• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I expect to hear something more from the Subspace Emissary next week. It's been missing long enough.

OK, so...
On Monday...
Stage

Then, in any order:
Veteran Fighter
Pokeball Pokemon
Special Moves/Final Smash/another Stage

On Friday...
Subspace Emissary Info

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
my prediction for Peach was correct once again, but anyway I think next week might be an alright week, i'll say 2 stages, a final smash, an update on "this world" and or some moves from someone we've already seen on the dojo

skullkidd

Smash Ace
Next week:

Kirby's Final Smash
Pokemon Stadium Stage
Some Random Item
Captain Falcon
More Info on the Subspace Emissionary

Smash Ace
The next update is clearly going to be a stage.
Anyhoot, I think we should be getting Meta-Knight within the next week.
if we don't, he will appear on November 30

Jordo

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the Year 2007, the last stage we got was Castle Siege on August 2nd, the next update is 17 days from that. It's been a while.

RDK

Smash Hero
Because they lost him. He chewed through his leash and dug a hole under the fence. He's been gone for two months.
LMAO.

Eventually, Sakurai will have to cover it up by posting a mysterious, enigmatic update with a flashy cliche of a hypnotization video, and it wipes our minds of Snake ever being included in Brawl.

Quick, everyone--save a screenshot of Snake, print it out, and bury it in a capsule in your backyard so we don't forget!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I believe that next week we will get, in no particular order: Pokemon Stadium, a new pokeball pokemon, a luigi update, a luigi final smash, and a new how to play section.
As much as I'd love for Luigi to be confirmed wouldn't it be odd having two Mario characters announced in a row? Or is that just me?

Still, Luigi update FTW! All I'm guessing is a stage, Pokemon Stadium, sometime this week.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Ya... I'll guess Pojemon statium... Captain falcon,luigi, or jiggleypuff update... I'm really hopeing for a newcomer who isnt lucas and a ness confirmation to prove that gay on gamefaqs wrong about his predictions (In General Brawl Disscustions)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I think there's something really catchy with Kirby's Final, which is why they haven't shown it yet. Either that or they're just aiming to build more hype. Maybe it'll be a roulette between Chef, Crash, Mike and UFO like I've been wanting.

I think we week we're going to get another "Melee veteran" profile. I have a big theory going on the profile orders. Then the week after this, we'll get two "64 veterans". For the sake of guessing, I'm going to go for Ice Climbers, Captain Falcon and Jigglypuff.

We're also bound determined to get a stage. I'm sure that'll be monday's update.

Two others... maybe an item and a Final Smash? Sounds good to me.

The last update could really be anything, but some more Newcomer special moves would be nice.

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Wow, right, crash! Why didn't I think of that? That'd be a perfect Final... well, hopefully, they'd implement a bit more from the Kirby series... including a Poppy Bros. or Sir Kibble as a AT.

In fact... that's my prediction. Poppy Bros. or Sir Kibble.

RDK

Smash Hero
Crash would have been the perfect FS for Kirby, IMO. I don't know why Sakurai continues to try to make the game more and more low-key.

I don't have a problem with there being aspects that might be called "kiddy", but I think they could do a better job on some things. *COUGH* POKEMON TRAINER *COUGH*

And Fanewgie, all theories / formulas about Sakurai's updating habits have utterly failed. There's no way to tell what he's going to do next.

"Mindgames" FTW.

Blackadder

Smash Master
have any of ya'll seen the "I'm a chick so do me" meet N' greet thread? Just check the one about the girl smasher that went awfully wrong.

Anyways, I agree with Darkstar. Sakurai just...puts up whatever he knows no one will predict. The guys a genius. XD

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
does this thread have any point from friday morning's update to sunday night? i mean, there isn't much to talk about. i'm just curious as to why people post now instead of on sunday
You never know what might hit you in a span of 72 hours.;)

But nothing is hitting me as of now, so I'll disappear back into the shadows.

