• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Michigan Brawl Power Rankings: Season 11 Images Up!

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Ori: I believe you are thinking of the Cheesy Cheddarburger. What Rob is questioning is the Chessy Cheddarburger. Which, is, as you guessed, Rob, is a cheeseburger that possesses the essence of Chess. A classic burger to eat in NY City parks.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Love the power ranking picture.

I think Roller got the best of it because those 6 piece Spicy chicken nuggets are ****ing legit.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Despite the fact that I argued pokemon with him, I'm surprised TuTu and Roller aren't switched, do the results really dictate that or was the last tournament the most important or did I miss something?

Roller

Smash Legend
1) Last tourney did turn out to be most important in the eyes of the panel, as it had the highest number of hype matches between ranked/potentially ranked players, with a lot of upsets happening.
(Me vs #2 Kenny, Me vs #3 SK, SK vs #1 Lain, Zinoto vs Gio (previously PR'd), Zinoto vs #1 Lain, Zinoto vs Anther, Coco vs #7 Oblivion, etc)

Outside of that tourney, there were not many results between the top players; helped a lot in providing a better (and more current) skill assessment between them.

2) With me being 1-1 with #5 Tutu, 1-0 with #2 Kenny, 1-0 with #3 SK, 1-0 with #8 Tech_Chase (Tech in pools, therefore counting less) it gave me more, better, and more recent notable wins than Tutu this season. I also only lost to Lain and Shugo at the last tourney, arguably the top 2 players in the Midwest. Despite earning a win vs Blue Rogue in pools (again, counting less) this weekend, Tutu does not have wins vs anyone else on the PR from last season or this one except for vs myself (who was unranked at the time) who he also lost to at the same tournament, and #8 Tech Chase multiple times.

3) We started discussion with Tutu at #4, then he (Tutu) advocated putting me before himself, and the panel majority agreed.

4) The smallest gap between players occurs in spots 4-6.

That is not all of the data, however I am too lazy to reiterate more of what we said in the panel/stats, hope it answered your question though.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
1) Last tourney did turn out to be most important in the eyes of the panel, as it had the highest number of hype matches between ranked/potentially ranked players, with a lot of upsets happening.
(Me vs #2 Kenny, Me vs #3 SK, SK vs #1 Lain, Zinoto vs Gio (previously PR'd), Zinoto vs #1 Lain, Zinoto vs Anther, Coco vs #7 Oblivion, etc)
I don't think you should take the previous rankings into account. You should probably take into account how everyone is doing in the current season lol. Sure, Kenny was 2nd last season, but he got ***** this season lmao (partially because he only came to one event). Additionally, I lost to you, but you were 4th this season. I'm not saying I don't agree with the list, I just think looking back at who was ranked where 3 months ago for our current PR is silly.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
On the bright side, Ori's finally choosing to design with theme style rather than just throwing technique at it.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
I don't think you should take the previous rankings into account. You should probably take into account how everyone is doing in the current season lol. Sure, Kenny was 2nd last season, but he got ***** this season lmao (partially because he only came to one event). Additionally, I lost to you, but you were 4th this season. I'm not saying I don't agree with the list, I just think looking back at who was ranked where 3 months ago for our current PR is silly.
But roller beat you before he was ranked so I don't understand your point in that.

Are you suggesting that, by not looking back at who was ranked 3 months ago, the pr shouldn't take into account that someone beat a pr member from the previous season? If so then that would leave tourney placings as the only gauge of skill

:phone:

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
That’s my point though. Roller wasn’t PR’d until this season, so he shouldn’t be seen as a “bad loss” to those that lost to him during the past season. I’m not suggesting to not look back at previous PRs, but I think you should look for those wins in the context they’re given in for the current season. For example, Roller beat me and Kenny. In the one tourney Kenny entered, he lost to lain in losers, who Zinoto and I beat. If Kenny was seen as a “better win” than Zinoto or I for the current season because he was ranked 2nd last season vs. my 3rd and Zinoto's nothing, that would be a problem. I’m sure this isn’t the case though, it just seemed like it was because of how Roller constantly referenced the last PR. Although, that was probably done for a more condensed explanation.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Dollar Menu doesn't have #s. Those are combos. Furthermore being a dollar menu would make them 1 step farther from free. :yeahboi:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
On the bright side, Ori's finally choosing to design with theme style rather than just throwing technique at it.
I will take this as a compliment and move forward with it! We almost were going to be going with a One Piece theme, but it was outvoted. I actually had a pretty clever design that would have fit the theme well. Next season though ;)

If it make you feel better the people ranked after you don't have any good wins either

:phone:
Tutu this is really true. Also you had no losses that were detrimental to your chances of getting ranked. Me ****ing up once cost me my shot lol.

That’s my point though. Roller wasn’t PR’d until this season, so he shouldn’t be seen as a “bad loss” to those that lost to him during the past season.
Dan I want you to elaborate on what constitutes as a bad loss for a ranked player.

In my opinion, if you are a ranked player, it is up to you to uphold that skill that brought you to the ranking. If you lose to an unranked player, why shouldn't it be held against you?

I’m not suggesting to not look back at previous PRs, but I think you should look for those wins in the context they’re given in for the current season. For example, Roller beat me and Kenny. In the one tourney Kenny entered, he lost to lain in losers, who Zinoto and I beat. If Kenny was seen as a “better win” than Zinoto or I for the current season because he was ranked 2nd last season vs. my 3rd and Zinoto's nothing, that would be a problem. I’m sure this isn’t the case though, it just seemed like it was because of how Roller constantly referenced the last PR. Although, that was probably done for a more condensed explanation.
This is a great point, when I'm looking at who should be ranked, I need to use the previous season's PR to determine what makes Win A better than Win B.

The scenario you brought up was a big thing I brought into consideration when ranking both Zinoto and Roller. Kenny's previous rank does make it a better win, but his win over you is just as significant. Zinoto beating lain is one of the BIGGEST reasons why he is ranked now and he does have some good wins if I remember correctly. Looking at it now, I'm not sure why your win over lain didn't boost you to #1 :confused:

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
It's definitively a compliment. Just putting all the special effects and brushes you know into something just makes it another fancy-looking list. It's all about taking what you have and making it look like what you want. For example, how does this in any way represent Fullmetal Alchemist? It has a passing resemblance to the old style I used for the DBZ rankings because I wanted to aim for the dramatic split-screen "WHAT?!" thing that those action animes do. I'm not sure it fits FMA, and as a result you're left with basically a standard vertical banner with a theme behind which images you picked.

And what's this? This isn't Castlevania. This is you getting complacent with a template. Castlevania would look better if you studied the source and tried to complement its own UI (which looks like this) in your image, but instead we got something that was basically the FMA PR with swapped characters.

In summary, thank you for making the Wendy's Power Ranking actually look like a Wendy's menu. It's a major sign of improvement in artistic sense.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Dollar menu, eh?

I see you're all 1 step closer to being free. :yeahboi:

<3
LOL, I think I might make this my sig.

I don't get why I'm PR'd.

I have no good wins and various random losses.
Your PR'd because you place solidly both in state and out of state, the "random" matches you do lose are usually bad match ups for your characters, and you're an outstanding player overall. You're in a slump, you have to keep evolving your play style. I think H_Arms said it right, who else would have your spot?

That’s my point though. Roller wasn’t PR’d until this season, so he shouldn’t be seen as a “bad loss” to those that lost to him during the past season. I’m not suggesting to not look back at previous PRs, but I think you should look for those wins in the context they’re given in for the current season. For example, Roller beat me and Kenny. In the one tourney Kenny entered, he lost to lain in losers, who Zinoto and I beat. If Kenny was seen as a “better win” than Zinoto or I for the current season because he was ranked 2nd last season vs. my 3rd and Zinoto's nothing, that would be a problem. I’m sure this isn’t the case though, it just seemed like it was because of how Roller constantly referenced the last PR. Although, that was probably done for a more condensed explanation.
Yeah I think Roller's comment was a simple condensation of a wall of text that he was thinking of. I would've liked to seen how I would place OoS before being PR'd, but I guess I'll just consider this as a reason to do extremely well at OoS tournies too. That's another criteria I think should be added (first time reading this thread lol). I've seen players place way differently when they travel OoS. Tutu, SK, Roller, Tech, even Thugz all have OoS experience, I'm just good at adapting lol. I saw tourney footage from OoS tournies of Roller who won matches that I think I would've lost.

idk just throwing my 2 cents in there.

Rabbi Nevins

Smash Lord
tutu if youre wondering why youre on the PR:

please refer to the rest of the PR and it will become apparent :yeahboi:

accepting money matches from all PR members <3

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Zinoto beating lain is one of the BIGGEST reasons why he is ranked now and he does have some good wins if I remember correctly. Looking at it now, I'm not sure why your win over lain didn't boost you to #1 :confused:
Rankings shouldn't be updated "fresh" every time. If Mango only enters one tourney in a ranking period and loses to a previously unranked player, that player shouldn't just jump Mango or even approach him on the PR... multiple wins and multiple ranking periods should be required to reach the top ranks. I'm not sure this PR takes that into consideration, but it should, because that's how it works everywhere else.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Dan I want you to elaborate on what constitutes as a bad loss for a ranked player.
In my opinion, if you are a ranked player, it is up to you to uphold that skill that brought you to the ranking. If you lose to an unranked player, why shouldn't it be held against you?
If the person is unranked and is going to stay unranked, that’s a bad loss to me. If the person is unranked, and clearly going to be PR’d I don’t see why they should be treated as unranked. Idk.

The scenario you brought up was a big thing I brought into consideration when ranking both Zinoto and Roller. Kenny's previous rank does make it a better win, but his win over you is just as significant. Zinoto beating lain is one of the BIGGEST reasons why he is ranked now and he does have some good wins if I remember correctly. Looking at it now, I'm not sure why your win over lain didn't boost you to #1 :confused:
After I thought it through for a while, it makes sense. Lain did beat a lot of notable people at revenge, the most notable being shugo. I feel like I kind of got screwed at siis because I lost to Logic, who lain also lost to, and Kystedez, who tied with lain at revenge. I didn’t really have a chance to get any notable wins because of my bracket. I mean, if I had Infern’s bracket… lmfao. But as it is, I can see why lain’s higher than me.

Rankings shouldn't be updated "fresh" every time. If Mango only enters one tourney in a ranking period and loses to a previously unranked player, that player shouldn't just jump Mango or even approach him on the PR... multiple wins and multiple ranking periods should be required to reach the top ranks. I'm not sure this PR takes that into consideration, but it should, because that's how it works everywhere else.
I can somewhat understand this since lain and I only played one time. But if I beat him say, 3 times in the same season while he beats me none, should that be held against me because I’d still be like 12-5 with him overall?

What 2 tourneys did mikey enter? I see him in GS3 and that's it
siis6. You were there lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
It's definitively a compliment. Just putting all the special effects and brushes you know into something just makes it another fancy-looking list. It's all about taking what you have and making it look like what you want. For example, how does this in any way represent Fullmetal Alchemist? It has a passing resemblance to the old style I used for the DBZ rankings because I wanted to aim for the dramatic split-screen "WHAT?!" thing that those action animes do. I'm not sure it fits FMA, and as a result you're left with basically a standard vertical banner with a theme behind which images you picked.

And what's this? This isn't Castlevania. This is you getting complacent with a template. Castlevania would look better if you studied the source and tried to complement its own UI (which looks like this) in your image, but instead we got something that was basically the FMA PR with swapped characters.

In summary, thank you for making the Wendy's Power Ranking actually look like a Wendy's menu. It's a major sign of improvement in artistic sense.
o. if that's the case. Then WTP is the one deserving of your compliments. He thought up both using Wendy's, and making the template a menu.
tutu if youre wondering why youre on the PR:

please refer to the rest of the PR and it will become apparent :yeahboi:

accepting money matches from all PR members <3
I'll MM youuu. =D
I was and was originally going to ask why he's below tutu if he out placed him at both tourneys but mikeys not in the results for singles only doubles which this pr has said they don't count
...He entered singles. He's entered as Oreo. (Excel is listed separately)
His wins vs Zinoto and Tutu are better wins than anyone below him on the PR have.

&SK, I'd have to address your comments about my post irl, because it gets way too convoluted to discuss on here. But yes, I did condense information. At the same time, Kenny is seen as a good win still because prior to this tourney he had done nothing to indicate he wasn't a top player (short of be inactive this season) and losing to Lain, the best player in the state right now is not a loss that should put him lower than just about anyone. His loss to me is the only reason to say he did poorly. And me beating him and you at this tourney is what put me high up on the PR, if I hadn't beaten you guys, I wouldn't be. So when a primary credential for being good is beating you 2, and had I lost to you I would have been lacking those credentials and been considered a worse loss it gets cyclical very fast.

It's hard to explain, but I'll talk with anyone who has any questions either on skype (you can find me in the MI skype some nights) or at tourneys.

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Three questions:

1) MI has a skype? o.O
2) When is the next SiiS, I hear those are pretty hype :yeahboi:
3) DRDN where were you at last tourney, I was waiting to see that $100 MM :troll:

Roller

Smash Legend
1) Zinoto, post your skype name. Ori will add you.

2) Has not been announced, but honestly, the TOing at those has been subpar and I would be much more hyped for another REVENGE than another SiiS.

3) I heard he was scared...

>_>

<_<

Top Bottom