• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE OFFICIAL Kennesaw, GA (and surrounding areas) Thread

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Btw, these Wednesday tournies sound like total garbage. ****ing **** controllers and $10 fee and winner only gets half their winnings in cash? What kind of tourney is that? If you guys are smart, one of you will take some initiative and go to the Game place in Kennesaw that I posted about on here a few months back.
I'm pretty sure they'll set us up for like $5-10, we'll be able to use our own controllers, and the prizes won't be store credit. I mean it's right off of Barrett next to Applebee's. Go check it out and talk to them about starting up some tournies there. We can even get some Melee going on some days, and we can get some teams going too (you know you want to do teams). Go check it out.

Edit: Also, these Wednesday tournies... they're on Wednesday!!! Wtf is up with that?!?!
Lol, and they start kinda late, don't ya think? We can do so much better than this crap place. B/c I'm not at all motivated to go to it, despite it being 15 minutes from my house.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Don't knock it 'til you try it, bro.

Like I said, the controllers aren't bad. THey're brand new. Also, the tournaments are already established as weekly. If you want us to go to that place you're talking about, get them to have tournaments every week instead of us having to do it.

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Well the other place is willing to throw better tournies on multiple and nicer T.V.s for better prizes. And also on a better day and time (unless you guys really think Wed. @ 8 is good).
Also we could have teams, some Melee, our own controllers, friendlies on seperate T.V.s, etc. etc. I'll be going out of town until the end of July, so someone else needs to take some initiative, go over there, and establish a good tourney scene there.

Rayku

Smash Lord
I'm just saying, unless you take the initiative, people are going to stick with what they have rather than take a risk and time out of their day to get something else. That's just common logic.

And yes, I know logic would say that someone would take initiative to get something better, but it's not guaranteed. They'll come to it when it's established as an absolute occurance

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
iv been monitorin smash boards for awhile but just resently made an account, iv already played some of u at Battle and Brew, but my phone number is 770-317-4489 and my AIM is Pl4ysWithKn1ves

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Hey if you guys aren't doing anything, there's a smashfest at this address tonight. Call me if you get lost:

5587 Hedge Brooke Drive
Acworth,GA 30101

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
lol my bad. Marty called me and was like "Hey I'm bored." So I was like "Okay, let's smash" and that's how it came up...What's this about Zeus' place? Does he know people are going to his house on Friday?

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
so im pretty sure its safe to say no one likes the way battle and brew runs the brawl tournys, so me and john were talkin, and this is just an idea atm, but perhaps we could do a weekly tourny at someones house,that way we could set up the tourny the way we want it, we could do $5 dollar entry fee, winner take 75% of the pot, and the other 25%could go towards food, as i said this is just an idea atm, but letme know what u guys think

Rayku

Smash Lord
If anyone's house is big enough to do it, hell yeah. Weeklky tournaments would be most awesome, but setups would need to be brought, etc...

I'd suggest my house but my mom is very...not cool with stuff like that =P

Also, I'd still prefer a $10 entry fee solely because it would pay out more for the winner and more food would be able to be bought. See what I'm sayin'? And to most people, $10 shouldn't be that hard to conjur up once a week.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Brawl most likely. Melee would only be by popular demand >.> And only if it'd be worth it.

Yeah, sorry that my dogs are racist. It's mainly only Zelda that's racist, though. Cindy's fine.

4Leaf

Smash Rookie
4Leaf here. So yeah I a ton of fun yesterday at Battle N Brew. I got to meet a ton of you there! For the most part you guys were pretty cool. =) Dang I feel so bad though because I can't recognize a lot of you from your smash names here I know who Skeptic, Pelican, Gilded Punch, Rayku, and Marty all are, but I have a feeling I should know more of you. Does overconfident Asian come to these boards? Heh anyways, the matches were great there, but the problem is that the owner does not give a crap about his brawl tourneys. I'm sorry but he makes no real effort to please his customers and overcharges us for lousy service. In game brawl tourneys with ONE GAME SINGLE ELIMINATION 5 STOCK 15 MINUTES?! What is that crap? Yeah we need to figure something else out. Oh and Gilded Punch... your quiet... but that only makes me wanna talk to you more. =) Hehe...

matthewmilad

Smash Journeyman
Someone's house might not be a bad idea, depending on whose it is. But please go check out the game store on Barrett next to Applebee's. I am still convinced that that is the best place. When I talked to them, they said that as long as we could produce a good number of people, they would do like 5-10, use our rules, we'd have 10 monitors, could play on a better day and time, set up some Teams and Melee on the side, and they even offered to supply food. And if we don't do that, there is a McDonald's across the street. Oh, and the Applebee's. Also, Barrett has anything and everything anyway... Oh plus we'd get to use our own controllers. So please guys, go check it out, and tell them you're interested in Brawl tournies.

I'd like to ask right now though, everyone list your top 2 days to hold a weekly tourney on.
Then we'll try to see what we can work out with them. It will be 920343024 times better than Battle and Brew, I promise.

GildedPunch

Smash Ace
haha. yeah i know im quiet. jason's a ****. Olimar > Lucario.

i still dunno what 10 chars. means.

no overconfident chinese kid ( named mat tam, spell his name backwards. lolz ) isn't on the boards.

i can't do my house.

I might take another shot at melee. Or just learn snake in brawl. lolz

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah, Olimar > Lucario. I'll agree to that.

You > Me, though, that's another story ;)

10 chars. is because in order to make a post, it has to be at least 10 characters long.

Sk3pTiK

Smash Rookie
ur both obviously mistaken, for you see... Yoshi > life itself.

as for that game store on Barrett, im free whenever now because im about to graduate :D.

also GP, im workin on Pikachu now, that QAC is too fun to mess around with

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah, we should check out the place on barrett, but apparently we need a large audience so we'll have to make it all a big plan. Where d'you live exactly again, sk3ptik? I, too, am about to graduate (2 more classes to go)

And John, you know I respect you =P You're better than I am, I just wanted to see how you'd respond.

P3L!C@N

Smash Cadet
Hey okay so I went and talked to the people at Console Concepts(The place behind Applebee's that matthewmilad has been talking about), and they are more than willing to cooperate. We're trying to do the first tournament next week so if you wouldn't mind, give me a date and time that would be best so I can compromise with a reasonable time for everyone. One problem is that they only have 1 Wii, so we'd have to bring those, but they have at least ten monitors, so TVs aren't a problem. Just hit me back with some general feedback like rules, a door fee, entry fees, doubles, etc.

Top Bottom