• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

Revven

FrankerZ
Who's to say Kirby would have the same moves...?

Anyway, hoping for a veteran character profile. Haven't had one since August 17th which happened to be a Friday too!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I guess you didn't see the Mario update today.

-Knight
So do you mean to say that they could have, for instance, taken the hammer and made it his forward smash? I think that would actually be a pretty cool change since...well, his forward smash in Melee left something to be desired anyway. Plus extra moves! Who doesn't like those?!

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
Why would Kirby's moves be neat? So we can see "Oh yes! Kirby is back with his same move!" I'd rather have some Subspace anyday, preferably a boss.
Okay I guess a boss would be good, but I just said Kirby/Zelda because it would get kirby out of the way and it would answer my question to what Zelda's down B is.

But I will flip tonight if Falcon's reviled.

IllidR

Smash Champion
Okay I guess a boss would be good, but I just said Kirby/Zelda because it would get kirby out of the way and it would answer my question to what Zelda's down B is.

But I will flip tonight if Falcon's reviled.
But you know Sakurai.. he'd give us every one of Zelda's moves besides her down-B.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
You can't be suggesting the rock, or the suck-in, or the up-special as A-moves can you? The only one that could be placed there would be his hammer.
I'm not suggesting the rock or the inhaling or the cutter move to be replaced. The hammer would be a great move to be replaced as it was god awful in melee and frankly it seemed a little akward (imo) for him to be using it.

But it's not not impossible that his Hammer move can be replaced.

So do you mean to say that they could have, for instance, taken the hammer and made it his forward smash? I think that would actually be a pretty cool change since...well, his forward smash in Melee left something to be desired anyway. Plus extra moves! Who doesn't like those?!

Yes that's what I had in mind; no one really likes the hammer taking up B space. I'd rather have some sort of projectile attack over it. Perhaps the Laser ablity.

-Knight

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
LUCAS!!!!

...or Meta-Knights OFFICIAL moveset...prob half of it...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I thought of this last night when I was brewing over what other abilities might've possibly been moved that we didn't notice. However, we've also seen his forward smash already, so I doubt this is happening. :(

What I wish they'd do is make different kinds of hammers depending on how you use it. A simple B tap could be the usual swing vertically down into the ground like he does in the games. Holding B could charge the move up and be a vertical flaming uppercut with it. Running with it could have him hold it out and spin it around.

Or they could just cut the move entirely in favor of Dedede. :)

But you know Sakurai.. he'd give us every one of Zelda's moves besides her down-B.
That's one thing about Sakurai that totally IS predictable.

LUCAS!!!!
What's so great about Lucas, anyway. I'd cry if they removed Ness, he's is the definition of a Smash Brother in my eye. :( Smash introduced me to him.

...or Meta-Knights OFFICIAL moveset...prob half of it...
I'll kill someone if they waste our time with a Meta Knight special move update.

I predict

Pits decent part 2.. You'll see
I'll kill someone if we get more pre-rendered adventure mode trash, too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I thought of this last night when I was brewing over what other abilities might've possibly been moved that we didn't notice. However, we've also seen his forward smash already, so I doubt this is happening. :(

What I wish they'd do is make different kinds of hammers depending on how you use it. A simple B tap could be the usual swing vertically down into the ground like he does in the games. Holding B could charge the move up and be a vertical flaming uppercut with it. Running with it could have him hold it out and spin it around.

What's so great about Lucas, anyway. I'd cry if they removed Ness, he's is the definition of a Smash Brother in my eye. :( Smash introduced me to him.

I'll kill someone if they waste our time with a Meta Knight special move update.

NOTHING is great about Lucas...I WANT Ness....

the problem is I am predicting Ness is out and I just want a confirmation of whether he is or not...

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
NOTHING is great about Lucas...I WANT Ness....

the problem is I am predicting Ness is out and I just want a confirmation of whether he is or not...
I'd much rather they give us Flint if they're going to give us a Mother 3 character. What would be so bad about two Mother characters anyway?

PIT_IS_BACK

Smash Journeyman

Well its seems you like killing people, that cant be healthy.

D_B_S

Smash Lord

Are you gonna kill me? lol...Cause I dont want no adventure stuff just
as much as you do

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I really hope they don't axe Ness. I'd rather see Ness stay, and get Flint from Mother 3. He wouldn't be another Ness, he'd weild an entirely new weapon (a 2x4, how hardcore is that?) that no other brawler wields, and he'd still cover Mother 3.

Ness is more of a Smash Brother to me now than an Earthbound character. I'm sure it's that way for a lot of people... they probably never heard of Earthbound until Smash 64.
I just think that, if Sakurai is going to put in two mother characters, this is what he will do. He will put in Lucas and Claus. He could keep in Ness, but Paula and Poo can't really be implemented, because Ness already uses their moves. Jeff could be put in but he doesn't have much to attack with. They could put in Flint or Kumatora, but Claus is more popular. Lucas and Claus just seems more logical. Of course, they could keep Ness and not add anybody new. So the way I see it is

either Ness and Jeff get in or Lucas and Claus do.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I just think that, if Sakurai is going to put in two mother characters, this is what he will do. He will put in Lucas and Claus. He could keep in Ness, but Paula and Poo can't really be implemented, because Ness already uses their moves. Jeff could be put in but he doesn't have much to attack with. They could put in Flint or Kumatora, but Claus is more popular. Lucas and Claus just seems more logical. Of course, they could keep Ness and not add anybody new. So the way I see it is

either Ness and Jeff get in or Lucas and Claus do.
Ness doesn't use ALL there moves...there are a LOT more than 3 PK attacks...

Pk Starstorm Anyone???

Anyway Pk Rockin' for Ness' final Smash!!!

Sinn

Smash Lord

Pk Starstorm Anyone???

Poo NEEDS to be in Brawl and he NEEDS his Mirror ability as a special. It would be like...Kirby's copy ability to the EXTREME.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
You know what I like, A double update confirming both Ness and Lucas being the huge mother fanboy I am but It a huge far off dream.......

Well I predict a Music or SE Update like a boss or something for the last day of updating this week.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
You are wrong. Peach was confirmed the same week as Red.

I'm guessing it's either a music or item update.

NessOwnsYou

Smash Cadet
we should get a character because meta knight was confirmed

and ike was confirmed the same week as peach
You are wrong. Peach was confirmed the same week as Red.

I'm guessing it's either a music or item update.
You are both right since the week Ike was confirmed, Peach was shown in the SE Update the following friday pretty much confirming her while the week PT was confirmed, Peach got her profile.

I want Ness! or Lucas? Whatever good but I still think is going to be Music or SE Update

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord

Pk Starstorm Anyone???

Yeah, but Ness and Lucas basically use the same attacks so they would just be clones of eachother. Sakurai obviously wants Mother 3 in the game as he was holding out for it for both games and always intended to replace Ness in Melee but the game wasn't out yet. Sakurai is definately going to replace Ness for Lucas.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Yeah, but Ness and Lucas basically use the same attacks so they would just be clones of eachother. Sakurai obviously wants Mother 3 in the game as he was holding out for it for both games and always intended to replace Ness in Melee but the game wasn't out yet. Sakurai is definately going to replace Ness for Lucas.
Which wouldn't be a problem, Sakurai can easily make Ness Lucas' alt or vise-versa, really, though.

I call veteran update tonight. Ice Climbers, Sakurai, we need them.

Top Bottom