• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

woody72691

Smash Ace
i did think about it, it was bad response on both of are part your response had nothing to do with mine and mine was like proving it

kr3wman

Smash Master
i did think about it, it was bad response on both of are part your response had nothing to do with mine and mine was like proving it
My statement had everything to do with yours. You state something ; I add something to it. I wasn't disagreeing with yours in any way.

woody72691

Smash Ace
yeah but man it sounded so stupid. i just want a new tier and let's make sure that so called god meta knight gets knocked down a few tiers abit

Browny

Smash Hater
since my list V4.0 was horribad (and before things like pikas new CG etc were found), time for my list, V4.5

Win tier:
MK, Snake

Top tier
DDD, Falco, Diddy, Ice Climbers, Wario, G&W

High tier
Olimar, Marth, Lucario, Kirby, Pikachu, ROB

Mid tier
DK, ZSS, Peach, Toon Link, Wolf, Pit, Luigi, Fox, Zelda

Low tier
Bowser, Sheik, Sonic, PT, Ness, Yoshi, Mario, Lucas, Ike

Bottom tier
Samus, Ganondorf, Link, Jigglypuff, Captain falcon

lol i know my top/high tier may look weird, im basing it on the degree to which i think those characers can dominate the majority of the cast without much effort

Frown

poekmon
since my list V4.0 was horribad (and before things like pikas new CG etc were found), time for my list, V4.5

Win tier:
MK, Snake

Top tier

High tier

Mid tier

Low tier

Bottom tier
I like it, I like it a lot!

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Lucas, Ness, Mario, Yoshi, PT and Sonic all > Ike?

I'm sorry, but no. That is just flat out wrong. Again, the only one who can have an actual argument about being > Ike is Sonic.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You're an Ike main.. Any of those characters can beat Ike, Ike isn't that good. Maybe not Lucas and Ness, but I don't know those matchups too well. Mario Yoshi Sonic and PT can beat Ike, some of PT's Pokemon at least.

woody72691

Smash Ace

Win tier:
MK, Snake

Top tier

High tier

Mid tier

Low tier

Bottom tier

lol i know my top/high tier may look weird, im basing it on the degree to which i think those characers can dominate the majority of the cast without much effort

it's still bad

woody72691

Smash Ace
ice climbers are way to high. and CF didnt move one spot. i think he deserves a little bit more respect than that. ganon is just plan bad. falcon there are good signs

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You're an Ike main.. Any of those characters can beat Ike, Ike isn't that good. Maybe not Lucas and Ness, but I don't know those matchups too well. Mario Yoshi Sonic and PT can beat Ike, some of PT's Pokemon at least.
I'm assuming direct match-ups is what you were talking about (sound like it by the wording)

Mario is 45-55 or 5-5, it's board dependent which number you will see.
Yoshi is 5-5 both boards.
Sonic is 5-5 both boards.
Squirtle is 7-3, but were we hearing a heck of a lot of numbers from the PT boards. I've seen everything from 7-3 (most common from the Ike board people) to 45-55, even with the grab release CG, and the fact they stated Squirtle's weakness is disjointed hitboxes which Ike has plenty of. It was mostly agreed on that Ike has a large advantage here.
Ivy and Charizard went back and forth a bit, basically one was right at even, the other was a slight disadvantage. Which one was which also went back and forth a bit, but I think it was 5-5 or 55-45 for Ivy and 45-55 or 4-6 Charizard.
Ness is even. (which way it leans is unknown, not enough Ness or Ike mains, and they basically never run into each other.)
Same idea with Lucas as with Ness.

Basically IIRC, the only lower ranked character (counting PT as a single character) that has an undisputed advantage is Link, and it's only 45-55.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I'm assuming direct match-ups is what you were talking about (sound like it by the wording)

Mario is 45-55 or 5-5, it's board dependent which number you will see.
Yoshi is 5-5 both boards.
Sonic is 5-5 both boards.
Squirtle is 7-3, but were we hearing a heck of a lot of numbers from the PT boards. I've seen everything from 7-3 (most common from the Ike board people) to 45-55, even with the grab release CG, and the fact they stated Squirtle's weakness is disjointed hitboxes which Ike has plenty of. It was mostly agreed on that Ike has a large advantage here.
Ivy and Charizard went back and forth a bit, basically one was right at even, the other was a slight disadvantage. Which one was which also went back and forth a bit, but I think it was 5-5 or 55-45 for Ivy and 45-55 or 4-6 Charizard.
Ness is even. (which way it leans is unknown, not enough Ness or Ike mains, and they basically never run into each other.)
Same idea with Lucas as with Ness.

Basically IIRC, the only lower ranked character (counting PT as a single character) that has an undisputed advantage is Link, and it's only 45-55.
OK, well on a tier list it's not matchups that really determine X character being higher than Y character, well not matchups with each other that is. What matters more is matchups in general, and iirc Ike has some pretty horrendous mtchups with higher tier characters. Well, so do some of the other characters we're discussing as well.

Arguing for the sake of arguing is fun.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
I know that. You're the one that brought up the match-ups with those characters. >_>

Ike has 3 "****'d" match-ups, none of them as bad as say Mario VS D3. (lol infinity). Olimar is 3-7, Falco is either 3-7 or 35-65, D3 is either 3-7 or 35-65 unless it's Pirate Ship, in which case it's neutral to Ike's slight favor (of course, any D3 that knows what he is doing will strike that stage, but it's lulzy how much a stage can change a match-up. Big blast zones, no gimp KOs for D3, and no walk-off KOs for D3 = suddenly a lot easier match-up for Ike).

Sonic I have already mentioned I can see why people place him above Ike, so there isn't much to mention here. Mario has his LOL ***** YOU ARE NEVER WINNING A TOURNAMENT BECAUSE OF THIS match-up, Lucas has the deadly 4/5/what ever number it is of match-ups that kill him, Ness is in a similar boat, just slightly less so (Extra Inch DI was proven false IIRC, I saw that in a topic on the Ness boards. Someone went to de-bug mode, saw NO differences what so ever when using EIDI so w/e).

Yoshi and PT I am not as sure about match-up wise. Yoshi I know has his "not as bad as most people" match-up against MK, but I don't remember much outside of that for the high tiers: I'd have to re-look it up. PT has Marth for an indisputable bad match-up. According to them, they don't have another match-up were all 3 are at an disadvantage and the rest they have at least one neutral, but I'll be honest and say after their match-up discussion with the Ike boards and seeing how they discussed match-ups with other boards I don't trust their numbers that much. They changed the frame data of Bullet Seed like, 3 times when talking about it.

And yes, arguing for the sake of arguing is fun.

EDIT: I looked up Yoshi's, found a topic that has all of the match-up ratios but is slightly older (last post was in December). He looks fairly similar match-up wise: most match-ups are in the neutral area, a lot of disadvantages in the higher tiers with a few odd ones, etc.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless

Win tier:
MK, Snake

Top tier

High tier

Mid tier

Low tier

Bottom tier

i see no reason for Ganon to be above Link

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
They are both quite bad lol, why do you let 1 spot get to you?

They're in the same tier, that's all that really matters. Chars in those tiers need amazing players to have any success

Like Sakurai.

HE IS ENTERTAINER

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
They are both quite bad lol, why do you let 1 spot get to you?

They're in the same tier, that's all that really matters. Chars in those tiers need amazing players to have any success

Like Sakurai.

HE IS ENTERTAINER
bad or not it doesn't matter. it's just like saying CF is better than Ganon, it's not true.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
which high tier does Ike beat? Hell, which non-bottom tier does Ike beat?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'm sure a good enough Ike player can beat most of the bottom tiers. People's pre-conceived notions about matchups usually dont apply to great players of given characters

like my sheik

i am amazing

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Hmmm, djbrowny's tier list is intriguing. I agree with Diddy and Wario jumping up. Olimar is rightfully ahea of Marth (agreed with some, Marth is good, but a bit overrated), but he may even belong ahead of G&W. MAYBE! Snake and MK in the same tier is a good start, this SS Tier has GOT to go! Meta's still a beast, but he sure isn't the unbeatable broken monster everyone was scared of back in January. Personally, I think MK and Snake could be in the same tier as the rest of the top, but if you want to keep them apart and label that "Top", it works too. I think the ICs are a bit high, and Bowser shouldnt be quite that low. Maybe Pika ahead of Kirby thanks to CG? I dunno. Kirb is still probably overall better, but who knows.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Well we'd all like to write our own reviews wouldn't we?
You should try it sometime

I can vouch for choknater.

choknater's shiek is epically amazing.
man i dont even have new youtube videos and you know whats up

anyway: WingedKnight i think you're right about both MK and Snake being in their own top tier

or S tier if you wanna call it that

I think they deserve to be called on par sicne Snake players are REALLY stepping it up lately with great tactical improvements. mk is still ahead by a bit but no biggie, snake u got this

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
which high tier does Ike beat? Hell, which non-bottom tier does Ike beat?
Right off the bat, Ike has a 6-4 advantage over the ICs. I'll put up the current numbers right now (lol copy+past from first post in this topic). No ratio = no discussion yet, "*" means re-discussion is needed. These are from memory, so one or two might be off.

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00 35-65

S Tier
Snake 13.91 4-6*

A Tier
Falco 13.03 3-7*
King Dedede 12.94 35-65
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50 45-55
Marth 12.09 4-6
Diddy Kong 11.94 45-55

B Tier
Wario 11.47 5-5
R.O.B. 11.38 4-6
Lucario 10.94 35-65
Olimar 10.94 3-7

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34 4-6*
Kirby 10.16 45-55
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59 6-4

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88 4-6*
Toon Link 8.47 4-6*
Pit 8.44 4-6
Peach 8.16 5-5*
Wolf 7.91 4-6

E Tier
Luigi 7.41 55-45
Zelda 7.03 55-45
Bowser 6.91 5-5* Pre-chain grab, now our favor for sure
Fox 6.66 5-5
Sheik 6.44 4-6
Ike 5.91 Ditto Match

F Tier
Mario 4.56 Not "officially" done, but we came to 5-5 when at the Mario boards
Lucas 4.50 5-5
Ness 4.50 5-5
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16 5-5
Pokémon Trainer 3.94 55-45
Yoshi 3.66 5-5

G Tier
Link 2.28 45-55
Jigglypuff 2.03 6-4
Ganondorf 1.88 65-35
Captain Falcon 1.63

Yes, a lot of 4-6s, but on the other hand there aren't a lot of "lol ****'d" match-ups, with a few noticeable evens (45-55 to 55-45 range) in the higher tiers. He has no "impossible" match-ups (Kirk beats Olimars, which is by far our worse match-up, as does Ryko so it's do able), and these match-ups obviously are just averages, and don't go into stages. Often, there are at least two stages in which the ratio changes in Ike's favor which we can use to our benefit, such as Rainbow Cruise, Delfino, and Pirate Ship for VSing Olimar, with only one stage that really hurts Ike (Jungle Japes).

I'm not saying he has great match-ups, or even good ones, but it's far from terrible like some people seem to think. I did an average before with a couple different numbers and it came out to be 47-53 on average, and we haven't even gotten to add Falcon in yet. Most of his match-ups are very manageable once you get knowledge of how to fight the character.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure a good enough Ike player can beat most of the bottom tiers. People's pre-conceived notions about matchups usually dont apply to great players of given characters

like my sheik

i am amazing
Yeah but couldn't you say the same about any low tier? I'm sure Mario, Ness and Yoshi have much more potential than Ike. You could say a great Ike could beat the average bottom tiers, but could a great ike really beat a great Mario or Ness or whoever? If you are going to compare the best of the best, I'd like to see a great Ike beating Deva, Boss or any other great players that play low tiers. But even so..you're not doing it right. If you're going to assume that the low tiers will be your average pro player, you must assume the same for Ike as far as the tier list is concerned. I see no reason other than D3 to place Ike above the likes of Mario, Ness and Yoshi. But I am not dogging Ike, though, he is just overrated(just like his buddy Marth..)

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Chok, your absolutely right. Meta Knight is still, plain and simple, better than Snake. But MK's metagame has kinda come to a screeching halt. He's an exceptional character: he's just kinda limited and new stuff doesn't come up. Snake is in a more constant state of evolution, and like you said they have been working the tactics for serious. Meta is still the best, but not a whole tier above the next character below him. He was never THAT good, not even during the ban-craze.
Maybe I'm just biased, as I main the Dream Land trio. But Meta just isn't a mile above the rest of the cast like everyone once thought. Hopefully they change this SS garbage on the June list.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Right off the bat, Ike has a 6-4 advantage over the ICs. I'll put up the current numbers right now (lol copy+past from first post in this topic). No ratio = no discussion yet, "*" means re-discussion is needed. These are from memory, so one or two might be off.

SS Tier
Meta Knight 15.00 35-65

S Tier
Snake 13.91 4-6*

A Tier
Falco 13.03 3-7*
King Dedede 12.94 35-65
Mr. Game & Watch 12.50 45-55
Marth 12.09 4-6
Diddy Kong 11.94 45-55

B Tier
Wario 11.47 5-5
R.O.B. 11.38 4-6
Lucario 10.94 35-65
Olimar 10.94 3-7

C Tier
Pikachu 10.34 4-6*
Kirby 10.16 45-55
Donkey Kong 10.06
Ice Climbers 9.59 6-4

D Tier
Zero Suit Samus 8.88 4-6*
Toon Link 8.47 4-6*
Pit 8.44 4-6
Peach 8.16 5-5*
Wolf 7.91 4-6

E Tier
Luigi 7.41 55-45
Zelda 7.03 55-45
Bowser 6.91 5-5* Pre-chain grab, now our favor for sure
Fox 6.66 5-5
Sheik 6.44 4-6
Ike 5.91 Ditto Match

F Tier
Mario 4.56 Not "officially" done, but we came to 5-5 when at the Mario boards
Lucas 4.50 5-5
Ness 4.50 5-5
Samus 4.41
Sonic 4.16 5-5
Pokémon Trainer 3.94 55-45
Yoshi 3.66 5-5

G Tier
Link 2.28 45-55
Jigglypuff 2.03 6-4
Ganondorf 1.88 65-35
Captain Falcon 1.63

Yes, a lot of 4-6s, but on the other hand there aren't a lot of "lol ****'d" match-ups, with a few noticeable evens (45-55 to 55-45 range) in the higher tiers. He has no "impossible" match-ups (Kirk beats Olimars, which is by far our worse match-up, as does Ryko so it's do able), and these match-ups obviously are just averages, and don't go into stages. Often, there are at least two stages in which the ratio changes in Ike's favor which we can use to our benefit, such as Rainbow Cruise, Delfino, and Pirate Ship for VSing Olimar, with only one stage that really hurts Ike (Jungle Japes).

I'm not saying he has great match-ups, or even good ones, but it's far from terrible like some people seem to think. I did an average before with a couple different numbers and it came out to be 47-53 on average, and we haven't even gotten to add Falcon in yet. Most of his match-ups are very manageable once you get knowledge of how to fight the character.
A lot of those matchups seem like you simply slapped a 50-50 on there and called it a day. I mean come on..Almost even with Diddy Kong? Does that make sense? Even with Sonic? Was that really explored? Was Wario really explored? Even with Lucas and Ness? It really doesn't seem like the work has been done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom