• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sidius

Smash Journeyman
hmmm....maybe the characters will have a different down b while in the air?
Down B ground = FLUDD?
Down B air = Tornado?
im so confused :urg:

Sinn

Smash Lord
Down B ground = FLUDD?
Down B air = Tornado?
Well it specifically said in the update that it was a normal attack now, so...I dunno. Honestly, as long as they didn't take it out, that makes me feel better. If they just willy nilly take away existing moves characters have...it'll be like playing a whole new character.

Of course, this also just further supports that Ganondorf will probably be getting an entire move set face lift...not that anyone I know isn't expecting it >.>

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ummm, did the update already happen? i forgot to look at 3am exactly and i came in 50 min late and the site is down but everyone seems to know bout his pkmn stadium 2 and mario fludd. does anyone have pics??

He could charge it up while shielding.... Does this mean other people could do there B attacks out of shield(and not just UpB like in melee) it'd open up about 532905472389057823 combo possibilities.

And a note to those who forgot. In Mario Sunshine to do the Mario tornado you have to spin your control stick in a circle. Lets HOPE TO ****ING GOD that that's not what you have to do.
I would rather have that than have the Dair removed.:ohwell:

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
The fact that FLUDD causes no damage isn't a big deal, the fact of the matter is that it will be an amazing edgeguarder.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
But, then again it only makes sense that it doesn't do damage. It is, after all, just water. lol

And, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you there Kereokacola. FLUDD will definitely be the ultimate edgeguard and it only makes it better that you can charge it while sheilding so you could light shield and charge FLUDD at the same time creating major mindgames. lol

Blackadder

Smash Master
But, then again it only makes sense that it doesn't do damage. It is, after all, just water. lol

And, yes, I wholeheartedly agree with you there Kereokacola. FLUDD will definitely be the ultimate edgeguard and it only makes it better that you can charge it while sheilding so you could light shield and charge FLUDD at the same time creating major mindgames. lol
Didn't stop Squirtle.

I do agree however, it will be a great edgeguarder. I look forward to doging a stream of water as I recover! Sounds fun, and will creat hell in-game.
I like this update, though Stadium 2 is what excites me really. I loved the old poke' stadium stage, and I'm so glad this follows in the same vain as it. Great update, and about time to that I was impressed again.

Sakurai ftw.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Recent updates haven't interested that much until today. Good double update. Here's hoping for a new character tomorrow.

cless-mint

Smash Journeyman
Natchitoches, Louisiana A.K.A. "The South Ya'
Didn't stop Squirtle.

I do agree however, it will be a great edgeguarder. I look forward to doging a stream of water as I recover! Sounds fun, and will creat hell in-game.
I like this update, though Stadium 2 is what excites me really. I loved the old poke' stadium stage, and I'm so glad this follows in the same vain as it. Great update, and about time to that I was impressed again.

Sakurai ftw.
I agree. Poke stadium rocks, lolz.

With FLUDD, one can only imagine Mario becoming a higher (tier?) character.

Blackadder

Smash Master
I agree. Poke stadium rocks, lolz.

With FLUDD, one can only imagine Mario becoming a higher (tier?) character.
Woah, Cless! DP members reunite again.
Man, it's been a while since we last where on at the same time,lulz.

Oh, ****, I'm spamming.
Um, I like FLUDD!

Drake3

Smash Ace

Good lord, now I'm worried about Zelda's transformation REALLY being taken out.

Yes! YES! Mwahahahaaaa!

Also I'm glad that they're giving him something from a recent game, like they did with Link. It looks pretty cool, makes alot of sense that it doesn't do damage, and charging up while shielded is like...world-shaking.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Down B ground = FLUDD?
Down B air = Tornado?
Makes sense to me.

Though I wonder if using FLUDD in the air will result in an upward boost if it's angled that way. :shrug:

Otherwise, I think the tornado has become his d-air.

The Bino

Smash Lord
If you look at all the trailers and all the screen shots we have seen thus far, there hasn't been any shot at all where we see his Dair, which would in turn mean that this would then be his new Dair, which makes perfect sense, look at his Dair in Melee, he does a modified Tornado, only with his feet, now in Brawl he will have the entire Tornado as his Dair.... this is the only thing that makes perfect sense

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
If you look at all the trailers and all the screen shots we have seen thus far, there hasn't been any shot at all where we see his Dair, which would in turn mean that this would then be his new Dair, which makes perfect sense, look at his Dair in Melee, he does a modified Tornado, only with his feet, now in Brawl he will have the entire Tornado as his Dair.... this is the only thing that makes perfect sense
My question, is will you still be able to do the PBP?

The Bino

Smash Lord
what the hell is a PBP... i don't play Mario or anything at all so if this is associated with Mario's game than i don't know what the abbreviations are for, i might know the move but i don't know what they stand for

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
When doing the Down+B/Mario tornado with Mario/Doc, while you're performing that move, hitting B quickly allows you to get a slight boost in a vertical manner. This also works for Ice Climbers side+b move; works great when your IC is solo. ^ ^ This is referred to as the Perfect Button Press, or PBP. I think it's a little different for IC (the name) but the idea is the same.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Yea the only way Mario can still have the tornado is his dair. Unless they have a system now for air smash attacks...

and about my last post, i got my internet working. i knew it wasnt smashbros problem when tons of different sites werent working.

The Bino

Smash Lord
When doing the Down+B/Mario tornado with Mario/Doc, while you're performing that move, hitting B quickly allows you to get a slight boost in a vertical manner. This also works for Ice Climbers side+b move; works great when your IC is solo. ^ ^ This is referred to as the Perfect Button Press, or PBP. I think it's a little different for IC (the name) but the idea is the same.
yea i know of that tech, just didn't know of the name that's all

blayde_axel

Smash Master
We all knew Luigi had a feminine side...

But, anyway, the basics of Brawl is that DownB does something unusual... or rather, Miscellaneous. So pretty much any move that the character's famous for that doesn't fit in Standard, Tilt, or UPB goes here...

Which is the Poltergust for Luigi. Unless he uses it to "tether" to the stage.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It'd be awesome if Luigi was confirmed in the next update, but I doubt it... Although we still need another character to balance out the fact that we had 0 last week.:ohwell:

shanus

Smash Hero
tomorrow im definitely thinking it will be another character announcement. Most likely a veteran though, but hey, i can pray for captain falcon or falco cant I? Prolly Luigi though, with a vacuum though!

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Holding my breath for another character profile.

... not much else to say. I really have a hard time placing predictions anymore, they've gotten so random and ... un-patterned.

I don't even count Meta Knight as a profile update. We got cheated, that was basically a waste of an update after everything we've already seen. The only thing good to come out of it is that every profile will be suspenseful now. The only ones left are unconfirmed veterans and newcomers.

If we don't get one tonight, I highly expect two next week. Or I'll be seriously doubting the roster size of this game.

goodkid

Smash Lord
These updates are hard to predict now. I was doing good the beginning of the week, and it went down hill from then.

Tomorrow is a tough one, we've had 3 character updates this week, which seems to be the max for a week, but you know Sakurai.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Lucas! Because we need a freaking Mother character already. And we're overdue for a new newcomer.
I really hope they don't axe Ness. I'd rather see Ness stay, and get Flint from Mother 3. He wouldn't be another Ness, he'd weild an entirely new weapon (a 2x4, how hardcore is that?) that no other brawler wields, and he'd still cover Mother 3.

Ness is more of a Smash Brother to me now than an Earthbound character. I'm sure it's that way for a lot of people... they probably never heard of Earthbound until Smash 64.

Hopefully they announce damage boostin'.
This is the second time I've seen you say this, what are you even talking about?

Tomorrow is a tough one, we've had 3 character updates this week, which seems to be the max for a week, but you know Sakurai.
A Final Smash might be kind of likely.. we haven't seen any in a while now. Still plenty of veterans and newcomers to show them for, too. But I'd vastly prefer a profile...

I demand "Challenger Approaching" banner on the 'morrow, Sakurai...

Make it so.
Yes plz.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
mmmm............ i think i will choose Mario Music or a item (most likely a item)

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Music.

Though I hope that we get a double update of KirbaZelda's moves ;)
Kirby/Zelda moves would be neat... I think I'll go with a characture though... either that or another lame subspace update... although it will be painfully agonizing if it's that.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Kirby/Zelda moves would be neat... I think I'll go with a characture though... either that or another lame subspace update... although it will be painfully agonizing if it's that.
Why would Kirby's moves be neat? So we can see "Oh yes! Kirby is back with his same move!" I'd rather have some Subspace anyday, preferably a boss.

Top Bottom