• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

RDK

Smash Hero
But it said the grapple was Zam's Up-B. WTF? What happened to Screw Attack?

ZOMG--Blackadder is back. w00t.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I've been back for ages now. XD

How did you get banned anyways? What did you do?

Also, when Sakurai says other people can use this trick, I bet he means Link. And...no one else.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I was hoping for this...It's an UpB and it has directional influence!
That's a perfectly good update, STOP COMPLAINING!
Maybe she can grab people out of the air or throw them around when she's on the ground but the don't disconnect from the whip? Air grab and throw down would be sweet but that's probably not the case.

Sexy Suit Samus SM FTW!

RDK

Smash Hero
How did you get banned anyways? What did you do?
I killed someone.

Also, when Sakurai says other people can use this trick, I bet he means Link. And...no one else.
And regular Samus. And maybe Ivysaur. But yeah, that's probably it.

Vagrant Lustoid

Smash Journeyman
And Mario. Why? Because he's the ultimate Gary Stu, and everyone loves him because of it. Including me. I heart Mario.

Honestly though, despite seeming dull at first glance... okay, no, this update was dull. But I do like the range on that grapple. So here's my hope. When in the air and you use Up B, it autolatches onto the nearest ledge above your level. If there are none in range above you, it instead whips around in a wide arc, covering almost the full 180 upper arc, striking anyone in range, cause it's a whip, you know?

And when on the ground, if you use it, I hope for it to become DIable, and either strike far away for damage (which would be cool) or perhaps wrap around arms or legs of airborne characters for ground-to-air grappling. Which would be sweet. And as an even cooler thing, if a team mate gets knocked away from the stage, Zamus can use her whip to grab them and pull them back on. It'd be sweet.

So yeah, though the update was boring, I feel that the potential it could offer is fun for discussion.

The next one will be... some sort of special moves for PT. That's my guess anyway.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I predict that they will release an average of one character per week from here until the release date.

There are 18 characters that we've seen so far, and three of them still have yet to be in their own update (3= Meta, Snake, Peach). There are only 15 weeks left right now before Brawl is out. Even if they do update a character once a week would only leave 30 or so characters announced, leaving around 10 to be announced after the game is released, assuming that there will be 40 characters playable.

Maybe, maybe not???

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna guess we might get peach. Actually, it's more wishful thinking, because I don't want her to be in a later update, ruining our hopes of seeing a character whose inclusion is still a mystery. If Peach is ever a big update, that ruins the weeks chances of something mind blowing. I mean, Sakurai wouldn't give us the most exciting thing so early? I mean, PT is pretty cool, but at this point, there has got to be more. So I hope it's peach .
Of course, it's probably going to be like the revealing of stadium mode, or even trophy collecting. Hopefully not though.
Also, are we ever going to get some solid info on Snake and Meta Knight? I don't necessarily care much about MK, but as a huge Metal Gear fan, I'd love to know about some of Snake's moves.

Talendime

Smash Ace
I predict that they will release an average of one character per week from here until the release date.

There are 18 characters that we've seen so far, and three of them still have yet to be in their own update (3= Meta, Snake, Peach). There are only 15 weeks left right now before Brawl is out. Even if they do update a character once a week would only leave 30 or so characters announced, leaving around 10 to be announced after the game is released, assuming that there will be 40 characters playable.

Maybe, maybe not???

My guess would be that only the starting line-up will be announced on the website, making a total of 25-28 characters (double that of Melee's), and the ones that are unlockable will remain unseen.. So the 1 character a week pattern would actually be fairly accurate.

And to Red Darkstar Kirby , I think the whip is only meant for Zero Suit Samus, and the armoured Samus still used the screwball attack. I could be wrong though.

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
O.M.G. STUPID UPDATE. oh well it's not the worst. we should get something better tomorrow, maybe a stage.
Finally, someone who understands! You win a photo:

Oh, wait...Don't kill me.

I doubt Samus is gonna lose her screw attack (lol) but Zamus's Up-B looks more like grab. But, then that'd be unoriginal considering Samus's grab is the grappling hook.

Sanjuinuthus

Smash Apprentice
I think tomorrow's update will be a stage, since the more major updates are on Friday and we haven't had a stage announced in a while. It will almost definitely be Pokemon (how do you make the accent-e?) Stadium.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think tomorrow's update will be a stage, since the more major updates are on Friday and we haven't had a stage announced in a while. It will almost definitely be Pokemon (how do you make the accent-e?) Stadium.
If you have a Mac, it's alt+e to make the accent. Then type "e" to get a "é".

I don't know how to make it on a PC.

And yeah, I think I'll go with a stage tonight too.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I hope tonight is a stage. A GOOD ONE. We're severely overdue for one, and this week has been kind of lame, save monday. Now let me explain before everyone goes off on "FOMG U SHUD B GLAD WER GITTING UPDAETS AT ALL WTF".

Monday's update was mind-blowing. I still remember seeing the words "Pokémon Trainer" and thinking it was an AT. Even after I saw the red header, I thought it was maybe just a mistake. Then I noticed the giant gap where "WARNING!" had not yet loaded, and my jaw dropped. Truely epic.

Tuesday's was just boring. I'm not big on items, I have them all turned off on Melee because playing with my stepbros and having them run from fights to get whatever item just dropped is just torture. I hope Brawl will have more balanced items so they can be left on. But this update was just fuel to the fire of tournament crybabies banning everything remotely gimmicky.

Wednesday's ... come on. It looks like they ran out of time/space, did a quickie image search on google, and slapped the results in as clip art onto the disk.

Thursday's was so-so. But just kind of pouring salt in the wound that is this week. At the least, it was interesting to see that Zamus' grapple is actually her up special, probably because a ranged grab on a Sheik-like character would've been supreme cheese. I'm sure Link and Samus won't be changed and their tether recoveries will be kept to their grabs.

So yeah, I hope for a better end to the week. A stage seems most likely since we're so overdue, I just hope it isn't something boring like Pokémon Stadium (okay.. this wouldn't be bad, I'm curious to see the new morphs for Brawl). Another profile would be fantastic, nothing earth-shattering like a complete newcomer, but maybe a returning veteran that's far from confirmed so far, like Ganondorf, Ness, Falcon, Game and Watch, etc. If it's Peach or MetaKnight, well.. it'll be nice to see them and all, but those are probably the most boring options.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Other notes:

Hold Alt, 0233 on your numpad. é!

I think we get a new confirmed character, the updates are numbered, and Sakurai is gonna have to show us a number of characters.
I don't think we'll get another newcomer this week, but you're right. Time is limited, and if they stick to one character a week until release, that only brings us a roster of ~30. I'm not expecting a roster of ~40 or anything, but at least ~34ish would be nice.

Sorry for the double post, but the Edit feature is broken. Again.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Pokemon Stadium stage for tomarrow, [Friday]

we had Pokemon Trainer on Monday, and we haven't had a stage update since Castle Siege over two weeks ago.

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing a stage for tomorrow. We're due one...

However, a small part of me is saying he'll surprise us and give us another character. No idea who though...

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I forgot about Peach, I definetly wanna see her update as well as Cap't Falcon or perhaps a game mode update like the world update

pokemega32

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, after a "Is that it?" update and a "Well this sucks" one, we'd be expecting an awesome one...

But Sakurai knows he has to be unpredictable, so tomorrow's update will be:

HOW TO PLAY: ALL CHARACTERS SECOND JUMPS WILL BE SLIGHTLY LOWER THAN IN MELEE!!!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Why are so many people hoping for a Game Modes update when we just got one on wednesday? That's kind of unrealistic. I realize the stickers weren't exactly exciting, but regardless, we probably won't see another Game Mode update for a week at the least.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Why are so many people hoping for a Game Modes update when we just got one on wednesday? That's kind of unrealistic. I realize the stickers weren't exactly exciting, but regardless, we probably won't see another Game Mode update for a week at the least.
There is no "probably" or "unrealistic" with Sakurai.

A couple weeks ago, I believe we got two stages, back to back. Nothing is really anymore likely than anything else at this point.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
I dont care if they announce online play, reveal sonic, ridley, krystal, megaman, king DDD, geno, stafy, and they put up a demo, all on the same day. if it doesn't have any screenshots of pokemon trainer this time, its insta-phail >:O

GoldenS1104

Smash Journeyman
I think tonight he pretty much has to do a stage update. It's been way too long. Not to mention there are a few stages that haven't been anounced but we've seen in trailers/screenshots. Let's see, there's Pokemon Stadium, Mario Circuit, Snake's Level, and the Halberd. I'm guessing it'll probably be Mario Circuit since neither Snake nor Metaknight have had an update and because I get the feeling he's not gunna do Pokemon Stadium because it's a "classic level." I can't thnk of any more stages, I might be forgetting one... Although, this is a Friday update, so maybe it'll be something really cool or unexpected, but not all the Friday updates are that good, so I'm gunna stick with Mario Circuit as my guess.

Top Bottom