• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Now Playing Topic

Master Raven

Smash Master
Just post whatever you're listening to right now.

Orange Goblin - Nuclear Guru

<3 stoner rock and metal.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Cathedral - Picture Of Beauty And Innocence (Intro) / Commiserating The Celebration

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Bring Me The Horizon - No Need For Introductions, I've Read About Girls Like You On The Back Of Toilet Doors

****, what a long *** title.

Master Raven

Smash Master
****, what a long *** title.
Venetian Snares has a song called A Giant Alien Force More Violent & Sick Than Anything You Can Imagine, and some of Gigantic Brain's song titles are pretty long from what I can remember. While not really LONG per see, Aphex Twin has an amusing title called DeltaMi-1=aSigman=1Di(n)(SigmajEC(i)Fij(n-1)+Fexti(n-1)).

... Actually that does look pretty long.

Orange Goblin - One Room, One Axe, One Outcome

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Aphex Twin has crazy sheet music....

FCPSITSGEPGEPGEP is a really long song title

F**K CONDOMS PREMARITAL SEX IS THE S**T GET EM PREGNANT GET EM PREGNANT GET EM PREGNANT

love it though.

The Fall of Troy - "You Got A Death wish, Johnny Truant?"

Master Raven

Smash Master
Trey Azagthoth is my favorite guitarist in metal.

Goldie - Mother

David Bowie sings vocals on this :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
1) Man i love these kinds of threads. Ima be here like, twice a day unless I can contain myself.

2)
boomer kawanger
Oh man, time to go get Columbus so you can get ***** in the face for not saying Spark Mandriller. (I personally like Storm Eagle, but im an X theme scrub.)

RED BOOTS - Soul Nomad and the World Eaters OST

Cause I'm playin the game right now and I love this f'n theme.

.... **** gypsys.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
is the game nastee?
Soul Nomad and the World Eaters is nast. It's so nasty the Y flipped a **** and walked off.

The game is great. Easily my favorite game in the Nippon Ichi series, because unlike Disgaea (and really EVERY OTHER ONE), you'll find it kinda hard to powerlevel or flat out break the game until you beat it once.

Unit based strat rpg. Story is really good, and actually unique. (characters are pretty frickin hilarious. Gig is off the chain). Music is aight, except RED BOOTS is also located off of the previously stated chain. Graphics.... it's a Nippon Ichi PS2 srpg, they all look the same. (Heck, you can even rope Disgaea 3 in here if you wanted to.)

that's my cliffnotes review. and I think im actually going to go through with my idea and start a general game discussion thread. Cause this is supposed to be about what's currently playing.

______

And to stay on topic with the thread, I am currently listening to

When The Heart Ignites - Wild ARMs 5 OST

The Wild ARMs 5 Ost is easily one of my favorite OSTs ever. I actually have a copy of it in my car (it's somewhere in the back of my cd book, it's not like it actually gets playtime. XD)

If you like Game OSTs, check it out. It's high tier, easy.

___

And on an off topic sidenote, I think i might wanna avoid this topic till next week cause I might lose some crucial votes in the most epic poll to hit the South.

*points to sig*

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I wouldn't believe this site would have players who play that type of stuff, bro. I haven't got to those games, but I got games like it. Things like Persona 3/4, Odin Sphere, Tales of the Abyss. Sounds like we may have a common interest, bro.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I wouldn't believe this site would have players who play that type of stuff, bro. I haven't got to those games, but I got games like it. Things like Persona 3/4, Odin Sphere, Tales of the Abyss. Sounds like we may have a common interest, bro.
*points to the general game thread

I've played Odin Sphere, love it. N**ger Napalm Combo for lyfe.
*ending spoiler*
Including the mind **** "Got chyo ******* ending system

I've played through Tales of the Abyss. Twice. I love the Tales series. The Abyss is one of my favorites, even with some of the "illogical" scenarios and plot ideas

"............................. A LIGER!"

And although I've never played Persona 3 or 4, I've seen enough of 3 to know that it wakes up early every morning and ***** 17 people daily, and Persona 4 put some weights on.

____

*to stay on topic*.

Odin Sphere has some a few aight tracks.

Rally
A Hard Fight and then Hope
and of course The Victory Theme

Tales of the Abyss had like... i dunno, one track I liked, I think? I dont really even feel like looking for the name of it as I dont remember it at all. It might have been the boss them *looks in game OST folder ... oh I dont have the TotA OST on here anyway.*

And then there's Persona. That's just not fair. Hip Hop/Rap OST for most of 3, and then a mix of that and like Japanese-esque-garage-rock-ish for 4? Get *****.

Persona 3
Mass Destruction (This mix starts out with the original version, then the FES Version, then the Reincarnation version (I have no clue what Reincarnation is beyond some OST))
Unavoidable Battle
Master of Shadow
Burn My Dread -Last Battle-

Lotus Juice is off the ****ing chain. Wish I could actually find a few of his cds.

Persona 4
Reach Out To The Truth -First Battle-
I'll Face Myself

___

Get relevence *****.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
VGM is cool and all, but why not make yourself some chiptunes?

;D

I make music using a game boy, but hey chiptunes and VGM are just modulations of squarewaves. ;D
now go make some vidya music.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
If you can make chiptunes, teach me, or show me what you use and do. :3 I want to make some music. I got tunes in my head that need realization.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
VGM is cool and all, but why not make yourself some chiptunes?

;D

I make music using a game boy, but hey chiptunes and VGM are just modulations of squarewaves. ;D
now go make some vidya music.
Ya know, i've actually been asked this question before and I have an answer for that.

Although I could go try and make some stuff myself, I really like the VGM of today. If somebody were to ask me this back when the music was still mostly computer generated, I would have been more likely to be like "Yeah that's a great idea" because that's all that was out then. Back in the SNES and Sega days when we were jammin out to Stickerbrush Symphony and Ice Cap Zone

But now, the music is actually being performed by live musicians, (or hilariously bad musicans as shown by Cibo Matto, so it's literally the same as movie soundtracks. Hell, after taking a class on music in film, I could actually argue and persuade you that the genres of music in video games parallel the genres of music in film (The genres being an orchestral score, a pop soundtrack, and a "musical" (in video games, this would equate to rhythm games with their own OST, Gitraoo Man, Parappa the Rappa, etc).

So that's why I like the music nowaday. The old stuff is harder to argue why I dont go make my own, but the themes and songs are really the same as the current stuff; you just stumble across songs that are real catchy or that you know because of whatever they mean to you.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
It may seem really complicated, but infact it's actually really easy.
I use LSDJ (Little Sound Disc Jockey) It costs 0 (just a donation fee) so any amount really. For the ROM. To flash it on a cart will set you back 40$, there are a few people that will service this for you.

I also use Fruity Loops 8, With some VST plugins.
oh, And Reason 4.

I wish I could teach how, but I've not the slightest idea how I would go about doing so. >_<'

myspace.com/wavdash
check out my song for atlantic south. ;D

EDIT:

well, I can't argue with you Dogy. lol.
But yeaaaah, VGM is cool, but you delve into it so much where I can't argue.
Also, Chemical plant > Ice Cap !
BACK ON TOPIC ~

Boss - Rick Ross

(lol)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*laughs and scratches head* Im a music major, and VGM is something I really like. What can I say?

Speaking of video game music, im playing Battletoads on SNES right now, and i ****ing hate how everytime you pause the game, the song starts over.

So i'm going to throw on some

Safety Off - By Haystak.

Sadly, nobody has uploaded this to youtube, i should do that.

For anybody who likes rap, you need to listen to some Haystak. Especially if you're in the South. Haystak is a white boy from *rolls eyes thinking* Tennesse, I think? But he's ridiculously witty with he's lyrics. His personalitiy that he goes for is everything Bubba Sparxxx tried and failed at miserably when he came out (Cause Bubba Sparxxx is straight garbage and I'll fight anybody who tries to say otherwise.)

Get on some Stak Mak.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Frost-RAVEN - Merlin the Wise

Hooray for unsigned artists who are better than most signed artists.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Dogysamich is rad lol. I love VGM.

Boards of Canada - Under the Coke Sign

Short interlude but it's amazing.

and hoooooly **** there's a 23-minute grind song? Wow I should go check 'em out.

Top Bottom