(pokemon stadium ftw)

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
My predictions for this week (in no order)

An old favorite from the original 12
More depth on Trainer
Another item for me to turn off
A stage that will be either banned or counter-picked in tourneys
Something on the 1-player aspects

FFMMCLXIV

Smash Apprentice
I advise you all to click the Gwonam for Brawl link above, it's priceless.;)

Hmmm, 25 minutes later....nope, I haven't changed. Pokemon Stadium on Monday.

Dynamism

Smash Lord
Well a stage and SE **** is givin...poke ball would be needed soon and a character is always nice, New Comer I'd say...C.Falcon, Ness, Meta Knight and IC's are a givin so they'll probably hang in the none zone for a while longer.

And what's this about Luigi or Jiggs update? They unlockables you morons! (shakes head)

Krystal FTW!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Pokémon Stadium or a Peach update (Special Moves or Final Smash) on Monday.

Captain Falcon on...Wednesday?

RDK

Smash Hero
I'd say more like Thursday. If Sakurai's gonna do a weekly double on char updates, he'll probably space them out a bit more. But then again, who knows?

Pokemon Stadium might be likely. I think we have a better chance of seeing a Kirby stage though. Sakurai's been real stingy with info about him; he needs to give us something.

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
This week on the Dojo:

Peach's Final Smash
Something totally shocking that even I, at this moment, cannot predict accurately. But it will be EPIC.
A new item
Pokemon Stadium
Spotlight on Classic Mode

In that general order.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
For some reason I can see this as a week with two stage updates one old (pokemon one, which wil lbe proabily be this coming update) and a new one, like the week we had a while back. Other then that there will proabily be a returning character and two completely random things that will be impossible to predict from the mind of Sakurai.

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
So i'm gonna predict what could happen this week.

A Pokemon out of a Pokeball.
A characters Final Smash/B Moves
New Music
A Stage
and a New character.

If I guess all those right i'm gonna throw a party.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
So i'm gonna predict what could happen this week.

A Pokemon out of a Pokeball.
A characters Final Smash/B Moves
New Music
A Stage
and a New character.

If I guess all those right i'm gonna throw a party.
Or you could act like you have an inside source and talk very vaguely for the next week

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
Or you could act like you have an inside source and talk very vaguely for the next week
Haha.

Hey guys! My inside source said Lucas is replacing Ness and that we replaced Ice CLimbers with a SSBB exclusive Fire Climbers!

goodkid

Smash Lord
I don't know, this weeks is tough to predict, especially Monday, because we've expected a stage update for the past week, but Sakurai has always done the unpredictable, and fooled me. He has hidden the stage update for a reason, and this week could be another big week.

Music or Stage Monday.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I was SO tempted to do this, after all, three or four weeks ago I got a whopping 4 out of the 5 updates correctly predicted...

This week I'm expecting a veteran profile (a Melee fighter, specifically), a Final Smash, a stage, an item, and the fifth could really be anything at all.

As for tonight, a stage would make the most logical sense.

Though we all know that logical sense =/= Sakurai sense.

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Though we all know that logical sense =/= Sakurai sense.
Haha. I doubt the sense of someone who said "Hey guys, let's make a new series about Nintendo characters punching the crap out of each other, except we make them fall of the stage instead of HP" with a serious face at an official meeting.

zurf23

Smash Apprentice
Epic Updates, Please!

Classes start for me this week. I hope Sakurai gets the educational juices flowing with some EPIC UPDATES! :laugh:

What I want this week: Shields in brawl? Ness, lucas, Claus, Flint, Poo, Jeff, Kumatora, or Paula, anyone of those, even Captainn Flacon! A stage, even the pokemon one, if it has to, it looks really cool! A useful Item. Something on the other game modes (Not more on stickers!)

Though Peach stuff will probably own this week.

I can dream...

:ness: :tired:

GregUnit

Smash Journeyman
Zomg Update Sakurai You're Four Minutes Late!

What gives? This is a free update that he has no obligation of doing at all and he think we'll tolerate his tardiness? the nerve of some people!

Top Bottom