• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
I knew we wouldn't get a character update. Finally the stage they've been showing to us for weeks and weeks now gets it's own post. I bet this is a pattern...introducing things we've been seeing for some time now. I call Snake for friday.

Edit: O___o Didn't see the double update

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Lol.
It's a stage!
Pokemon Stadium 2.
FINALLY!
But this continues the string of obvious yet awesome updates.
I like that it has different transformations.
Ice and Flying look neat.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Meta Knight was NOT acceptable as a character update and I still consider the last one to be Diddy, which was like 2 weeks ago. We need a good character update, and now it's late. This has to mean that we're getting one.

This NEEDS to be ...
Captain Falcon
Ganondorf
Snake
another version of Link (YL, WWL, wolf link, etc.)
a completely new character (Megaman, Sonic, Ridley, F-Zero villain, etc.)

PLEEEEEEEEEASE!
i rather want a totally new character to, but i still think he was the character update for this week.

and im geusing something to do with metaknigy, his final smash perhaps

Weed

Smash Lord
Dang, Stadium transforms again >_< I was hoping they'd remove that..
The Mario part just confuses/annoys/bewilders/joys me all at the same time.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
i dont understand how mario will work this could be done with more characters

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
FLUDD looks stupid as hell...

At least we can prob guess what Luigi gets

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
mario with fludd :D i knew it, and wow pokemon stadium has a sort of flying mode just like battlefield has in singleplayer

Weed

Smash Lord
I hope Mario doesn't lose the Cape for this..doubt it though, I'm guessing FLUDD can be knocked off of Mario and for the time that he doesn't have it, his Mario Tornado returns.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Oooh. Just noticed it's a double update.
Finally!
Mario moves!
FLUDD?!
Looks like Sakurai is putting HUGE emphasis on Sunshine.

Sinn

Smash Lord
Apparently characters will now have an extra A attack....
Actually, I'm guessing that's just going to replace one he already has, like his side smash from 64 to Melee.

Good lord, now I'm worried about Zelda's transformation REALLY being taken out. And them giving Luigi the vacuum...

As a Mario player, I have very mixed feelings about this.

I hope they don't remove any of his current aerial tilts for mario tornado. So far he still has his Uair, Fair, Nair. Havn't seen his Bair or Dair. There has to be something new in Brawl for this to be possible.

This throws alot of speculation in the water.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Will Luigi, forever doomed to be a semi-clone of Mario, feature the Poltergeist 3000 as his down special?

Will the Mario Tornado be a simple aerial instead of a special move? Or, daresay, a SMASH ATTACK?

Will Pokemon Stadium, a favorite among the competitive Melee community, become a banned stage in Brawl?

Find out on the next exciting episode of Smash Bros DOJO!

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
As a Mario player, I have very mixed feelings about this.

I hope they don't remove any of his current aerial tilts for mario tornado. So far he still has his Uair, Fair, Nair. Havn't seen his Bair or Dair. There has to be something new in Brawl for this to be possible.

This throws alot of speculation in the water.
Rest assured, if anything Mario could move up in the tier list. If they made him as powerful as Dr. Mario is in Melee well then he'll be a forced to be reckoned with. That and I'd use em a whole lot more just like in the SSB 64 days.....

Sinn

Smash Lord
This whole charging up while shielding thing is really interesting me...think we'll see that feature with other characters?

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
mario tornado was the crappiest attack ever, people only used as a extra jump. but fludd wil be for recovering ofcourse

SOJ

Smash Journeyman
This whole charging up while shielding thing is really interesting me...think we'll see that feature with other characters?
I do believe so. Also...has Sakurai taken out the bubble shield? We've yet to see someone in their bubble shield in any trailer or anywhere on the dojo.

MeleeMan

Smash Ace
NNID
WilderFTW
3DS FC
2105-9709-5961
Hmm... showed Ice, Ground, and Flying, but not Electric. Wonder if there's something special about it.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
I do believe so. Also...has Sakurai taken out the bubble shield? We've yet to see someone in their bubble shield in any trailer or anywhere on the dojo.
now in the trailers when they roll you see a glimps of the bubble

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
He could charge it up while shielding.... Does this mean other people could do there B attacks out of shield(and not just UpB like in melee) it'd open up about 532905472389057823 combo possibilities.

And a note to those who forgot. In Mario Sunshine to do the Mario tornado you have to spin your control stick in a circle. Lets HOPE TO ****ING GOD that that's not what you have to do.

ShoDan

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that. It's in the video. Good call. ****, this is a weird one. It's gotta be an aerial then. Maybe his dair? Seems awkward though. A tilt??? I dunno, I'm going to bed. lol
i just got out of bed its 9.35 here, and thanx for saying that. i totally remember why i love this update so much, we did saq his tornado in the game and i was disapointed that they didnt remove it but now he has a better down B. and the tornado will be a Dair

Top Bottom