• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

It's a forum

Smash Apprentice
Stage. Pokemon Stadium or Mario Kart.
Then that stupid rumor will be put to rest, even though the guy who posted it was dumb enough to use the same account when he posted a fake WWE roster back in 2005. Thank you google

Talendime

Smash Ace
I say Stage again too..

I wish every update was either a character or stage.. I can wait for the rest of the stuff..

Dynamism

Smash Lord

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
I've given up on guessing. There's really no point, Sakurai is too **** random.

What the heck, I'll guess anyway. My streaky underwear confirmed tonight.

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps Snake? Why haven't we seen any of him? No character profile or moves or FS.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Perhaps Snake? Why haven't we seen any of him? No character profile or moves or FS.
Because they lost him. He chewed through his leash and dug a hole under the fence. He's been gone for two months.

I'll say stage. Pokemon Stadium to be specific, but I'll take anything.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why not? Because he's going to be unlockable.

Anyways I... won't get it right. There's no way, but I'll guess Pokemon Stadium again. GoldenS1104, it isn't really a "classic" stage. It's redone and has been shown in recent screenshots. It might just end up being another teaser like Peach and Metaknight, though. -_-

Blackadder

Smash Master
Peach...um, yay?

Cute update, but she doesn't get my hyped.
She looks unchanged though.

Great for Peach lovers.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
All I can say is, IT'S ABOUT TIME.

I am not surprised that Toad is still her sidekick, but deep down, I was really hoping he would be playable this time around...

All in all, I'm very pleased!

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna guess we might get peach. Actually, it's more wishful thinking, because I don't want her to be in a later update, ruining our hopes of seeing a character whose inclusion is still a mystery. If Peach is ever a big update, that ruins the weeks chances of something mind blowing. I mean, Sakurai wouldn't give us the most exciting thing so early? I mean, PT is pretty cool, but at this point, there has got to be more. So I hope it's peach .
Of course, it's probably going to be like the revealing of stadium mode, or even trophy collecting. Hopefully not though.
Also, are we ever going to get some solid info on Snake and Meta Knight? I don't necessarily care much about MK, but as a huge Metal Gear fan, I'd love to know about some of Snake's moves.
Whooooa.
I called it.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Okay. The character for next week, I suspect, will be a Vet, after we got Ike and PT.

Let's examine the possibilities of characters not yet confirmed.

SSB Starters:
None. They've all been confirmed.

SSB Hiddens:
Captain Falcon
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Ness

SSBM Starters:
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Ness
Sheik (Technically)

SSBM Hiddens:
Doctor Mario (Clone, IMO Unlikely)
Falco (Clone, but IMO Likely)
Ganondorf (Clone, but IMO Likely)
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Marth
Mewtwo
Mr. Game & Watch
Pichu (Clone, IMO very unlikely)
Roy (Clone, but with Ike unlikely)

I'll suspect that Sakurai hasn't revealed Snake because he's not a starter. I'll also assume that by those rules, Meta-Knight hasn't been confirmed because he may also not be a starter. Ergo, I think, as he did with the SSBM site, he's revealing all starters before hiddens. (I'm aware this may be an illogical assumption, but then again most assumptions are.)

This leads to three likely candidates: Captain Falcon, Ness, and Ice Climbers. I for one am predicting Ice Climbers, more as a way of muting the doubters who want them gone. I also think, just for the hell of it, that it's gonna be on Tuesday.

Sorry for the longwinded explanation, but I just want to explain my rationale.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
Ok ok, get this. It's just a gut instinct, but the new Metal Battle soundtrack will be put on the Dojo website 3 weeks from today. I so long to hear this track.....

That and another new challenger will be put on um.....8 days from today. I can feel it.

Dunno, maybe Sakurai-kun has some sort of pattern going on. You know, puts an item, then a veteran character, a soundtrack, then a new character. Just a thought.

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't the Pokeball already confirmed?
I think he meant a new Pokemon for the Pokeball.

Darn, after I heard someone on here say it, I thought that Toadsworth had a good chance to be Peach's new shield, but I guess not.

Monday, hmmm, I might as well keep saying stage, since there wasn't one all this week. Stage for Monday, see you then.

Revven

FrankerZ
Me? I expect the following next week.

Monday - Stage
Tuesday - Item
Wed. - Music
Thursday - Veteran character
Friday - ??? (Good update)

I'm sure my Monday prediction will be wrong but I can't be too far off for Tuesday or Wed. As for which veteran character, we need another SSB64 character confirmed, and that'll be C. Falcon. I wanna see how much more detailed he can be!

Top Bottom