• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
As I said before to you, most people enter a tournament with hopes that they will win it. That's the purpose of 'dropping' $15. If you don't think you can win it, don't enter.

That's just me being blunt about it.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
As I said before to you, most people enter a tournament with hopes that they will win it. That's the purpose of 'dropping' $15. If you don't think you can win it, don't enter.

That's just me being blunt about it.
Well yes you should enter every tournament with the intention to win but you also have to be fully prepared to lose. It'd be folly to expect yourself to come out on top every time, but you must play like you can. But If you are serious about playing smash at all and dont want to drop 15 dollars for a tournament, you shouldnt be considering tournaments in the first place. There's no place in the competitive community for people who wanna half *** their way to the top with meaningless friendlies and stupid 5 dollars tournaments. You gotta be ready to drop some money and lose miserably for a long time before you're good enough to make some money.

You're kind of logic would stagnate any fighting game community and is NOT the mentality you want of its members. Its the kind of logic that prevents people from making advances in any way in their life. Imagine any scientist or inventor simply quitting because they didnt expect a large chance of a payoff from their time and money invested?

I mean, just get a sign up list, and whoever are the top 3 players to say they are going, just give them the money and skip the tournament.

the point is to get better.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Just letting you know I'm 18 and graduated from Highshool. I have PLENTY of money but I just don't see dropping 15 a week as a very good investment for my money. There is a big difference between not having money and not wanting to spend it. As Rayku said, for a Monthly that would be reasonable, but for a weekly it is slightly too much. Just my two cents...
like I said, you may as well quit while you're behind.

You could always just go to one weekly every month anyway... there's no stopping you from doing that, but even then I'd suggest against that, playing more means playing better.

well, maybe... we are talking about kennesaw here. >_>

<_<

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Nah, I think Chaddd and XIF need some more of my money thats why I go to tournaments >_>

I would like to inform the Kennesaw and surrounding area people that I am no longer driving this far to play people that I am better than. If I am better than you feel free to drive to my house, If you are better than me I will still come to you, and if we can't decide who is better, I'll just let you talk to my Fox, Marth, or Falcon for $5 A piece.

Is this an arrogant post? Perhaps take it as you will, but there is no use in me driving and using 800 dollars in gas to not learn anything new or help my metagame.

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
XIF I dunno dude I just play to have fun and to have a good time. =/ Don't go all Kaiba on me here... Seriously... take a down a notch......

Edit:: that does not mean I am a casual player.. I wanna get good and get better and I have been improving a lot, a few people here might be able to vouch for it, but it is just brawl dude, just a game....

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
whoah.

kennesaw.....

4leaf, you've got pretty good practice ( rayku )

And for anyone else too, don't just play and TRY to win if you wanna get better.

Play and put some dedication in to get better.

And I know people have complained about GA in general about our attitude when we lose.

" Oh ****it. You're better than I am so i'm probably going to lose "

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
Yeah I do have some decent practice, but like I said I play to have fun more than to give myself a stomach ulcer and complain/beat myself up when I loose. What is the point of a video game if your not having fun? I digress... If you guys really just want to do that much money each week, then go for it. Just remember the majority needs to respect minority rights... otherwise you don't have some sort of democracy. =/

Majist

Smash Journeyman
lol.

dunkin donuts. on wade green.

you going to alex's today? I am.
WHAT!? there's a dunkin donuts on Wade Green!?!? Fack me, i used to live right off of there and i never knew!!:cry: Brandon's *** is grass

i blame you too, marty. you should know of these things. and don't give me this "i didn't have a cell phone or a car" bullcrap.

edit: wow, this filter is just silly. i spelled a s s with -@- and it still censored it out:laugh:

GA Peach

Smash Lord
kennesaw topic is the only reason i come to smashboards anymore
its caus i loev marty

marty i am leaving the "keeping up w/ smash" scene
train me in the way of ggxx style 2d fighters

also btw
good choice leaving, tong. smash is ********, anyway. i'll still play it, but, meh...there are MUCH better fighting games out there. let me know when you want to 2D it up, asian kid.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Hey 4leaf. I read some of your posts and you said you've gotten better. Care for a couple 1v1 friendlies online? I haven't played Brawl in a while but it shouldn't be too hard to get used to. I'll be checking the Etowah site more often then this one, so if you could post a message there saying when you're ready to fight, that'll be great.

Rayku

Smash Lord
the greatest melee tourney since brawl came out is this weekend.

Otherwise, WABA's about your only option.

Jio

Smash Rookie
hey im part of the knoxville smash crew from TN... im in kennesaw prolly til tomorrow.

im down for melee or brawl today....altho i havent played melee since brawl came out.

here my number sumone hit me up today plz. 901 573 3065

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
the greatest melee tourney since brawl came out is this weekend.

Otherwise, WABA's about your only option.
yeah i know about thoes but isnt there weekly tournys? and if so can you please gimi the link or days? thx

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
we need to set up a lan or a date to go to a local place to smash, i grow tired of playin the same people, and i would very much like to play the people i havent played in awhile marty, jason, pelican, etc.

Jio

Smash Rookie
ggz yesterday marty...

wish i coulda played mike g or sum of the other guys but im leaving today so maybe next time.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@MarsFool - it seems i do, but i don't know when you work, so that's a little inevitable. we need to get on that GGXX very soon, though. just call me when you wanna play.

@Jio - very nice meeting you, man. you have a good falco. very smart, just work on that stuff i told you about. i wish you weren't leaving today so we could play more and you could teach me Ling. I'll PM on Zaibatsu or something.

@Skeptic - while i don't like brawl at all, i guess i wouldn't mind hanging out an playing. melee anyone?

@everyone in the Kennesaw thread - brawl sucks, stop playing it, and play either Melee, or more preferably, GGXX/Arcana Heart/Super Turbo/3rd Strike/T5DR/any other fighting game because they are, for the most part, a lot better than Smash.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
still looking for a tourny to go to this weekend, for brawl. any 1 know of any tournys happoning june 6-8?

Top Bottom