• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Do you guys think they'll make krystal's design somewhat of a middle-way between assault and command? They did so for fox right?
Krystal's adventure outfit is pretty neat by itself. All they have to do is give her a nifty graphics update and we have a w1narh.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
But it'd be kinda weird if fox isnt adventure anymore but she is..

i think they could make her look still nice mixing the command ds designs sortof..

~Krystal~

True American Heroine

i think they could make her look still nice mixing the command ds designs sortof..
How so? I don't think theres anything wrong with wearing the stuff your people wore.

I can't say I loved the Command designs.....if some sort of mix can be made between Assault and Adventure...I'll settle for that.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
im advetures all the way!(not because of sick, freak-nasty reasons)
are we ever going to get a character update?
and i want the ice spray that the staff used in adventures...

Levia7han117

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't even buy the game if I knew that those were the only characters in the game. I'm still hoping that there's a roster of 40 playable characters. After all, if a crappy DBZ game can have that many, then so can SSBB.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
I wouldn't even buy the game if I knew that those were the only characters in the game. I'm still hoping that there's a roster of 40 playable characters. After all, if a crappy DBZ game can have that many, then so can SSBB.
Well...to Tenkaichi 3's credit...its an extremely good game. You are absolutely right about there being no excuse for a roster in the 20s though. If I do not see more than 30, then I will consider it an epic phailure. How can you NOT have little more than melee after all the time your development team got? It would actually be humiliating to see a melee type #. Bigger team, bigger budget, insane # of characters to pick from as usual...

It just seems crazy to think the game won't even match melee numbers.

Levia7han117

Smash Journeyman
Well...to Tenkaichi 3's credit...its an extremely good game. You are absolutely right about there being no excuse for a roster in the 20s though. If I do not see more than 30, then I will consider it an epic phailure. How can you NOT have little more than melee after all the time your development team got? It would actually be humiliating to see a melee type #. Bigger team, bigger budget, insane # of characters to pick from as usual...

Exactly. Like I said, if a crappy DBZ game can do it, then surely SSBB can do it too.

btw, tonight's update was Ice Climbers' Final Smash

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... the stream of poor updates continues.
YOU OWE US SAKURAI!!! at the very least an AT that deconfirmed a character would create discussion... like a geno AT or a lucario pokeball or something

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It wasn't that bad. The final smash itself was obvious but it's the first update in about two weeks that was mildly interesting. Still waiting for a character profile... I'm starting to get the feeling that Sakurai may be building up suspense for the next person he plans on announcing. If that's the case, I think Captain Olimar or the Animal Crossing rep will be announced by the end of the month. I could be wrong though and he's doing all of this to stall for time...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Mmm, I don't use the Ice Climbers, but I thought their Final Smash was pretty cool. Anywho, I've given up expecting Krystal/a character update for a long time now, and it's working pretty well. Sakurai doesn't owe us anything, so let's all just have a little faith. (Krystal this week would be pretty darned sweet.)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
From how I see it, Krystal doesn't really need to be updated (unless she's in the starting roster) because it's more then obvious that she made the cut especially with the voice actor slip and several strong hints Sakurai has left along the way like how he mentioned he was interested in adding more female characters and how, in my opinion, the second and third most deserving female newcomers (Lyn and Jill Dozer) were made into AT thus elminating any real competition Krystal might have had. Granted, it'd be great to see her but I can personally wait until the game comes out.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I fear that the voice actor used was for a Krystal cameo for the game. This is a possibility, but I hope that isn't the case. Krystal should be as good as in.

Black/Light

Smash Master
several strong hints Sakurai has left along the way like how he mentioned he was interested in adding more female characters and how, in my opinion, the second and third most deserving female newcomers (Lyn and Jill Dozer) were made into AT thus elminating any real competition Krystal might have had. Granted, it'd be great to see her but I can personally wait until the game comes out.
I really don't think characters from completely different series are in direct comp for "female slots":ohwell:

And I hope the next NEW character released is Krystal simply because of the half way confirmation by her VA and the fact that I really want to see how she looks (design model/ Which game her out-fit is from/ how they combind them ect).

