• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
>_>; No I pretty much have to agree with Gilded on this one... most 2D fighters do infact look the same. And are in fact quite easy to make... Actually some of the easiest to make are 2D fighters.... That is why you saw Bandai come out with I think it was 4 2D fighters in one month. So... =/ They are quite easy to spam from a developer's stand point and as a result all end up generic and similar in design. This isn't saying there aren't any good ones because there are some very good 2D fighters... but there ain't no runnin from the truth... the games are spamable...

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
>_>; No I pretty much have to agree with Gilded on this one... most 2D fighters do infact look the same. And are in fact quite easy to make... Actually some of the easiest to make are 2D fighters.... That is why you saw Bandai come out with I think it was 4 2D fighters in one month. So... =/ They are quite easy to spam from a developer's stand point and as a result all end up generic and similar in design. This isn't saying there aren't any good ones because there are some very good 2D fighters... but there ain't no runnin from the truth... the games are spamable...

oh boy.... *goes to publix for more microwave popcorn*

nicaboy

Smash Champion
ya but dont forget many two d fighters are competitve so ya just rerlieze man yfighting games are spamable lol

um it about clayton son i reside and play melee there people get shot here for real unlike kenasaw

GA Peach

Smash Lord
@GP and 4Leaf - lol...*sigh*. well, nintendo has to make their money somehow... <_< ;
@MarsFool - i guess ignorance is bliss for some people. run yo pockets, n!gga, LOL.
@Mikey - yeah, i feel ya...*facepalms*

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I'm just quoting you because everyone else did >.<

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
well a lot of 2d fighters look the same to people that don't know whats going on

i can't tell the difference between a lot of them unless i have played them

Laijin

Smash Hero
Arcsys and Capcom are the two companies that make 2d fighters these days(At least the good ones for that matter). 2D fighters are usually more fair and balanced than 3D fighters(LOL TEKKEN 5. LOL SOUL CALIBROKEN 3). But after playing many different popular 2D fighters, I can definantly say they are all uniquely different. Like for example: Arcana Heart can not be called the same game as like Guilty Gear or Capcom vs SNK is not the same as SNK vs Capcom.
Where are you in FL tong?
You better come to gigabits next weekend if your in FL so you can see FL get rocked by new brawl players using Metaknight and Snake.

@Mars:
I would be a ballin fox player by now if all of FL was not into brawl so much. All of them talk about how much the game sucks and how much melee was better. :\ But no one wants to host a melee tournament.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
lolz @ EVERYONE!!

I didn't say i dislike 2d fighters. But I was just .....wondering i guess.
I like guilty gear and 3rd strike a lot.
And then i saw arcana heart and was like" man, ...looks kinda the same."

But I don't assume that it IS the same.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i am no lomger in florida

i was visiting for the wkd then got stranded cause of our car hitting anohter car on the way out

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
Martys in the same boat as me. Not necessarily wanting to play melee but not satisfied with GA's other fighting game communities. BAH.

I wish I was good at melee =/

nicaboy

Smash Champion
wow lol tong can i come by your place for melee? it be fun now i could come down to kennasaw but i have car issues at the moment im 23 min from zeus place so ya

Laijin

Smash Hero
lolz @ EVERYONE!!

I didn't say i dislike 2d fighters. But I was just .....wondering i guess.
I like guilty gear and 3rd strike a lot.
And then i saw arcana heart and was like" man, ...looks kinda the same."

But I don't assume that it IS the same.
Wow. Thats ridiculous.
Arcana Heart does not even look the same. Just from looking at it for the first time, I could already see it plays absolutely NOTHING like any other fighting game ever.
From a first glance
-you can see that the arena is HUGE.
-The dash bar at the bottom
-The arcana powers

If you play it for the first time, you'll also notice how significantly harder it is to learn than other 2d fighters. You literally can't button mash with majority of the characters and get away with it like you can in most fighting games.
All in all, that comment you said was pretty ********.
and im also kinda drunk. lol

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
Wow. Thats ridiculous.
Arcana Heart does not even look the same. Just from looking at it for the first time, I could already see it plays absolutely NOTHING like any other fighting game ever.
From a first glance
-you can see that the arena is HUGE.
-The dash bar at the bottom
-The arcana powers

If you play it for the first time, you'll also notice how significantly harder it is to learn than other 2d fighters. You literally can't button mash with majority of the characters and get away with it like you can in most fighting games.
All in all, that comment you said was pretty ********.
and im also kinda drunk. lol
okay.
:chuckle:

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
itt laijin hopes to fool you guys into thinking his latest game is deeper than the rest

oan i was down thare w/ friends so my family is ok
everyone is ok infact so now i'm in my dorm catching up on all the schoowlrok i missed while relaxing an extra 2 days in floarida LOLer

Archaic

Smash Apprentice
I approve of this picture.(but you left out his signature comb)

Good news! I finally got my computer back after roughly four months. So now i can actually come to this site without having to wait 20 minutes for the PSP wi-fi to work, which means ill actually be checking the forum again.

Hey so I know everyone kinda doesn't like brawl anymore but...anyone up to play sometime soon? Like monday or tuesday? I promise I'll answer my phone this time. Everyone always calls at bad times...

nicaboy

Smash Champion
aw i cant make saturday lame sigh:(
xif are u up for some melee anytime of the week (mon-friday)? i can drop by ga tech more often now so ya iwanna play everyone there including u i will avenge my brothers defeat to u

Top Bottom