• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Sinn

Smash Lord
So now we have an item that...destroys other items. Profound.

EDIT: It certainly does LOOK like a Lip's Stick...hmm...

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Heh, I guess we got a Pokeball which is an item and that was kinda what I was expecting. Tomorrow probably a stage or smash attack.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Man, I was hoping for a character. I shouldn't have stayed up. -_-

iMichael

Smash Lord
What a sad way to start the week. It reminds me of that time I didn't give a ****.
lol wow that was funny(no sarcasm):laugh: thx for the laugh I needed one of those....Ive like every update so far but this....this is cruel and unusual punishment....Sakurai what did we do to you to deserve this?

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
WOW.
The most epic fail ever.
At least it deconfirms a character, which is good. And confirms that Lip's Stick will return.
I guess a PokeBall update was sorta due.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Welp good thing we wont be seeing another poke'mon update for another 2-3 weeks =) Alright Sakurai give us all goods this week please

Weed

Smash Lord
What's with all this "deconfirming"?

Surely NONE of you with a shred of intelligence would even begin to predict this, of all Pokemon, being in Brawl as a playable..

I really hope not.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I was hoping for a Pokeball update, and it confirmed Munchlax as a Pokeball Pokemon XD. It was kind of predictable he would eat stuff though...

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Gah, no Lip! That really saddens me.

And what the hell is a Munchlax? Just another obscure Pokemon that looks horrible (looks straight out from a N64 game.) I really don't understand why they created so many Pokemon, most of them look god awful and unoriginal, and Munchlax is one of them.

BUM163

Smash Lord
people say deconfirmed but as i recalled mewtwo in melee was a pokemon that comes out the pokeball n u can fight as him.ya act like miss cleo n ya don't watz goin on in the mind of sakurai,so just be patient n let the man show us dec 3.

Sinn

Smash Lord
They had to make more pointless creatures to fuel the new games. Otherwise all that would have been different between all the new Pokémon games would be the plot. And we all know that the plot is the most important thing in Pokémon.

Anyway, I still have my fingers crossed for Lip. Remember, the home run bat and screw ball didn't mean that Ness and Samus weren't characters for Melee.

EDIT:

people say deconfirmed but as i recalled mewtwo in melee was a pokemon that comes out the pokeball n u can fight as him.ya act like miss cleo n ya don't watz goin on in the mind of sakurai,so just be patient n let the man show us dec 3.
Uh...Mewtwo wasn't a Pokémon from a Pokéball in Melee. Mew was, but Mewtwo wasn't.

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
This is true, but you have to consider the fact that the Lip's Stick is such a signature item, it would seem odd for it to be a standard item, but at the same time be used by Lip herself. The screw attack is something Samus can do, and the bat is something so common that it's not necessarily Ness' signature weapon.

I just... can't see her being a playable character now, I really can't, but I'll leave the door open.

Blackadder

Smash Master
And what the hell is a Munchlax? Just another obscure Pokemon that looks horrible (looks straight out from a N64 game.) I really don't understand why they created so many Pokemon, most of them look god awful and unoriginal, and Munchlax is one of them.
Nintendo and such gave up on being original a long time ago with their Poke'mon. I review I read once stated "Prove to me the Pidey and Starly are not the same bloody creature. I bet you can't" That sums up how it is these days. If they are not just rip-offs of first gen monsters, they're new and ****ed up creatures.

Also, this update is ultimate "meh"

axemangx

Smash Champion
Tazmily Village, Currently Maining: Lucas and Didd
Off-Topic: Whats with all this talk about Lip? I'm confused.. o_o

On-Topic: Munchlax kinda was being tilted towards AT anyways, it made sense.
Perhaps, Munchlax gains the after-effects of SSC.. it would make sense wouldnt it? :p Maybe if there is something he doesnt like, he attacks you with it.

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I hate you Sakurai....

I just want you to catch up on the character updates you owe us but you have to keep pissing me off.

I could give two ****s less if Munchlax is a pokeball pokemon. This is one of the weakest updates EVER. At least give us a cool Pokemon...

Metaknight X

Smash Journeyman
Off-Topic: Whats with all this talk about Lip? I'm confused.. o_o
Meh, some people seem to think that because Lip's Stick was revealed as a item today, Lip herself was also deconfirmed as a playable character. I don't see the logic in that myself. We had the Screw Attack in Melee, but Samus was still playable. I know comparing Samus and Lip is ridiculous, but it was the best parallel I could come up with. For what it's worth, I could see Lip being an AT rather than a playable character. I like her, but I just don't feel she's important or popular enough (thanks to being Japan only) to be included in the roster. If she did make it in, I'd be overjoyed, but like I said, I can't see it happening. That said, I still think it's ridiculous to say at this stage that Lip has been deconfirmed, because she hasn't...

As for Munchlax, may I be the first to say that I'm freaking delighted he's only in a Pokeball. I had a horrible feeling he'd make it thanks to his popularity in Japan, but Sakurai got more sense than that. Plus, this confirmed the 4th gen will appear in Brawl after all. Anyone got any more 4th gen Pokes they'd like to see in Poke Balls? I'm not really too familiar with the 4th gen, but I think Dialga & Palkia are givens...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
Crappy, boring update. I'm kept happy because my 5-day is currently 1 for 1, and because I hope this means they got the crap out of the way first so we can have SUPER EPIC FOMG WEEK PLZ.

Left on my 5-day forecast:

Two character profiles (Ice Climbers, and either a newcomer, or either Falcon/Ness)
A Final Smash (Kirby)
A stage (something new, from a franchise that's still on the border of being confirmed)
Subspace (I don't really care what I just know Sakurai loves to sell the idea to us)

One will be a double update.

On that note: PROFIEL 2NITE PLZ DAMIT

starboardman

Smash Apprentice
I know it is NOT going to be pokemon related or anything with music, lol. It's not going to be a stage either... it's going to beeeeeeeeeee................. a final smash.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
My guess is that this week will be more focused on pokeballs and ATs...i dont know but thats my gut feeling.

Sinn

Smash Lord
The day that no one expects it to be a new character is the day they'll give us a new character. It always seems to work like that...though they may give us another veteran this week. I'd REALLY like them to show us the new and improved Ganondorf...

And if we wanna be technical, I think the update that we've had least recently was a How to Play update...the zuì bùhǎo update.

BoG

Smash Journeyman
So far, I'm right about my every other week character. 20, 24, or 25 starters is my call, so No character this week. It's either going to be Lip's stick, or another deonfirmation. Lucario in a Pokeball or Midna in a pokeball is my call. I think Lucario is worthy of a playable spot, though, so I'm hoping we don't get that.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
Munchlax is awesome. Shush your mouth. Do you know how long it took me to actually catch one of those things? Forever...
Plus IMO the only "God Awful" Pokemon is Volbeat/Illumise.. look it up. You'll agree.

I really wouldn't mind if this entire week was all pokeball Pokemon.... I'm sure most of you here would be annoyed and whine though..

If its a Veteran, I'd expect it to be Capt. Falcon or Jigglypuff. I have a feeling they'll come soon.

If it's a Newcomer...uhm... Lucario, Blaziken, Meowth, Ridley, Wolf, Midna, WW Link or Dixie Kong would be awesome.

I just hope it isn't another "How To Play" thing. YOU MUST RECOVER!

Top Bottom