If not her than Midna or some other character not in Sakurai's journal so that people will have one more reason to stop citing that thing like it's the "good book of brawl".

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I really don't think characters from completely different series are in direct comp for "female slots":ohwell:

And I hope the next NEW character released is Krystal simply because of the half way confirmation by her VA and the fact that I really want to see how she looks (design model/ Which game her out-fit is from/ how they combind them ect).

If not her than Midna or some other character not in Sakurai's journal so that people will have one more reason to stop citing that thing like it's the "good book of brawl".
Well, when you consider how there were only a few plausible female reps from the get-go...

Also, even if a character not in Sakurai's journal or not mentioned in a interview appeared, I'd hardly say that it would completely debunk that it is and has been a rather reliable source up to this time.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
^i agree. but Krystal was mentioned how many times in his journal?
wasnt she the highest female character mentioned on Sakurai's poll?
and he was asking if she would be a good PC, right?(he got good responce in our favor from what it sounds like)
i personally think she is in as a unlockable but an early one.(kinda like Luigi was in melee)

Black/Light

Smash Master
Well, when you consider how there were only a few plausible female reps from the get-go...

Also, even if a character not in Sakurai's journal or not mentioned in a interview appeared, I'd hardly say that it would completely debunk that it is and has been a rather reliable source up to this time.
One, I think people focus too much on "reps". I personally go by the "Main character/ Side kick-diferent version of the main character/ main villian/ Important female figure of the series" formal.
As in, the most important roles of a game are the ones that will be taken. . .female or not the character will fall into one of these roles if the series gets one or more characters.

Two, I never said it "debunks" anything. I said that because of the fact that not being on that journal is used as a strike on any character's "chances" by people here. Sure, 3 characters confirmed for brawl were high on that journal. . . doesn't mean everything with 3+ replies on said journal will get in.

Hell, as of now 3 comfirmed characters had less than 3 replies on there. . .2 where not on there at all. All of the newest new comers have had good reason to be in with or with out the journal so thats not at all a dictaction of who is "most likely".

Elysium

Smash Lord
It looks like Ice thrust is winning. I was hoping for something that every character didn't already have. Sakurai did say that many characters would have some sort of side b that would send them charging forward.
Well so far I only know of Meta's Forward B that sends him forward. And with the alternative, I fear it would be like a weaker version of the Ice climbers move. I think that if she charges forward (with minimal end lag) that might be able to set up some combos, thus increasing Krystal's **** ability. :laugh:

It could be weird, and I think thats what they thought with the Zelda reps, but the staff was dominate in Adventure, and I believe most of the **** Staff agrees that it just doesn't feel right to be command or Assault with the staff.(not because it "clashes" with her, just because it would be like Link in a clown suit swinging the Master Sword around....imo)
I'd laugh then cry if he gave us a notice saying "These are the only characters I brawl sukas!"
I think I would be in shock if Sakurai said "Suckas" lol

QFT for all of that. This game will have a big roster, we just have to be patient. Besides, how cool would it be if you think there's only like 35 PC's. and then we find like 10 more secret ones. It would be better than knowing about them from the start I think. But then again the Japanese might find them all and ruin it if Sakurai himself doesn't.
One, I think people focus too much on "reps". I personally go by the "Main character/ Side kick-diferent version of the main character/ main villian/ Important female figure of the series" formal.
As in, the most important roles of a game are the ones that will be taken. . .female or not the character will fall into one of these roles if the series gets one or more characters.
I don't know about that Formula, Not that I don't think it's could be accurate except I don't think it works for all the series, i.e Pokemon. But so far it's been pretty accurate with what we know.

Also, so I've been gone. I was in the middle of moving, and still am without Internet Access at the new house. Therefore I'm limited to college library access, so over the weekends I wont be on much.
As far as The **** Staff goes, if all the members agree on something being added to the smashwiki page, or adding a new member, or something like that, feel free to add it without my approval over the weekends while I'm gone. I should be pretty active over the week so I don't think we'll have any problems.

