• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

takieddine

Smash Master
The official NEOH/PGH website, guidelines, smash map, directory, as well as a lot of other things that you should really check out!

WEBSITE FOR NEOH/PGH:
www.pghneohsmash.com

GUIDELINES (please review in an effort to promote group efficiency):
http://tinyurl.com/NEOH-PGH-Guidelines

NEOH/PGH SMASH MAP:
http://tinyurl.com/NEOH-PGH-MAP

DIRECTORY (alphabetizes automatically; add name to bottom of list):
http://tinyurl.com/NEOH-PGH-Directory

SMASH 4 3DS/WiiU FRIEND CODE DIRECTORY:
http://tinyurl.com/NEOH-PGH-Smash4Directory

NEOH POWER RANKINGS:
http://smashboards.com/…/northeastern-ohio-melee-rankings.…/

PGH POWER RANKINGS:
http://smashboards.com/…/official-pgh-power-rankings-winte…/

REGIONAL TWITTER:
https://twitter.com/PGHNEOHSmash/

MAIN NEOH/PGH MELEE YOUTUBE PAGE:
http://www.youtube.com/user/DjNicholasRAGE

MAIN NEOH/PGH PROJECT M YOUTUBE PAGE:
http://www.youtube.com/user/NEOHPGHProjectMelee (outdated)

BEANWOLF'S BIG STREAMING GUIDE:
http://tinyurl.com/Streamwolf

Last edited:

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Nice! I'm glad to see that you got something like this started (there should be less confusion now).

In other news...
1. I believe that a new crew should replace SCS, and it should be given a new name.
2. My friends and I are sticking together as the MCC (Mordor Cut Crew). We will continue to improve our skills (since we're new to competitive smashing and all) and eventually get our name out there. We're a work in progress now. However, don't be afraid to call on us for alternates if you need to.
3. If you guys ever want my honest opinion on anything, just ask. I'm not afraid to share my thoughts.

That's all I've got for now and hope to see you all on Friday.

Oh, I dunno if everyone knows that DUQ stands for Duquesne.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Taki change the title to actualy say Duquesne. Otherwise people might get confused.

1-Name change
2-Vids will come today from the crew battle last friday
3-Bring some paper so we can figure out who we want on the crew, and teams for the next mock crew battle.

Good to see that we have another actual crew showing up fridays.

Uh, as for possible names... I've got ... nothing. Soon to come.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Now this is nice. Glad to see we're truly going to make something of these. Can hardly wait!

Also... just like the mock crew battles - any plans on hosting small singles, doubles, and/or low tier tournies sometime?

Hope to catch a lot of these in the future. And I must thank you Taki for taking charge and getting all these smashes planned out and functioning - you've given us all a lot of grand good times, past, present, and thankfully future.

Nakamaru

Smash Master
@Swift
--Just come for as long as you can. I'm recording and it will all be set up this time. You can't miss out on that.

@Taki
--Dude we owe you alot for doing this. Also we should try to train for CyberXCon on sunday. I wont be competeting though, although that might change if i get a sitting job this weekend.

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Friday's Crews

Team 1 aka Team Victory:
Captain: Wes
PockyD
Rob (Me)
Cowboyardee
PlayaFritz
TSK
One more person whose name I forget... sorry

Team 2 aka Team Taki:
Captain: Taki
SwiftBass
Naka
Evan (not on smashboards)
Corey (not on smashboards)
Matt (not on smashboards)
A-Laon

BTW: Team Victory won by 2 stocks... it was an incredibly even matchup though.

A-Laon

Smash Master
I just regret I didn't manage to catch the entire crew battle. Always sucks showing up late, and unfortunately that may be the norm for Fritz and I.

Then again, we may have been there for the beginning hadn't we underestimated "340 ft" and wound up across the Liberty and up Mount Washington.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Lol, yea, thx again for setting these up Taki, it is a good opritunity for me and alan(A-Laon) to get some good practice in and have some fun.

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
I'm likely for friday. Around 5 or 5:30

Nils, let me know if you're coming friday/need a ride, or if you're interested for playing thursday.

