• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Ness and Lucas basically use the same attacks so they would just be clones of eachother. Sakurai obviously wants Mother 3 in the game as he was holding out for it for both games and always intended to replace Ness in Melee but the game wasn't out yet. Sakurai is definately going to replace Ness for Lucas.
Now hold up...Ness the EarthBound character, or Ness the Smash Bros character? Because Ness doesn't use the vast majority of the specials that he's got in Smash while he was in EarthBound. If they either 1) give Lucas Ness's moveset and Give Ness his actual moves, or 2) Give Lucas the move set Ness SHOULD have and keep Ness the same...could they coexist?

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Now hold up...Ness the EarthBound character, or Ness the Smash Bros character? Because Ness doesn't use the vast majority of the specials that he's got in Smash while he was in EarthBound. If they either 1) give Lucas Ness's moveset and Give Ness his actual moves, or 2) Give Lucas the move set Ness SHOULD have and keep Ness the same...could they coexist?
I like the way you think.

... they would still look an awful lot alike, though. -_- Lucas is literally Ness minus the cap and with blonde hair.

Ness and Flint plz!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I like the way you think.

... they would still look an awful lot alike, though. -_- Lucas is literally Ness minus the cap and with blonde hair.

Ness and Flint plz!
I mean honestly, taking out Ness just seems silly to me when we've got a similar get up going on with the Mario brothers. Two characters who look extremely similar and have similar abilities...and yet they make the two work in the same game quite well. But yeah...the first time I saw Lucas...I thought the blond Ness look was too funny. Didn't he look a little different in the 64 version before it was scrapped...?

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Tonight's update will be How To Play: New A attack. And you know it

Mario having the 'Nado as his Dair just doesn't fits, so there's ought to be some new button combination for an attack.... A+B anyone?

Weed

Smash Lord
Tonight's update will be How To Play: New A attack. And you know it

Mario having the 'Nado as his Dair just doesn't fits, so there's ought to be some new button combination for an attack.... A+B anyone?
Good point, they've clearly caused confusion with this, and will hopefully clear it up tonight, they could always wait, though..

Either way, I'm pretty hyped for this weeks Friday update.

Blackadder

Smash Master
Wow, been ages since I last posted in here before the actual update.
Hey guys.

I would love a profile today, tomake up for last week, but I think Meta was our meal. Today I predict music all the way.

Don't deny it. :)

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think the fact that something's never been done on the site before is even more reason for Sakurai to do it.

"HAH! WEREN'T EXPECTING THIS WERE YA?"

Sinn

Smash Lord
This...is the coolest music update ever. And I never thought I would say that a music update was cool. Good gawd. I can go to sleep happy!

Blackadder

Smash Master
What a suprise!

I guessed a music update, but this is pretty cool.
I have complained a lot about the music not being to my favour, but now I can turn the ****e of and let the good stuff play! Great!

But I look forward to how songs will form transitions with each other.

Also, I love the Poke'mon tune. Classic stuff, and about time the music was good again. But heres what interests me:

Does this help or hinder Ridley?
To me, it makes the whole "Ridley theme" less orientated on the creature itself, and more to this. It could be "Just another song for the My Music feature"

Yes? No? Maybe? Am I jumping the gun?

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
"What?
Samus is evolving!"

ROLF!!!
[2]

Hehehe.
Pokemon Stage theme is awesome. Brings memories...
Also CD is awesome too. Reminds me of tony hawks 1, dunno why.

But.. whats that "dark world" song in the first ss?

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
This is totally awesome... being able to choose the music for the stage is just so wonderful...

also, lol at the samus comment XD

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Dear lord, the Smash theme is beautiful. It really did bring tears to my eyes.
Hearing that, I realized Brawl WILL be the BEST GAME EVER. I can rest happy.
It blends elements of opera, modern pop, and a little bit of video game music.
The theme gives Brawl weight, importance, and awesomeness.
Interestingly, the singing seems to be in either Italian or Latian, probably the latter.

Pima

Smash Journeyman
Hmm I'm not too sure I would like fighting to that Pokemon music, the battle theme is just plain superior.... but then again, thanks Sakurai for My Music ^_^

Top Bottom