• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *Official* Pittsburgh Melee Weeklies Thread of the LoL WoW Love

AprilShaw

aka Logan
You better come back Taki D: I wanna see how I do in Fox dittos now that we're both awake. I think I've gotten better, but really, I'm probably just telling myself that so that you can shut down the thought even harder.

:D

I wanna get in some matches with you tonight.

D20

Smash Lord
I have my recording equipment. Bring whatever you'll need for staying over at Cactuar's. I have a few blankets, but I'd bring what you have.

I'm at the NiteSpot now.

Vyke

Smash Champion
I'm currently at PCI in pittsburh, getting a ride back to a carpool right next to 28.
I'm going to drive home and wait there until Jacob and his posse arrive back at his place. Anyone have a general idea of when that is? I'm guessing 12 - 2 am.

Actually, since WEMP lives off of 28 I can probably stay in Pittsburgh and in Duquesne and hitch a ride back with Jacob, assuming he's going to drop of WEMP at Fox Chapel (Which is on 28). Then he can get off at my carpool, I drive my car home to get all the things I need, then meet up at Jacob's again.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
make sure to bring the controller , i made sure i didn't lose ff7.

also, random question, how long do these usually last for? I don't really care the longer the better in my opinion i just would like to know how much sleep i should expect tonight as i start my job at 9:30 the next morning

Vyke

Smash Champion
I won't be able to give it to you, it's still at my house. :/

It's aight, plenty of people will have spares. And I can always torrent FF7! Win/win.

Exetus

Smash Cadet
Just got a phone call from Cobalt:

There's a few CMU smashers at Duquesne right now unable to get in because there's no Duquesne student to sign them in.

A-Laon

Smash Master
The pages in this thread have been proliferating more rapidly than a population of jackrabbits in a decadent spring. It's gonna be a lonely two days of silence.

<3 everyone.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
an extremely belated good luck to everyone at spoc.

on a side note, naka, your fox was very impressive, I didn't talk so much as I didn't want to bother anyone, but after i get my set up and get into the grove of things, i would love to get some fox practice.

Cobalt

Smash Journeyman
Saw the SPOC results over in that thread, awesome job guys.

It made me curious, though--at what point would you consider someone "tournament-ready"? And about how long does it usually take to get to that point? I ask because eventually I want to go to some tournaments, and I'd rather not spend $20+ and a full day to get beaten by everyone in a 3-mile radius by going before I'm ready.

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
Saw the SPOC results over in that thread, awesome job guys.

It made me curious, though--at what point would you consider someone "tournament-ready"? And about how long does it usually take to get to that point? I ask because eventually I want to go to some tournaments, and I'd rather not spend $20+ and a full day to get beaten by everyone in a 3-mile radius by going before I'm ready.
Any time. I shelled out the $10 bucks to play. The experience was definitely worth it. You just have to seek out games and talk with people (which I didn't do enough of =/ , although I still learned a lot).

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
you are tourney ready when u understand mentally how they work and have an understanding of what you are getting into. Tourney experience whether you get 2 and outted the first few times is priceless in comparison to friendlies and session with people. Everyone has to take their licks.

goto a tourney:

Enter singles at the least
Play lots of friendlies
???
profit

trust me almost everyone has started in this fashion. Some people are scared of the pressure and need to get over it and some just need to come to the realization that they have to pay money to get better....and by paying I mean entrance fee for tourneys. If you really wanna 'play' this then there IS an investment of time and expense invovled, but thats how it is with a lot of things if you think about it. Im not directing any of this at you just trying to give you a general outlook of how things go in the community(just as they do in other communities and other aspects of hobbies/recreation)

D20

Smash Lord
Wow. That tournament was epic. I haven't seen a bracket that stacked since C3 a few years ago. It was awesome to see Swift and Mogwai (and even xyt) again.

Also... Pittsburgh *****.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
They're lying to you. Unless you're good like Tim you're never ready for tournies D:

(Just kidding!)

Yeah I got ***** but it was awesome. Just go to tourneys and play people to get better. You could get your tech skill down flawlessly but chances are you'll have trouble wavedashing and L-cancelling until you get used to playing in a tourney setting lol. I know for me I feel really, like, smooth/fast when I'm playing with people worse than me but at that tournament I felt completely overwhelmed playing some people, especially Alukard who 3-stocked me twice. But I definitely felt that this time I did better than SPOC6 and that at SPOC6 I did better than at the previous tourney, etc etc. Hopefully I can go to ROM2 and be decent by the time Pound 4 rolls around xP

Edit: Rob what music was that on your CD? Was it all Coheed and Cambria? Tracks 5 and 6 (I think) were way cool and I think it was a different band, but I was half asleep so I'm not sure lol

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
*sees Kage and Linguini on the ROM2 confirmed list*

Really wants to go to ROM2. Hopefully school/rides/money will align for this.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
nah man i am working like everyday the next two weeks. and **** no i didn't it is easy to say "lol you only get better if you jump in and practice" or some other bull ****, but there is no way I am going to show the balls to say to someone i don't know " hey, mr. random guy bashing brawl, i know i just invested my last year playing an inferior game, but can i use your controller to play a game i haven't touched in over a year, lulz".

I decided ill wait till i have money to buy a cube and get familiar with the game, then i'll let everyone **** me so i can get better. I would just hate for the first impression everyone has of "tex" is " lol, did he just sprang his wrist trying to shffl".

safety first, then team work.

AprilShaw

aka Logan
Hey, whatever you choose to do :p but we wouldn't make fun of you lol. And we bash brawl just because, no one'll make fun of you for playing it lol. Don't worry about it.

Also if you bring brawl i'm sure someone'll play with you, just not right before a tourney and all. And we might be terrible at it, lol.

Top Bottom