• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
in all honesty, i'd rather play melee, but everyone in houston focused on brawl.

and in all fairness I wouldn't want to teach a n00b the one day of the week everyone meets up, when I could be playing, and practicing for upcoming events anyway, so i couldnt blame anyone if they didn't want to play me.

I am excited to get into melee, it will just take some time and a little money; It's like i thought I was learning how to drive a car, then i realized I haven't even began to crawl (my crappy brawl/melee comparison ). It is a little disheartening, but luckily everyone seemed much friendlier than some of the south's scene i had been in contact with. within the next month ill be coming every friday. trust me it's the only thing i am looking forward to, i am just an embarrassment in comparrison to the skill i saw last friday, lol.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
nah man i am working like everyday the next two weeks. and **** no i didn't it is easy to say "lol you only get better if you jump in and practice" or some other bull ****, but there is no way I am going to show the balls to say to someone i don't know " hey, mr. random guy bashing brawl, i know i just invested my last year playing an inferior game, but can i use your controller to play a game i haven't touched in over a year, lulz".

I decided ill wait till i have money to buy a cube and get familiar with the game, then i'll let everyone **** me so i can get better. I would just hate for the first impression everyone has of "tex" is " lol, did he just sprang his wrist trying to shffl".

safety first, then team work.
It's not bull ****. That's what I did, and I've never even played competitive melee before (I didn't know how to wavedash or shffl), and I showed up the first week. Then, I went to a stacked tournament last weekend (after playing for 2 months) and got *****. Ask Logan how much better I played today than I ever have. We don't care how good you are, just that you're willing to learn. I don't know how else to encourage you. Just get out there and play **** it.

Yo, and (even though this is way down the road) if there's a SPOC over the summer (or anything in Philly), I'm offering you guys housing in advance. I live like an hour to and hour and a half away (depends on whether Naka or Rob is driving), but I have plenty of room for people a couple of TVs (one is a 60", get at me). It'll be good times.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I feel i am being misunderstood, I am more than fine at getting *****, but I first want to get the game and get acclimated with the controls first, (which would only take me a day or less, so it wouldn't even be an issue but as i am broke i have to wait for cash flow to get this very simple step over with )

trust me i want to get the ***** and whatnot.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Taki/Rob: Here's the deal with me and CABC. We both have classes until like 5:00ish on Tuesday and Thursday. CABC is mad busy Wednesday, but I'm off after 11:00 a.m. If you guys want to come on up at any of those times, just let one of us know.

TheLake

Smash Master
Taki we only got your controller

Im pretty sure....): Im sorry i love you and imma let you finish but...

Ahh im just happy for you is all (:

Pittsburgh *****...zelda raaapes harder

D20

Smash Lord
Haha! Don't worry Renth. It's a just a joke. We were stuck on a two hour detour on the way home from Philly and were looking for someone to blame it on. We picked you.

<3

takieddine

Smash Master
What anonable said......................................

fuuck

Aaron, Mike or whoever may have the backpack please respond quickly so I can figure out what to do about it.

I just could never get any Falco practice.

TheLake

Smash Master
Call jacob or john or matt taki

I just have your controller :/ The only thing you gave me...I dont remember xyt giving me anything

Nakamaru

Smash Master
Thanks for the compliment WEMP. Even though i have yet to say a word to you in person.

I hope we will actually get to see you play sometime soon. There is always room for more people, and the world can always use more link players.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
indeed, well i get my first paycheck next friday, so after that i can get all my **** in order.

also, vyke, if you are free saturday let me know, thats like my only day off for the next week it seems.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I might be busy... I don't believe I'm doing anything on the 24th. I might go visit me mum the day before, but that's about it.

By the way, Shayne is the unluckiest person at Mario Party 2. Mike is the opposite. He won with seven stars (WITHOUT BONUS) and 50-something coins. At one point in time Shayne had no stars, and 99 coins. Then the Bowser Coin Cannon hit him. He was at 0 stars, 0 coins.

It was really, really funny. The Space stage sucks btw.

takieddine

Smash Master
God **** it. Well if anyone has any clue to what happened let me know, this is including mike. Thanks....

I just knew this would happen problem is all i could do is just sit there and watch it happen.

takieddine

Smash Master
Yeah but its all the clothes I actually wear..., lemme see what mike did first IDK how they could have gotten lost because i was on the phone with him, he described exactly the contents of the bag and he said hes giving it to lake now....

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Taki, have you not figured out that it's a ruse by now?

Evidence:

Aaron's first post (before you said anything about your stuff) was that he only got your controller. That implies that he knew there was something else you left. You only talked to xyt, which means if he never gave him the bag, Aaron wouldn't have known you left it at all.

And so the Great Bag Caper has been solved!

TheLake

Smash Master
XYT, aka the guy who i was on the phone with and who told me he gave you the bag as we were speaking.
haha whoa tony ease that tiger up a bit

if it comforts you at night to blame me or believe i destroyed your bag and am bent on making you miserable by all means go ahead.

your controller is in good hands...(Maybe (;)

Top Bottom