• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'm predicting we have to get at least 7 more starters, as I don't think Sakurai would make the bulk of the characters unlockable. So with 14 weeks left , if the starting roster is at what I believe to be it's minimum, that is, in my opinion, a character update every other week. Though not much, it is a little bit of proof that one week has already been skipped. If this week is skipped and we get a character next week, the last character, IF THE STARTING ROSTER IS 25, would come the week before the 3rd. Seems plausible to me.

On the other hand, I don't think a roster of 25 is likely. It's a good number, but at the same time I'm close to positive the roster would be 40, and 15 seems like a lot of unlockable content, and for characters, which are a big draw of the game, I don't think sakurai would do such a thing. Of course, Melee had 11, so 15 would be a likely number.

I predict that, unfortunately, we will NOT get a new character this week. However, I pray I am wrong.

Also, ShoDan, Luigi has traditionally been unloackable, someething I beleive will not change, and as we won't see unlockables until after released, I don't think we'll see him.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Also, ShoDan, Luigi has traditionally been unloackable, someething I beleive will not change, and as we won't see unlockables until after released, I don't think we'll see him.
Can I see somewhere where it said that unlockables won't be shown on the site until after it's released?

Also, nobody knows whether Luigi will be unlockable or not. Captain Falcon and Ness where unlockables in the first, but not Melee.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
Can I see somewhere where it said that unlockables won't be shown on the site until after it's released?

Also, nobody knows whether Luigi will be unlockable or not. Captain Falcon and Ness where unlockables in the first, but not Melee.
Yes, but I think Luigi is different. I just think that, as he was unlockable in the last two, why not in Brawl, too? The Mario series needs an unlockable rep, too. Because he has not been revealed and he a shoe-in for the game, I'm positive he is unlockable.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I'm not worried that the roster could be small, because I know it won't. There will be 40 + characters, if this game has to compete will Halo 3. Brawl is a very hyped up game, and Nintendo will deliver and won't disappoint.

Don't worry.

We still have 3 months before release, and Sakurai will start pounding character updates on the site towards 1-2 months before release.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
I'm not worried that the roster could be small, because I know it won't. There will be 40 + characters, if this game has to compete will Halo 3. Brawl is a very hyped up game, and Nintendo will deliver and won't disappoint.

Don't worry.

We still have 3 months before release, and Sakurai will start pounding character updates on the site towards 1-2 months before release.
nintendo has never done something to compete with another, they always gone there own way. but i hope 40 characters to

and my predection is
monday: luigi
tuesdaÿ: final smash
wensday: item
thurday: pokebal or assist
fryday: fighting update how to play

Mr.Midge

Smash Rookie
Personally I hope they only show Snake and C.Falcon and stop the character updates...

Come on, we'll need to unlock SOMETHING!

And posting updates of unlockable things before the game release will just spoil everything.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Personally I hope they only show Snake and C.Falcon and stop the character updates...

Come on, we'll need to unlock SOMETHING!

And posting updates of unlockable things before the game release will just spoil everything.
I actually want to know the whole roster, I know it won't be as surprising when I get the game but I'm dying to know, either way even if they don't show all the characters I will be able to wait less then 3 months to try them out.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
You guys know how unpredictable Sakurai is. He did say he would show off all of the roster before it came out. He could just have simply changed his mind and said he got excited for too many of the other updates.

Revven

FrankerZ
Monday: Final Smash or AT
Tuesday: Item/Pokeball
Wednesday: Character update
Thursday: Special Moves
Friday: A game mode, Subspace, or something else surprising.

Hopefully, I'm right...

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman
For Monday i predict

a character...or music.....or a stage.....or a item......or a cutscence....or a pokemon....or a AT....or a....errr yea

Sinn

Smash Lord
Sooner or later they're going to stop doing Subspace Emissary updates because they're not going to reveal the entire plot of the single player mode on the website. And as cool as it is to see Pit fly and jump around like a spaz with his new bow, I would still prefer more characters to be confirmed...

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Sooner or later they're going to stop doing Subspace Emissary updates because they're not going to reveal the entire plot of the single player mode on the website. And as cool as it is to see Pit fly and jump around like a spaz with his new bow, I would still prefer more characters to be confirmed...
They haven't showed us anything about the SE that could ruin the plot..

Hound

Smash Cadet
I seriously think it's going to be a crap pokeball update.
The last time they released a pokemon was July 17th. =/

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
Since Metaknight's profile was long overdue... I feel snake's is coming soon...

I have a suspicion that they will release the Mute City music before the actual stage or CF...

I'm not saying those are tonight but I have a feeling they are coming soon...

Top Bottom