Oh yeah... Krystal for this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't know about that Formula, Not that I don't think it's could be accurate except I don't think it works for all the series, i.e Pokemon. But so far it's been pretty accurate with what we know.
It works with pokemon.
Main character: Pika
Important female figure: Jpuff

Melee
Main character: Pika
Side kick-Differant version of the main character: Pichu
Main villian: Mew2

Brawl
. . .Both Red and Pika are the "main character role" in this case:p
(Or Red is the "Side kick" maybe)

Sure, it doesn't work with ALL series exactly like this. I stated how it works afew pages back. . .but this is a good idea as to what roles in the past have been fulled when a series happens to get more than one character. If a character falls into one of these roles than thats more of a plus than not.

Elysium

Smash Lord

No way, Jiggs is the most masculine PC in the smash games. :laugh:

Yeah I know, it works fairly well to give people an idea of who could work for the reps in the series.

Something worthy of an Edit finally. Check this out.
Character Battles!!
Check the Dream land Conference, remember that date and vote for Krystal. Were going to make her win!!!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
^i agree. but Krystal was mentioned how many times in his journal?
wasnt she the highest female character mentioned on Sakurai's poll?
and he was asking if she would be a good PC, right?(he got good responce in our favor from what it sounds like)
i personally think she is in as a unlockable but an early one.(kinda like Luigi was in melee)
1. 4 times which tied her for the second most mentioned character along with Diddy, Ike, Ridley, and Claus.

2. Yes, she was basically the only female character that appeared more then once in Sakurai's Journal.

3. Except the comments he left at the end of each page (there were 29 in all), the "mentions" were from people who submitted their entries into the offical Brawl poll. A lot of people often get this mixed up. Regardless, the 290 that were chosen were the ones that interested/amused Sakurai and his staff the most.

4. I think her status on her being an unlockable fully depends on what happens to Falco. Personally, I can't see there being more then one unlockable Star Fox character (since it's such a small franchise and all) so either one of them is in the starting roster or Falco got the boot.

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
^ok i thought she was all that stuff

and its pretty unpredictable about Krystal and Falco right now, i would be happiest with them both in there but if it has to go one way i want Krystal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Two, I never said it "debunks" anything. I said that because of the fact that not being on that journal is used as a strike on any character's "chances" by people here. Sure, 3 characters confirmed for brawl were high on that journal. . . doesn't mean everything with 3+ replies on said journal will get in.

Hell, as of now 3 comfirmed characters had less than 3 replies on there. . .2 where not on there at all. All of the newest new comers have had good reason to be in with or with out the journal so thats not at all a dictaction of who is "most likely".
1. I agree but that still doesn't change how there is hypothetical competition between some of the characters.

2. When you say "2" I'm guessing your're referring to Sonic and the Pokemon Trainer. Sonic was mentioned by Sakurai and Miyamoto in an interview in August of 2006 and the Pokemon Trainer (AKA Red) was the third most requested Pokemon character in the offical Melee poll in 2001. In comparison, Wario was third most requested Mario character and Metaknight was the third most requested Kirby character.

3. By the way, who are the "3" confirmed characters you're talking about? If they're veterans, they don't exactly count although the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were the most requested characters not to get the boot...

KrystalRules

Smash Lord
3. By the way, who are the "3" confirmed characters you're talking about? If they're veterans, they don't exactly count although the Ice Climbers and Mr. Game and Watch were the most requested characters not to get the boot...
they were the most requested players not to get the boot because WAY early in the waiting of Brawl Sakurai said that they would Probably not return. When people heard that they started requesting them to come back.
(and on melee i cant get Mr. Game and Watch because i cant beat the visitors from space stage with ness!)

Teeb147

Smash Legend
they were the most requested players not to get the boot because WAY early in the waiting of Brawl Sakurai said that they would Probably not return. When people heard that they started requesting them to come back.
(and on melee i cant get Mr. Game and Watch because i cant beat the visitors from space stage with ness!)
Can you change your font color? its so hard to read.

and uuuh, krystal rules.

Black/Light

Smash Master
1. I agree but that still doesn't change how there is hypothetical competition between some of the characters.

2. When you say "2" I'm guessing your're referring to Sonic and the Pokemon Trainer. Sonic was mentioned by Sakurai and Miyamoto in an interview in August of 2006 and the Pokemon Trainer (AKA Red) was the third most requested Pokemon character in the offical Melee poll in 2001. In comparison, Wario was third most requested Mario character and Metaknight was the third most requested Kirby character.

1. I surely hope your not sugguesting that characters get in to "rep" titles such as "female character/ child character or etc" which would pin 2 completely different characters from 2 completely different series for completely different reasons of getting in against each other solely because of something as trival as gender:ohwell:

2. Im refering DIRECTLY to the journal and only the journel for brawl. Ya know, the one every Geno fanboy cites.
Im well aware that Red, Wario, MK and Sonic have appeared in other articals oe statments by Sakurai.

3. the 3 confirmed new characters who got in with less than 3 replies on the journal for brawl (meanin, anything from 2 to 0) are Lucas (2) Sonic (0) and PT (0).

And well Im at it. .
4. I think her status on her being an unlockable fully depends on what happens to Falco. Personally, I can't see there being more then one unlockable Star Fox character (since it's such a small franchise and all) so either one of them is in the starting roster or Falco got the boot.
. . . Where is this coming from? We have no idea who is unlockable or who is a starter . . .nor how many of each a series gets. 0_o

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
1. I surely hope your not sugguesting that characters get in to "rep" titles such as "female character/ child character or etc" which would pin 2 completely different characters from 2 completely different series for completely different reasons of getting in against each other solely because of something as trival as gender:ohwell:

2. Im refering DIRECTLY to the journal and only the journel for brawl. Ya know, the one every Geno fanboy cites.
Im well aware that Red, Wario, MK and Sonic have appeared in other articals oe statments by Sakurai.

3. the 3 confirmed new characters who got in with less than 3 replies on the journal for brawl (meanin, anything from 2 to 0) are Lucas (2) Sonic (0) and PT (0).
PT Placed 3rd on pokemon catigory and 12th overall + He is basically the main protaginist ? As to sonic he was the most requested third party and was mentioned in interviews from 2001-2006 (Same with lucas O;.) And sakurai has shown interest into Mother 3 more then the first two (He wanted to put lucas in instead of ness since Smash 64.) In a way i agree with both of you because i think "Most" Newcomers will be from the journal but not all :ohwell: :p.

Black/Light

Smash Master
PT Placed 3rd on pokemon catigory and 12th overall + He is basically the main protaginist ? As to sonic he was the most requested third party and was mentioned in interviews from 2001-2006 (Same with lucas O;.) And sakurai has shown interest into Mother 3 more then the first two (He wanted to put lucas in instead of ness since Smash 64.) In a way i agree with both of you because i think "Most" Newcomers will be from the journal but not all :ohwell: :p.
. . .I would like to know how any of this info ties into the brawl journal I was refering to:ohwell:

Brawl Journal reply sum up.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

And here. . .
I never said it "debunks" anything. I said that because of the fact that not being on that journal is used as a strike on any character's "chances" by people here. Sure, 3 characters confirmed for brawl were high on that journal. . . doesn't mean everything with 3+ replies on said journal will get in.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
. . .I would like to know how any of this info ties into the brawl journal I was refering to:ohwell:

Brawl Journal reply sum up.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=71872

And here. . .
Oh , What i mean by was there where other things going for those characters , Most in the roster will probably have something going for them <____<...Just saying :p.(Keyword:Most :p.) Wow this was quite a fun discussion O;.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
well can i join :veryconfu
Yeah I don't care if your in 10 clans. All we care about is your interest in Krystal and your interest in Smash, so just give me something to put up on the smashwiki page and your good.
Yeah, just give us a little personal info for the smash wiki site, like your major plans for brawl, who you'll main (besides krystal). maybe a personal slogan.

also, where were you planning on voting? is there a poll I missed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom