• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

S1 The God

Feeding the streets since 1885
might be going. tam has to make a final verdict

anyone need a teammate?

edit: nvm :(

jbro

Smash Ace
I'm gonna not go, despite honestly wanting to.
I've been missing practicing with my bands.

Considering all the time I spend on my couch, you'd think I wasn't busy. ****, I seem to be running around constantly somehow.

TheLake

Smash Master
well isnt it interesting

that none of us go to ROM5

and its like the worst tourney of the year lol

fate can be a kind and mysterious mistress, no?

takieddine

Smash Master
LoL a tourney with no pittsburgh is not a tourney...CF3 was 1000x more hype...and thats just sad, no offense to CF3 obviously.

In less shocking news, I am quitting Melee in pursuit of my dreams of becoming an African American Habber-dasher.

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Lol. Why is Johny like the "Meg" of Pgh?

Eh, I'm still a fan.

Posting from a bus.

On my way home.

#superboredbros

##mobile wifi

Life

Smash Hero
What happened at ROM, tl;dr version:

TO messed with the bracket
Unkn.own (who had been moved) and M2K had to play each other in Winner's Semis
M2K won two games CPing FD, including Game 5 in a nail-biter
Realized afterwards ROM was using a different version of DSR than other tournaments, so M2K couldn't CP FD again
TO forces replay of Game 5, M2K loses
Top handful split the pot

Salt ensued. Oh, and the stream was on the front page of twitch, so apparently this makes us look bad or something.

takieddine

Smash Master
I love you chris <3

I can't wait to play da melees wif you and everyone else
I'm usually not one to discourage someone from going to school but AiP is outrageous, and you're basically paying for the piece of paper, as most people that go there, already have most of the talent, drive and skill anyway.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I'm usually not one to discourage someone from going to school but AiP is outrageous, and you're basically paying for the piece of paper, as most people that go there, already have most of the talent, drive and skill anyway.
Taki we should definitely discuss when i move back. I agree the people who are usually good are usually already talented and motivated before getting tens of thousands of dollars in debt, but I felt going was more to make possible connections to get sweet jobs. Plus, wanting to move into the animation/cartooning field is something I need school for. I'll definitely have to weight my options after i mvoe down if there are cheaper, quality schools that can teach what I want to get the art career I want to pursue.

@carrol - deal :woman:

Vudujin

Smash Lord
Connections is about 80% of the reason I even went to school. That and knowing all of the technologies involved in production. Art is a lifstyle, not a career. The sky isn't even a limit. The heart is the only resource that never dries, just gets broken and fixed. Long live smash, art, and friendship. . . . . . and my sister Rachel. :luigi:

Edit: My sister wanted to see these.

:mario: :dk: :wario: :peach: :yeahboi:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Art school is great for networking and learning the basics
Or if you're in GAD or animation....to learn important stuff and use the tens of thousands of dollars worth of tutorials and programs

Also career services guy for game design is worth tuition
Dude knows what he is doing
Im a 5th quarter student and I'm already job hunting/harassing professionals xD

:phone:

Top Bottom