• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official OMG Tonight Prediction Thread

FierceDeityWolf

Smash Ace
In a place where the grass is green and the girls
I was slightly disappointed by these moves... I thought he'd be more DKC then any of the garbage released thus far.

Then again, he did mention that he'd use the stuff anyway.

DIXIE FTW!

Blesphamy, I say!! EPIC FAILZ. Donkey Kong 64 WAS THE BEST DONKEY KONG GAME, AND YOU ALL KNOW IT...:mad:

...I zaw nozing!

I want a Metroid related update, dammit. We didn't get one last week, especially with Corruption (Game kicks ***, but I only beat it at 98% :urg:)

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Maybe there wasn't a Metroid update because of the fact that Corruption has not been released in Japan yet -_-'. I'm hoping tonight's update will be either character, AT, or Pokeball. I'm also hoping for something Mother related.

goodkid

Smash Lord
This week could be interesting. We have the convention to look forward to, and maybe a new character this week, unless Sakurai gives us another no character week. Tomorrow could be an item or character, but I don't know, we have to think of the unpredictable, like the gliding update.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Were getting music this week, its been a while, but dear god ANYTHING metroid related!...

or just a character, metaknight, falcon, IDC just give me a character...

Revven

FrankerZ
A character sounds about right...especially, since we didn't get one last week. I hope we get two, one newcomer and one veteran like Sakurai did for PT and Peach...

Otherwise, I'm expecting a How to Play, AT, or Pokeball tomorrow.

The Bino

Smash Lord
I understand the crying about a Metroid related update, but you have to remember that the Metroid Franchise isn't really big over in Japan as it is in North America so i would suspect that when Metroid Prime 3 releases over in Japan then we will get something Metroid related

And as of now, MP3 doesn't have a set in stone release date in Japan like they do in other regions

BoG

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get something character related. If not a playable one, deconfim someone as a boss or AT. But I really want to wake up to a new challenger approaching header. I may just shed a tear of joy if I do.

Sculelos

Smash Journeyman
I've been saying this for awhile but I really want to see Captain Falcon, or any new character.

If it's not a character then a stage or pokemon would be interesting, I would also like to see event matches or a crawling update although those aren't likely at this point.

Basically I just want to see something that will surprise me or make me happy to see it confirmed.

camzaman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, at this point, I'd rather see CF or Ness than a new person, just because I'm curious as to how they've changed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Prob character tomarrow considering the whole nintendo event...

I say item today...it's been a while

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't know why people ever thought he wasn't a starter in the first place. >_>

Glad we got Meta Knight's profile out of the way. Every character announced from now on should be either new, or debated veterans. (supposing unlockables aren't shown and Luigi and Jigglypuff remain unlockable.)

iMichael

Smash Lord
Call me a noob if you want or whatever cuz I'm not...but all these confirmed characters are starters?

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, "delayed for some reason"

I think Sakurai has something really big and interesting up his sleeve today in the conference...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

I think Sakurai has something really big and interesting up his sleeve today in the conference...
I thought the conference was over and nothing was said...:ohwell:

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
"For some reason" does hint at something, as I highly doubt he meant it out of forgetfulness.

I wish we would have gotten an update along with his moves, because this update isn't telling us anything new.

iMichael

Smash Lord
Call me a noob if you want or whatever cuz I'm not...but all these confirmed characters are starters?

Me too...I like how he confirmes one of his creations the day of the conference along with the "delayed for some reason" note:lick:

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
Mark my words when I say that this little play on words with "for some reason" isn't Sakurai's normal cheesy little sayings. The fact that there is some info on Brawl and Galaxy coming out today plus this tell me that today they're going to reveal ALOT about the subspace mode. And I mean ALOT.

Hmm, but I wonder it has to do with Meta-Knight.

Maybe he's the main conspiritor in the subspace mode and he just has alot of minion bosses from all the other series(i.e. Petey)

edit: @ Andrew, wasn't the conference comfirmed to be on Wed. Sep 5th(today)?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really have no clue why Sakurai said that, it probably does imply importance in the Subspace Emissary, but we're not getting any info today... It's already over.

^^Read my last post.

pineappleupsetshark

Smash Journeyman
Augh!
Mindgame'd.
I'd given up hope of seeing a Metaknight profile any time soon.
<3 my Metaknight.
Definitely my main, and probably that of everyone I know. :laugh:
Anyhoo, expect an AT or Pokeball tomorrow, hopefully the latter. Probably Kyogre, but could be Rayquaza, the Robo trio, or a WTF random choice.
Or an obnoxious Game Mode update. :ohwell:
The only certain characters who will be confirmed soon are Luigi and Captain Falcon.
Luigi, as per tradition, shall remain as the first unlockable. So, I'm expecting Captain Falcon, New Character, Ness or Lucas as the next three character bios, in that order.
Hopefully two next week.

Kizzu-kun

Smash Journeyman
(Meta Knight)
It's Meta Knight, whose introduction was delayed for some reason. He's Kirby's...rival?
(Animal Crossing: Go K.K. Rider!)
Then there’s this arrangement. As I sit and enjoy this song, it reminds me of one phrase in particular...

"Heroes always arrive late."
Something tells me a connection here.

Top Bottom