K_Walk

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Playa work on that sheik cause i need good sheiks to train against my GnW. Cause mother ****er is that a hard uphill fight.
I'll give you a good Sheik to train against.

I've decided to bring my Sheik back up to tournament-worthiness after seeing ROB$'s Sheik.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
not everywhere as it once was a few years ago, nevertheless she is around. I used to hate her the most, but i think now its just whatever. ppl also say that Marth is easier to use than her(which I disagree with).

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Space animals have become the new shiek. Everyone can use them. Marth is another one i have trouble counterpicking for. Sometimes falcon works, and sometimes falco works. And when i feel like beign a sick sedistic ******* GnW sometimes works. O.o

I really need to learn a few more counter picks...

pockyD

Smash Legend
sheik is by far the easiest character to get to a playable level (i.e. good enough to only get 1stocked at worst at cyberconxion), but when you get up to the pro level, playing sheik gets a lot harder (it's hard to tell what pro sheiks do differently from amateur sheiks, but it definitely produces different results)

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Yea, it is alot like amatures and pro difference in any game. That is why i never got past semi pro ring in halo 2.

One thing that i know separates pros from amatures is the ablility to analize a person's play style and adapt.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Hey Naka, just to stray from the discussion for a quick bit - how are the vids from Friday coming along? Not trying to nag, but I can't deny my anticipation for them.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
I agree that Sheik is deffinately easy to play as, but i have been playing her for about 3 years off and on, and i just adapted Advanced tactics about a month and a half ago

cowboyardee

Smash Journeyman
Sheik can be almost a little too easy to play competitively at a reasonable level.

The nice thing about sheik is you can just sort of pick her up and do reasonably well with her. You don't really need to know any combos or character-specific tactics to do well enough with her. Run and jump around and needle and cc and wd until you get your chance to grab or hit. Once opp is in hitlag, if he's above you, fair or uair, if low, ftilt or dtilt, if DIing away from you, dash attack. Repeat if opp is still in hitlag and not fully dead. I just started ******* around with her a month or two ago, and I sometimes do as well or better with sheik than I do with my mains.

That said, I'm probably gonna try not to play her very much since I use her pretty much as a crutch. Not saying anyone else does this or shouldn't play her or whatever -- just that my mains would be better if I didn't jump to sheik when I have a hard matchup or an unknown matchup.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
yea, Me and A-Laon and Hikathci somashi watever Jounin should almost be 100% sure of coming on Friday, Taki this was the random Mario dude that beat you at the tourney, lol

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
People I'm bringing on Friday:
Evan (mains Samus)
Corey (mains everyone)

Pending:
Jace (mains Luigi)

Expect them around 4:30... I'll be there around 12.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
Well, all of a sudden things have taken a drastic shift in events, apperently me and the group mentioned above will not be going to "minismashfest" tomorow, (at least as of now) Put us back to maybe though cause ill see what i can do

A-Laon

Smash Master
Where do you guys live? I might be able to give you a ride if you dont mind getting picked up at like 12:30-1ish
Heh. Every possible part of that wouldn't work. We're in highschool, so we obviously wouldn't be available at that time, we're a notably good distance away, we'd still have no ride back, and finally, due to our age, we of course come across the ever-so-persistent "parental consent" barrier. :p

Thanks for the offer though. We just have pretty much every unfortunate odd against us as possible when it comes to attending these...

ROB_[MCC}

Smash Apprentice
Anybody coming later should be aware that tommorrow is "Light-Up Night" in Pittsburgh, meaning that traffic could be heavy. Just a little warning.

PlayaFritz

Smash Apprentice
yea thx for the offer though Naka, but alan is right if we cant get a ride there by our own means, we pretty much cant go at all

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Uh i'm 17, in highschool, and bound by the same stuff you guys are. Just being a seinor has lots of advantages. Also driving places is no problem, but it is all up to you. its up there if ya need it.

A-Laon

Smash Master
Uh i'm 17, in highschool, and bound by the same stuff you guys are. Just being a seinor has lots of advantages. Also driving places is no problem, but it is all up to you. its up there if ya need it.
And I thank you for that. It doesn't looking promising right now, but I'll see what I can do in the future. Many thanks.

Top Bottom