ace
yeah how come nobody realizes that all the newcomers are placed somewhat higher than the veterans!!! captain falcon got ****ed over!!!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol, well Falcon is kinda bad.

the melee "nerf" really made people get a worse idea about him, cuz he is not THAT bad, but definitely the so-called "nerf" made people call him the worst character in the game

woody72691

Smash Ace
well HE'S NOT!! JUST BECAUSE HE HAS BAD MATCHUPS DOESNT MEAN HE CANT ****!!! sorry i just cant stand it when people trash falcon. he ***** in melee and he can so **** in brawl, with or without the tier list

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
well HE'S NOT!! JUST BECAUSE HE HAS BAD MATCHUPS DOESNT MEAN HE CANT ****!!! sorry i just cant stand it when people trash falcon. he ***** in melee and he can so **** in brawl, with or without the tier list
Yes he is bad. He can't ****: he doesn't have a single match-up in his favor.

You want to know what a "****'d" match-up is? Try Sheik or ICs VS Ganondorf.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol woody now you just sound like you're getting angry

accept your character's weaknesses especially if it's from a lower tier. i know when i use sheik, i am facing an uphill battle in many matchups but i still try my best.

woody72691

Smash Ace
same thing when i go with pit. even though he has a lot of good match ups

and ics. cant stand them why?? u attack the one thats not leading they dont take damage. kill one the other can still fight, just a endless cycle

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
on the bright side, they have poor movement and can be easily camped, spaced, and zoned :)

IC players try to set up a brick wall with blizzards and hammer priority, and then try to work in 0-death grab combos

Ismael

Smash Ace
same thing when i go with pit. even though he has a lot of good match ups

and ics. cant stand them why?? u attack the one thats not leading they dont take damage. kill one the other can still fight, just a endless cycle
lol, Nana takes damage. You just can't see her meter. Why do you think when you beat up Nana, then attack both Nana and Popo, Nana flys farther and gets killed easier. She gets damage.

Popo is insanely easy to gimp when it's just him, and Captain Falcon has an incredible ledge game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom