• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey look ANOTHER owner of this thread x)

Roy_R is #18 in Texas.

Nike is #30 in Texas.

Mikehaze is #3 in Souther California.

I'm still uneasy about being on the OP. I don't deserve to be on it anymore than BengalsRZ, C.J., Freezewish, Eazy, and a half dozen other Marth mains. If you feel that I do deserve it, though, then I'll post recent videos of myself.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Post the one where I beat you :awesome:

Or the ones where I forget how to reverse up-B :(

RandomMarthScrub

Smash Cadet
I think honorable mentions are there to deicated Marth mainers that we may soon see on the list after some good tourney results come through, i dont know.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Holy **** he made an Honorable Mentions list lol

Who is this guy anyway? I've NEVER seen him post in the marth boards. Like ever.

@C.J. Your really good.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167

C.J.

Smash Master
Quit falling into fsmashes w/o countering when they're already partially charged, esp vs shugo. More stuff later.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Quit falling into fsmashes w/o countering when they're already partially charged, esp vs shugo. More stuff later.
If you're coming from right above they can clip your legs and counter won't work. That being said, there are 1000000 ways to avoid a charged fsmash and punish it, I was just playing dumb :(

bengals i told you you had a terrible spotdodge habit >__>; a lot of that kinda bs doesn't work esp if ppl notice
Which game in particular are you seeing my spot dodges getting punished?

clowsui

Smash Legend
KIDgoggles punished you in particular

it's not necessarily even other ppl punishing you, you punish yourself by missing opportunities. i'll give them a closer look later

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
KIDgoggles punished you in particular

it's not necessarily even other ppl punishing you, you punish yourself by missing opportunities. i'll give them a closer look later
Ok cool, lemme know when you do :)

Also, don't think I'm trying to deny that I have bad habits or decline constructive criticism or anything like that. I just thought I was actually quite in control of my spot dodging, and watching the videos myself I feel like I use it pretty well.

:bee:

clowsui

Smash Legend
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WbHTLSX1Oo vs. Shugo

1:22 shugo normally buffers a turnaround after that dair, it messes you the fugg up for spotdodging because it's a huge positional advantage. if it's to condition him or something...uh even if he holds block he's still winning in that situation because it's an offensive shield in a situation where you're at a frame disadvantage
2:43 when you spotdodge there while i recognize you're doing it to avoid any aerial follow ups/you think he might dash grab, you give up the time/frames for you to just position yourself to punish his landing or to move right outside his ftilt and force him into a disadvantaged spot and create implied pressure. he pressures you and you end up eating jabs (you punish w/ up b but still)
5:43 you end up avoiding his grab but afterwards you end up shielding. i don't think you had any other feasible, fairly low-risk option there but the fact that you had to shield...i dunno how to articulate it it just proves to me that the spotdodge wasn't that good
6:15 spotdodge will bait either grab, shield, jab, spotdodge, or a roll. spotdodge will beat grab, lose to shield at that range, go neutral w/ jab, go neutral w/ spotdodge, and win slightly vs spotdodge provided your reaction is good. this means that you only have ONE winning option, and the fact that you grabbed afterwards means that you were really going for his shield...but come on dude, when you get so close to him you are 100% telegraphing a grab lol
7:56 completely out of his dash grab range, at a range where only late dash attack will beat it...what makes you think he's going to take this risk, given that he hasn't really fallen for that kind of pattern/spacing the whole set?
8:02 the way he's timing his lasers he can react to whatever you're doing. spotdodging only keeps you ni that position, i understand that you're trying to bait a side b but it ain't gon work
8:05/8:06 no amount of spotdodging will make him stop

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
thank you! i will check that out with the video soon

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
Bengalz when you feel pressured you AD waaaaaaaay tooo much. If KID was paying even remotely attention to ur AD habits he couldved killed you with a charged dsmash at 70 a couple times at the edge. Assuming u were FF ADing, you probably wouldve gimped urself. Also try to get your reaction up. Understand the character you are going up against and the positioning of the character before you preemptively AD. People will murder you for those habits. Trust me.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Bengalz when you feel pressured you AD waaaaaaaay tooo much. If KID was paying even remotely attention to ur AD habits he couldved killed you with a charged dsmash at 70 a couple times at the edge. Assuming u were FF ADing, you probably wouldve gimped urself. Also try to get your reaction up. Understand the character you are going up against and the positioning of the character before you preemptively AD. People will murder you for those habits. Trust me.
Not that I don't appreciate the advice, but this isn't the critique thread fellas.

Against Kid in particular, I tended to airdodge after uthrows, mainly because he wasn't punishing it. When I felt like he was going wait out the airdodge, I'd throw out an aerial or DJ. Like on Picto I know I spiked him out of his uthrow at one point because he was trying to wait out my airdodge.

And yea, I don't know ANYTHING about Sonic, like at all, so that really brings down my ability to react against him. Its one of my least experienced matchups besides probably Bowser and few others.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
yeah, I was thinking the same he didn't ask for advice at all and yet everyone goes around telling him what he did wrong XD

Reizilla

Are honorable mentions just the people that post in the social thread, or what? Where's Viet?! -________-

Bengalz, why did you take Chu to Rainbow?! T_T

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i can't be in a list for a game that i don't believe exists

i mean really now

that's just how it is

obv :012:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
yeah, I was thinking the same he didn't ask for advice at all and yet everyone goes around telling him what he did wrong XD
I didn't wanna say anything, but yea. Keep it to pm's or something x)
Glad some other people noticed that, LMAO!

hey son you see where he asked in his post?

reading comprehension :mad:
well i didn't ask until you originally critiqued me right after i posted the vids. but thanks, honestly :bee:

Are honorable mentions just the people that post in the social thread, or what? Where's Viet?! -________-

Bengalz, why did you take Chu to Rainbow?! T_T
tbh, RC is just my favorite stage and I'm super comfortable there. I don't necessarily think it was a bad CP either, I just unfortunately got off to a very bad start and had to play a huge catchup game from that point. he banned BF btw.

Nike.

Smash Hero
So mikehaze is going to my tourney in 2 weeks.

Chaz and Roy_R are both going to WHOBO3.

Should I go stalker mode and record their matches til they want to kill me?

Reizilla

Only if you shoryuken again every time they get a kill.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
why I'm extremely interested in chaz ! so record both :)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
the thing is mike is great and all but chaz hardly has any vids of him :(

clowsui

Smash Legend
hey will all you marths go invade this thread right here? NEO might be at this tournament and we need NEO footage esp if he uses Marth

also nike just record both. mike has priority naturally, that ***** cloudstealth needs to get on the level first xP

Reizilla

They're going to two separate tournies. Chaz and Roy_R will both be at WHOBO. From what I've heard, Mike won't.

Nike.

Smash Hero
What Rei-Gun said lol. And Mike actually likes when I become his shadow and record his entire tourney.

Last time I did that to Roy_R, he wanted to strangle me x)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom