• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Now Playing Topic

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Quake 2 OST - Quad Machine

I remember this from when I was in like, 6th grade and got my first computer. Old ****ty gateway. And it came with Quake 2 and some other games (i cant remember.) And i was like "oh man, quake, that's what those uber guys play"

So i'd hop online with my flightstick and jump into a Rail Arena. (cause I was a dumb kid, I thought all uber players used joysticks, gamepads, and whatnot. I mean who'd use a keyboard and mouse, that **** came with the cpu. LOL)

Yeah I got *****, but I still remember this track to this day. I ****in love it.

Speaking of which, i kinda need to get around to installing quake4, since i've had it ever since the day it came out and never played it.

I ****ing miss rail arenas.

Ni-pa!!~~~~

izzy24

Smash Ace

Same here

As i lay, Zao, Blindside, got me into metal.

izzy check woe of tyrants out they are like a slightly better as i lay dying imo
Woe of tyrants- Sounding Jerusalem

I used to be really into metalcore not so much anymore, they just cant retain my interest.
My favorite metalcore band of all time though is probably misery signals first album.
Misery Signals- On Account of Being Absent
Misery Signals- Five Years
not too sure why but i enjoy them more than any other metalcore
Dang!!! That was amazing dude, will definetly check them out.

BTW: One Piece>>>>>>>Naruto anyday!! LOL :laugh:

The Devil Wears Prada - Still Fly
Better than the original IMO

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Somebody threw a link up to that in forum games (i think it was in ask the next person a question)

That cover is.... interesting. Like, I dont like ........ whatever that genre is called (I know it's not screamo, but I dont actually know what that genre is called), but the idea just made me laugh so **** hard. And for the genre it's well done.

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
If you guys are into metalcore or whatever it's called, you should listen to UnderOath's second album. That **** will blow you away.

Now listening to: Pixies - Gigantic

Master Raven

Smash Master
I never got into metalcore, but I've heard Between the Buried and Me are highly regarded.

Lustmord - Sublimation

Zoro

Smash Champion
I never got into metalcore, but I've heard Between the Buried and Me are highly regarded.

Lustmord - Sublimation
BTBAM is great stuff but not for everybody and I wouldn't exactly call em metal core

Underoath is my least favorite band and i consider them to be extremely highly overrated. I have all their albums as well. None are great.
Norma jean is garbage their only good album was their first and it was like...6/10 imo
96% of metalcore is pure and utter garbage their genericness knows no bounds. Some bands stand out though,usually the ones that try to seperate themselves from the genre.

IKTPQ?

Probably could be the best but I cant tell because all metalcore sounds identical to me
maybe I like misery signals cuz they have non metalcoreish elements but are still fundamentally metalcore.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i like btbam.
they variate their sound a lot, so it doesnt sound the same each song.

IKTPQ, yeah. I love em.

underoath isn't THAT bad.
They're just errrr, well yeah overrated.
But they put a lot of meaning into their stuff.

Being a drummer that's blind in one eye, then colorblind in the other is tough stuff.
but i'm not being sympathetic towards them...

Norma jean....hmmmm

bless the martyt and kiss the child was their best imo.

try Protest the Hero

:D

Master Raven

Smash Master
Benn Jordan is overall my favorite electronic musician.

You guys should try out industrial music. Skinny Puppy was my gateway industrial band and since then it's pretty much become my favorite genre within electronic music. I especially dig the old school stuff like Throbbing Gristle, Coil (my favorite industrial band and one of my favorites in general), Psychic TV, Suicide, etc. Unfortunately it's also really easy to **** up, and the music can be really boring. VNV Nation and Angeldust are two examples I can think of that really bored me because I thought they sounded so generic.

Depeche Mode - Here is the House

AfroQT

Smash Master
Benn Jordan is overall my favorite electronic musician.

You guys should try out industrial music. Skinny Puppy was my gateway industrial band and since then it's pretty much become my favorite genre within electronic music. I especially dig the old school stuff like Throbbing Gristle, Coil, Psychic TV, Suicide, etc.

Depeche Mode - Here is the House
Benn Jordan is simply too good.
Pretty much everything hes done i've liked, tho i wish he'd go back to something like Red Extensions of me (or Programmable Love Songs Vol. 1). Im also liking MMM, i hadnt listened to it in a long time, and im listening to it again and i like it alot.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
2Pac, A Tribe Called Quest, AZ, Immortal Technique, Dead Prez, The Notorious B.I.G, Joell Ortiz, Deltron, M.O.P........and a whole lot of **** i listen to but im too lazy to type all that

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Marcus Miller - Blast

It sucks that i cant find the album version on youtube, cause it's off the chain (The youtube version in that link doesnt groove as much as the album version, but I can only find 30 sec. samples for you guys).

__

Tracks off the chain. I love jazz (well, like, 90% of it. Smooth jazz can die in a fire and I actually hate Ragtime).

My friend phillip (shin reiatsu from the SC community, if you're into that) started listening to a buncha Miller when he started learning to play bass. We were jammin in the car one day to this cd and this track just stuck.

Then i was over at his house sometime after SF4 was out, and he had it playing on the ps3 while we played. This track is actually awesome as **** for BGM for fighters.

Rika Approves. Ni-pa!!~~~

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Was playing smash, trying to show my sis how to play.

Ermmm...

I'm listening to

The World - SeeSaw

Yeah, from this Hack//sign show. I think it was from another, not so sure.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Meat Beat Manifesto - Re-Animator (Part 2)

I love this band. I've recently torrented their stuff from waffles.fm, which by the way is awesome. Nothing but high quality torrents ranging from 192kbps all the way up to FLAC.

Top Bottom