• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Marth Video Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
VibeSlyph, Killock, and Raziek should probably be in the Honorable Mentions list lol.

Is the thread still being updated with videos?

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Vids of Leon and Mr~R will be updated this weekend sometime, il see what i can find of the inactive Marths as well.

VibeSlyph

Smash Ace
VibeSlyph, Killock, and Raziek should probably be in the Honorable Mentions list lol.

lol If I could get somewhere outside of NY for a tourney, I'd prolly actually have some good videos of myself.

C.J.

Smash Master

I still don't think I should be on here. I don't even have any good vids up, rofl.

Dopl-G

Smash Apprentice
Alright Im gonna update the thread, il post all new sets in here as well.

Leon vs Calzorz (Snake)
Match 1/5 / Match 2/5 / Match 3/5 / Match 4/5 / Match 5/5

Leon vs Luigi_Player (Diddy)
Match 1/4 / Match 2/4 / Match 3/4 / Match 4/4
*Sigh Diddy*

Leon vs Light (Sheik)
Match 1/3 / Match 2/3 / Match 3/3

Mr~R vs Orion (Metaknight)
Match 1/5 / Match 2/5 / Match 4/5 / Match 5/5
*He Went Zss 3rd Match For Dedede This Scrub*

Mr~R vs Calzorz (Snake)
Match 1/3 / Match 2/3 / Match 3/3

Mr~R vs Biggad (Sheik)
Match 1/2 / Match 2/2

Chaz vs Trump (Fox)
Match 2/4 / Match 3/4 / Match 4/4

Chaz vs HRNUT (Snake)
Match 1/3

C.M.X

Smash Apprentice
Ugh. They use no strategy. It was awful.
Thats true, but that is still definatly top level Marth Dittos, aggro all the way, there isnt really much of a strategy for the Ditto either, if they played a Marth with a strategy they would adapt to that straight away and MOST LIKELY beat thm anyway, jus sayin.

daballa100

Smash Cadet
Thats true, but that is still definatly top level Marth Dittos, aggro all the way, there isnt really much of a strategy for the Ditto either, if they played a Marth with a strategy they would adapt to that straight away and MOST LIKELY beat thm anyway, jus sayin.
I agree with this, this is why I hate playing marth dittos. But when 2 really good marths play aggro like that it's super sexy to watch imo.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
First match (M2K):

You should know better than to recover like you did at 1.20.
Straight after you got m2k'd melee style by approaching him at the ledge!!!
Also you aren't using DB2 Upwards. M2K is really really good at DIing dancing blade.

Also M2K's landing options onto the stage from the ledge are:
1. Glide Attack (extremely hard to do, but he does it really easily) [he does it in the match]
2. Really good landing into ftilt
3. Really good landing into forward roll

This is stuff he told me while in Australia, this is how you "beat" MK's edge guarding with fsmash, haha. Some story about tyrant gaying him until he got deh uber tex skills.

Your DI was always similar, so M2K would get a lot of follow ups because you were always UP!
You were so panicked in your recoveries.

Otherwise really good stuff first stock with your rolls, but you needed to keep it fresh.

Nice to see M2K still fears the down air, even though you never did full hop versions of them ><
second match he got you uber hard with all those lame amazing tricks that he gets you with (sooooo many times :()
You didn't handle the M2K nado well at all, probably one of the easier things to learn to handle (it's once he starts his glide gay *** **** that you get ***** 500x before you touch the ground, he used it sparingly).

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
First match (M2K):

You should know better than to recover like you did at 1.20.
I didn't expect him to be so quick to jump down because that was the only time I recovered that way

Straight after you got m2k'd melee style by approaching him at the ledge!!!
Also you aren't using DB2 Upwards. M2K is really really good at DIing dancing blade.
Yeah I know a bit of error on my end (hence the failed dair which was suppose to be a bair) As for DB2 Upwards, this was before I started doing so :(

Also M2K's landing options onto the stage from the ledge are:
1. Glide Attack (extremely hard to do, but he does it really easily) [he does it in the match]
2. Really good landing into ftilt
3. Really good landing into forward roll

This is stuff he told me while in Australia, this is how you "beat" MK's edge guarding with fsmash, haha. Some story about tyrant gaying him until he got deh uber tex skills.

Your DI was always similar, so M2K would get a lot of follow ups because you were always UP!
You were so panicked in your recoveries.

Otherwise really good stuff first stock with your rolls, but you needed to keep it fresh.

Nice to see M2K still fears the down air, even though you never did full hop versions of them ><
second match he got you uber hard with all those lame amazing tricks that he gets you with (sooooo many times :()
You didn't handle the M2K nado well at all, probably one of the easier things to learn to handle (it's once he starts his glide gay *** **** that you get ***** 500x before you touch the ground, he used it sparingly).
2nd match I told myself I try and go aggro, that mixed in with a bit of frustration because more times than none I had better zoning in the first game but was out done in damage due to him DIing out of my DB.
I've looked at that vid and went over it at least 50 times haha
I still haven't played him again in tournament yet but I think things will go a bit more smoothly next time around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom